Grassy Meadows Cheese Contamination Warning

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15180531/detail.html
INDIANAPOLIS -- State health officials are warning consumers in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan not to eat certain cheeses produced by the Grassy Meadows dairy of Howe, Ind.

No illnesses or complaints have been reported, but samples taken in a routine survey by the Indiana State Board of Animal Health indicated higher levels of the staphylococcus aureus bacteria in several raw milk cheeses, the board's dairy division said Wednesday.

The products include colby, lots 210317 and 19177; jalapeno natural, lots 2617, 21017 and 11017; "Homemade," lots 19267 and 19227; Monterey Jack, lots 18207 and 2937; and garlic pepper, lot 19147. All were sold in wedges or blocks of various weights.

INDY, no cheese for you!! :blowkiss:

Thanks for the info, Taxi, I eat lots of cheese:eek: I keep seeing commercials on TV about California cheese cows are happy cows - maybe there's something to that!

Raw milk cheese. I must have been laboring under the misguided notion that all our cheese in the USA are not allowed to be from raw milk, that only European cheese are made from raw milk, and why theirs tastes so much better and "alive". Now I'm confused.

Raw milk cheese. I must have been laboring under the misguided notion that all our cheese in the USA are not allowed to be from raw milk, that only European cheese are made from raw milk, and why theirs tastes so much better and "alive". Now I'm confused.
I have a friend with goats. She makes wonderful butter and cheeses. However, she does pasteurize the milk first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back