Deceased/Not Found MO - Christian Ferguson, 9, disabled, St Louis, 11 June 2003 *dad Arrest 2019 murder & rape charges *guilty*

Nothing new on Christian. They've never found him. I believe the father was recently arrested on some unrelated charges..... I can't remember exactly what those were though.

I am posting this now due to a current, similar case of a missing autistic child who was left unattended in a car in West Virginia. I noticed we did not have a thread for this boy here.

He would be 11 now. His case is unsolved.

Amber Alert
Changed to Missing Endangered June 26.

Christian Ferguson

9 yrs., 4', 75 lbs, black male with light complexion with a short afro hairstyle.

According to Captain Harry Heger of the St. Louis PD the case remains open and police continue to search for Christian.

Christian is severely mentally challenged and may be dressed only in a diaper and wrapped in a multicolored blanket.

More: http://codeamber.org/ferguson/

A story from June of 2004, with comments from the family about their feelings a year after Christian disappeared

Case of missing boy, 9, remains mystery

This story was originally published June 11, 2004

One year ago this morning, a father called 911 from a pay phone with a frightening account: A carjacker had driven away with his SUV and his diaper-clad, profoundly disabled 9-year-old son.

The SUV turned up two hours later; there was no sign of the boy. St. Louisans, reeling from a relentless series of highly publicized child abductions, felt another shiver. City police were skeptical of the carjacking report but said the danger to the boy was no less real.

Searchers fanned out in a race to find Christian Taylor Ferguson. Without medicine for a metabolic defect, they were told, he would soon be dead. Days later, he was presumed so. But hope remained that authorities would at least find his remains and learn his fate.

Another June 11 has arrived and Christian remains missing; his disappearance remains unsolved.

But from the very start, investigators have -- in their actions, if not in their words -- put the microscope on his father, Dawan Ferguson, 31, who had been embroiled with his ex-wife, Christian's mother, in a custody battle over their two sons.

Ferguson has not been charged with a crime; he declined through his lawyer, John Rogers of Clayton, to comment for this story.

"The (Dawan) Ferguson family continues to be both saddened and frustrated with the lack of progress concerning the investigation into Christian's abduction," Rogers said Thursday. "I believe (the police) focus on Dawan is and has always been misplaced. Clearly the amount of time that has passed supports my contention that there is no credible connection between Dawan (and) Christian's abduction."

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/special/srlinks.nsf/0/F8B28951E15ED71886256EE0006AD3EE?OpenDocument

A story from June of 2005 - two years after Christian went missing - with comments from Christian's natural mother about this case and his father's story about what happened that day Christian went missing:

Christian Ferguson

June, 2005 WB11

Nearly two years have passed since 9-year-old Christian Ferguson was reported missing.

Since then, no charges have been filed, and no suspects have been named.

On Friday, his mother pleaded for answers. Christian's mother, along with a Kansas City activist, gathered in front of Dawan Ferguson's home, the last place Christian was seen alive, to ask why this case is still unsolved.

Christian Ferguson was last seen June 11, 2003. His father, Dawan Ferguson, told authorities his son was in the backseat when his SUV was stolen.

"I don't believe the story that the father has given, and I do believe that him and his wife are responsible for what happened to my son," said Theda Thomas, Christian's mother.

More: http://wb11tv.trb.com/kplr-news-061005-3,0,361344.story?coll=kplr-home-1

Three years later, case of missing boy remains unsolved

christianfergusonmug610.jpg

Christian Ferguson
(P-D)

A mystery that began three years ago Sunday when a man reported that his vehicle was stolen with his severely disabled 9-year-old son inside, remains just as curious today.

It was at 6:09 a.m., on June 11, 2003, that Dawan Ferguson dialed 911 from a pay phone at Skinker and Page boulevards and said someone took his SUV while he had stopped to make a call there. He said his son, Christian Ferguson, was inside.

Police discovered the vehicle in the city of Ferguson two hours later. But no sign of Christian was ever found. Over and over, volunteers have scoured various areas without finding a clue. Unofficially, authorities presume the boy is dead.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/CA5776C92C97843986257189001BC99D?OpenDocument

So sad.

Was the father ever classed as a suspect in his sons disappearance?

What was the extent of the boys disabilities?

It's been nearly four years since Christian Ferguson, a 9-year-old boy with severe disabilities, vanished under mysterious and suspicious circumstances. The boy's father, Dawan Ferguston, reported that his son was taken by a car thief — a story that neither police nor the boy's maternal relatives accepted.

Unofficially, Christian is presumed dead, but authorities have been unable to find a body.

Although St. Louis police, with an assist from the FBI, worked diligently, clues evaporated, leads eventually ran out and the case went cold.

With the case stagnant, St. Louis Police Chief Joe Mokwa and the FBI have decided to energize the investigation by creating a five-member task force whose sole duty will be Christian's case. The team, which began its work last week and will run indefinitely, consists of a sergeant and two detectives from the Police Department plus two FBI agents.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...8E8BEAC6C720A358862572D4000DB11E?OpenDocument

WOW- I read that wrong, for a minute I thought it said FBI found him... wishful thinking.
I am glad they are re opening this case!!!

Sounds like LE needs to take another close look at the father. I have a creepy feeling about this story.

Sounds like LE needs to take another close look at the father. I have a creepy feeling about this story.

I think LE has that creepy feeling, too.

Task Force Started For Christian Ferguson Case

A task force will re-interview all the witnesses. An area of focus is Christian's father, Dawan Ferguson. "We have some suspicions about the information he's provided. That doesn't mean that we know he did it, but we're certainly curious about it," said Chief Mokwa.

He says the task force, made up of a sergeant, two detectives and and two FBI agents will eventually present its findings to prosecutors who will then decide what to do.

Since there isn't a lot of info about Christian and his case on this thread, I am adding some information and links that I found.

Christian's father was taking him to the hospital at approximately 6:30 a.m. on June 11, 2003. He stopped to use a pay phone on the corner of Page & Skinker. Someone took off with the vehicle, Christian was in the back seat. The vehicle was located about 8 miles away from where it was taken but the child's whereabouts remain unknown. He was last seen wearing only a diaper and was wrapped in a multicolored blanket. The child has a severe medical condition which requires daily medication that is not with him.

http://www.alostchild.com/christianferguson/
http://www.carolesundfoundation.com/sections/missing?person=223
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=964942&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

http://cw11tv.trb.com/news/kplr-050709-9,0,2649351.story?coll=kplr-news-1
St. Louis City Police Chief, Joe Mokwa, hopes to give Thomas (Christian's mother) an answer. A task force will re-interview all the witnesses. An area of focus is Christian's father, Dawan Ferguson. He told police Christian disappeared inside an SUV that was stolen. He said he stopped to use a pay phone when the SUV was stolen. "We have some suspicions about the information he's provided. That doesn't mean that we know he did it, but we're certainly curious about it," said Chief Mokwa. "We had evidence that we thought might be a crime although not necessarily the abduction and disappearance of the child, and yet we don't want to jeopardize that stronger case or a stronger crime with less serious crimes," explained Chief Mokwa.

Christian's father was taking him to the hospital at approximately 6:30 a.m. on June 11, 2003. He stopped to use a pay phone on the corner of Page & Skinker. Someone took off with the vehicle, Christian was in the back seat. The vehicle was located about 8 miles away from where it was taken but the child's whereabouts remain unknown. He was last seen wearing only a diaper and was wrapped in a multicolored blanket. The child has a severe medical condition which requires daily medication that is not with him.

Reminds me of the tune Susan Smith tried to sing, when trying to cover up the fact that she had murdered her kids by dumping her car and them in that watery grave back in SC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back