733 users online (82 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WI - Jean Viken, 38, Holway, 29 January 2008

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/15052256.html

30 Jan 08

The Taylor County Sheriff's Department is asking for your help in finding a missing woman.

Investigators say 38-year-old Jean A. Viken was last seen around 4:30 Tuesday afternoon at her home on Elm Avenue in the Town of Holway.

Deputies say Viken didn't show up to work Wednesday. Investigators tell us they don't think foul play is involved at this point.

Investigators are also trying to locate Viken's vehicle either a tan or pewter colored 2004 Chevrolet Venture van similar with license plate 855HDH

If you have any information on her whereabouts you're asked to call the Taylor County Sheriff's Department at 715-748-2200.

With the extremely cold weather and icy roads she may have gone off the road and is in a ditch somewhere. I hope they find her soon.

Foul Play

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/app.../80207067/1981

7 Feb 08

Taylor County Sheriff's Department is suspecting foul play in the disappearance of Jean A. Viken, 38, of the town of Holway.

Her van was found around 9 p.m. Wednesday in Ashland County near its border with Sawyer County. The van was taken to the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory in Wausau for forensic analysis.

Viken was reported missing on Jan. 30 after she didn't report to work. She had last been seen at her home on Elm Avenue at about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 29.

Authorities are continuing to request public assistance in locating Viken. Anyone who has seen her, or believes they know her whereabouts, can contact the department at 715-748-2200 ext. 1, or through the confidential tipster line at 866-892-7463.

No Word

This women was married, filed for divorce in September of 2007, has 4 small children, has not been seen since January 29th and there is absolutely nothing on the local tv or radio stations about this.

How can we get this out there?

Last edited by RPPaolin; 02-08-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: addition

I wonder if they are starting to look at anyone for this disappearance. Her van is found in the woods and she is nowhere to be found. I wonder what evidence they have such as footprints in the area, another car tire tracks, what?! Man, I just wish they would put something out there. Hopefully once they go over her van they will have some possible answers and let us in on it.

Another article

"Jean Vikenís son turned five Tuesday without his mother there to tie his shoes or help him blow out the candles on his cake.
    Jean Vikenís seven-year-old and twin three-year-old daughters donít have their mother there to check over homework or tuck them in at night".

http://www.centralwinews.com/starnews/news2.html

From another forum

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Freecy...WI/message/839

I thought this information might be a little telling about the situation. There was food left cooking on the stove, her phone, purse, ect.. was still there. Just her and her van missing. A nasty divorce? Husband has a girlfriend and moved in with the girlfriend shortly after the divorce was filed. All this information is coming from a friend of Jean's. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the updates, RPPaolin.

I just can't imagine what could havehappened.

Hoping for good news soon.

I feel so bad for this family waiting, waiting, and waiting some more! =( Those poor children need their mom and no one has any answers for them. It has been so long now and the weather has not been condusive to staying out in the woods without shelter. I fear the worse and hope for a different outcome.

Prayer Service Held

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/15906762.html

LE suspects foul play. They are asking for help from the public.

Bumping for Jean and her kids. Hope she comes home safe.

No new information. Bumping for Jean.

Taylor County Woman's Disappearance Still A Mystery

Three months after a Taylor County woman disappeared, the sheriff tells us they still suspect foul play and are following up on every lead.

Jean Viken disappeared January 29, 2008. The Taylor County Sheriff's Department says investigators found her van in the the Chequamegan National Forest in Ashland County and says it had the license plate removed.

Taylor County Sheriff Bruce Daniels says he has seen some results from evidence taken to the crime lab, but wouldn't say if that has helped determine what happened to 38-year-old mother of 4.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/17410569.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast