Thread: Mini-Horses Attacked in their Lubbock Stable, 1 Killed

Mini-Horses Attacked in their Lubbock Stable, 1 Killed

Hearts & Hooves" Mini-Horses Attacked in their Lubbock Stable, 1 Killed

Jan 31, 2008 12:51 PM CST
    Hearts & Hooves of Lubbock brings miniature horses indoors to people who need therapeutic healing. But now, these beautiful little creatures need help and healing of their own.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/Story.asp?S=7803393

This makes me so FURIOUS...damn those dogs

Thumbs down

I'm very upset by this story.

I know people that have these dogs have no sense letting them run free.

This is awful. It says 'dog' or 'dogs' I wonder why they can't be more specific? Those poor things would have been so scared, amazing that they believe the males protected the female.

Jubie

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    I know people that have these dogs have no sense letting them run free.
    I can't see where it says the dog or dogs have been identified, have they?

TIA
    Jubie

They just said on the news it was two. Those poor babies they really did a number on them. I am sure the dogs are the same size as those little horses. They did not stand a chance against them. I did not see all the news. I will watch again at 6PM and see if they know who owns the rotten creatures.

They just said on the news it was two. Those poor babies they really did a number on them. I am sure the dogs are the same size as those little horses. They did not stand a chance against them. I did not see all the news. I will watch again at 6PM and see if they know who owns the rotten creatures.
    Oh yes, I am sure the dogs were. I had two mini horses and they were so tiny. The trash can was larger than the horses.
    I really miss them. I feel so guilty for leaving them. I never dreamed my ex would shoot them.

I wonder if one of the dogs is a pit bull that was on the news a couple of weeks ago. It had already attacked several dogs in a trailer park neighborhood and a lady out there did an interview hoping to get something done about the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    Oh yes, I am sure the dogs were. I had two mini horses and they were so tiny. The trash can was larger than the horses.
    I really miss them. I feel so guilty for leaving them. I never dreamed my ex would shoot them.
    You can't be serious. You had no way of knowing he'd do that I'm sure. How mean

Quote Originally Posted by jubie View Post
    You can't be serious. You had no way of knowing he'd do that I'm sure. How mean
    No, I didn't have any idea that would happen..but I still feel guilty and sad...very sad.

deanws i am so sorry he did that to you and your babies. The dogs were able to be identified because one of them was chipped. They were still there when animal control arrived. They had them trapped. The owner surrendered them to be put down. A little to late.

deanws i am so sorry he did that to you and your babies. The dogs were able to be identified because one of them was chipped. They were still there when animal control arrived. They had them trapped. The owner surrendered them to be put down. A little to late.
    I feel bad for the dogs too. I love animals. I think the whole situation is very sad.

((((( Pam )))))

Quote Originally Posted by Ticamom View Post
    ((((( Pam )))))
    Thanks.

This same thing happened in TN a couple of years ago. I there was a few horses killed by dogs, they were show horses (Mini) Worth alot of money. The owners of the horses were suing the owners of the dogs last I heard.

I don't know if it could have been the same dogs, but there's a rash of pitbull attacks around Lubbock. Now it's being reported that some goats have been killed by dogs.