Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/01/cdi_executive_missing.aspx

Some two to three dozen officers are searching for John W. Glasgow, CFO and vice president of CDI Inc., on Petit Jean Mountain. Glasgow, 45, was reported missing to Little Rock police Tuesday.

Glasgow's Volvo was found parked, unlocked, at Mather Lodge. His laptop was in the back seat, Conway County sheriff's office spokesman Sonny Stover says. Stover said State Parks rangers are leading the search, assisted by Conway deputies and Franklin County emergency personnel.

Glasgow's wife, Melinda, who reported her husband missing, told police a .22 rifle was missing from their Little Rock home.

Stover said the search, concentrated around the lodge and trails in the State Park, will continue until dark. It's raining and sleeting on the mountain.

Statement from William Clark, Chairman and CEO of CDI Contractors, LCC.

“As reported in the media, John Glasgow, our chief financial officer, has been missing since Monday. John has been a trusted member of the CDI family for more than 17 years and our CFO for more than 12. We have been and will continue to assist law enforcement in their search for John. We remain hopeful he will be safely located.

In his absence, his duties have been carried out by other members of our accounting department, and I am taking an active role overseeing the effort. All of us at CDI continue to pray for his safe return and for his wife, Melinda. We also extend our sincere gratitude to the many state and local agencies, law enforcement officials and volunteers for their continued help in locating John.”

From http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=102735.62508.114877

He left "a bank account number and the code to their personal safe on a pad of paper and left it on the table along with some checks to be mailed," according to the officer's report.

and

According to the police report, Melinda Glasgow said her husband was "stressed over events occurring at work" but "never made any statements about harming himself." She also told police that a .22 rifle was missing from the residence.

But John Glasgow's brother, Little Rock lawyer Roger Glasgow, told ArkansasBusiness.com that the single-shot rifle was a family heirloom, rarely used, and might simply have been moved to a different storage area.

"We don't know whether he took the rifle," Roger Glasgow said. "It was one of the things that went into our thoughts about putting out a missing persons report, but that's not all that meaningful to us."

Roger Glasgow said that leaving checks to be mailed didn't seem out of character for his brother, a certified public accountant, but leaving his laptop computer in his unlocked car did.

more at link

pic
john_glascow.jpg

Leaving important numbers and info behind before he left is very telling. Either he was expecting to disappear, kill himself, or run into trouble. I'm thinking one of the first 2.

As an employee of CDI, our fellow employees are very concerned about John's disappearance. If there's anything we can do from our end, even though we are states away, please let us know.

I see where Nancy Grace has mentioned his disappearance last night on her show and she will be mentioning him again this evening.

Our thoughts and prayers are with John's wife and family.

There are alot of unanswered questions here. I certainly hope LE is looking for fingerprints at the home, in the car, and any evidence of kidnapping.

This gentleman was an employee (a VP no less) in Accounting.
An audit and employee questioning and interviewing is crucial at this time.

Leaving notes with financial matters for home says nothing to me. Other than the fact he may have had worries and concerns regarding work.

On Nancy Grace you can see the family members of John. This was a well loved guy. I hope they get some answers!!

This case is very reminiscent of the Ray Gricar case on the east coast that went missing and was never found. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39539&page=9&highlight=ray+gricar

Reading that he left a bank account number and the code to a safe, my first impression is suicide. I am glad they found the rifle, but it doesn't mean he would not have access to other weapons. I think there is more to this man's personal or professional life we are not hearing yet.

http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/lo...other-of-missing-man-spreading-word-ab-78.php

6 Feb 08

Gary Glasgow of El Dorado, the older brother of a man missing in the Petit Jean State Park since Jan. 28, said family and friends have continued searching for him and are spreading the word about his disappearance in hopes that new information will surface.

John W. Glasgow, 45, vice president and chief financial officer of CDI Contractors of Little Rock, was reported missing Jan. 28 by his wife, Melinda, after his co-workers contacted her to find out why he didn’t show up for work.

“He left his house around 5:15 last Monday morning, and it was probably 2:30 in the afternoon when people at work called his wife to find out why he hadn’t shown up for work. She thought he’d left home early to go to work, so that was really the first that anyone realized that there was something amiss,” said Gary Glasgow.

John Glasgow’s car was found the following day in the Mather Lodge parking lot on Petit Jean Mountain south of Morrilton.

“There are some unusual things about it,”...

more at link

Has anyone read the link above in total? It would only let me read a portion of it.

If you have, would you be so kind as to post it here, or at least a synopsis of what was said?

FYI a $5000 reward in any information leading to the discovery of John has been posted on the families web site.

Has anyone read the link above in total? It would only let me read a portion of it.

If you have, would you be so kind as to post it here, or at least a synopsis of what was said?

FYI a $5000 reward in any information leading to the discovery of John has been posted on the families web site.

I did not try to read the entire article. Perhaps bugmenot.com would have a user ID and password for the site.

Hoppy

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/02/glasgow_case_new_details.aspx

13 Feb 08

With the family of missing CDI Contractors chief financial officer John Glasgow looking on, Little Rock attorney Chip Welch addressed the media at Allsopp Park today, saying that the family now believes that "evidence points away from the mountain." He referred to Petit Jean, where Glasgow's car was found Jan. 29 and which has been searched extensively without turning up a trace of him.

Among the news from the event:

The reward for Glasgow has been increased to $70,000 -- $50,000 from the family, and and additional $20,000 from letsbringthemhome.org

Glasgow's Volvo has been forensically examined, and found to contain what Welch categorized as "no fingerprints," indicating that it may have been wiped down before being parked on Petit Jean.

Trained search dogs found no trace of Glasgow's scent leading away from his parked car, or anywhere else on the mountain.
In addition to Glasgow's cell phone and laptop computer, his bank card was found in the car. His wallet and car keys have not been found.

A park ranger at Mather Lodge on Petit Jean told police that Glasgow's car appeared in the parking lot there between noon and 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. He'd last been seen leaving his home before 6 a.m. the day before, Monday, Jan. 28.

Welch said that while Glasgow had left a bank account number and the combination to a safe on a notepad at his home -- which some have taken as a suggestion that Glasgow was preparing to end it all -- he added that the numbers were found written several sheets from the top sheet of a pad of paper, and there is no way of knowing when they were written.

He reiterated, in response to a question, that there was no indication of any financial irregularities at CDI, one of the state's largest construction companies, a venture owned in equal parts by the Dillard Department Store family and the family of the late William Clark. A deal reportedly was nearing completion for purchase of Clark's share of the company by his son and investors including Glasgow.

more at link

http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/lo...w-information-arises-in-connection-wit-91.php

1 March 08

A missing Little Rock businessman with local ties was having a stressful financial relationship with Dillard’s Inc., before he vanished, according to one publication.

Arkansas Business reported late this week that John Glasgow “was under tremendous stress in the days before CDI’s chief financial officer disappeared on Jan. 28,” the publication wrote on its website Thursday.

Glasgow at the time was chief financial officer of CDI Contractors LLC in Little Rock, which is half-owned by Dillard’s Inc. Glasgow has not been seen since Jan. 28, although his car was found near Mather Lodge at Petit Jean State Park. He was 45 at the time. Glasgow’s brother, Gary, lives in El Dorado.

There is a $70,000 reward by the family and “Let’s Bring Them Home,” based in Springdale. A massive search and rescue effort in the state park failed to find Glasgow.

more at link

John Glasgow Missing Web Site, including links to Television Special, Magazine Feature, other media links
http://www.findjohnglasgow.com/
John was last seen leaving his Little Rock, AR home Monday morning around 5:30 am, January 28, 2008.
A cell phone ping later that day indicated that he was in the vicinity of Petit Jean Mountain.
His car was found unlocked the next day at the Mather lodge on Petit Jean with valuables still inside.

Websleuths Thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59600&highlight=glasgow

I just read about this story and it is interesting to say the least.While researching the story i came upon the story of John within a article that is very interesting. It seems as though he was stressed about his job. Also the part about the embezzlement that he recovered. Could it be the man was mad at John and wanted to get back at him. Also the safe number on the paper,why did he write it down if Melinda already had it. Really interesting story. I cant find any updates about him though short of Oct. on the families website for him. The link below really tells alot about John and his story.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=103412.48591.115557&view=all

I don't see any recent updates either. His family has a website up:

http://www.findjohnglasgow.com/news.shtml

That link does not take you to the homepage but to the news section of their site. I haven't had time to read yet. Just wanted to go ahead and share.

The family has teamed with Let's Bring them Home and is offering a $100,000 reward in this unsolved case. This case is extremely similar to the case of missing DA Ray Gricar of Centre County, PA IMO. His car was found abandoned some distance from his home too...and that's where the investigation centered.

http://findjohnglasgow.com/news.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back