1130 users online (243 members and 887 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Book deal signed

If you all know about this I will delete...just got another message:

Joe Hosey from the Sun Times just signed a book deal for the Stacy Peterson Story.. He got a huge advance for it.

Are you saying that he will be writing the book regarding her life story as well as the disappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by thesleuther View Post
    Are you saying that he will be writing the book regarding her life story as well as the disappearance?

I'm sorry...that's all the email said...I will try to get more info and post as I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I'm sorry...that's all the email said...I will try to get more info and post as I find out.

Thank you, that's very interesting. I wonder if the family will be cooperating...it seems a little early, but maybe the publisher sees a trial down the road and wants a book to come out simultaneously thinking it would increase interest and consequently sales.

Right..the book deal secures their right to the story..whenever they want Joe to write that story.

I think that is great..he will do a good job on it and it will provide a breath of fresh air concerning anything that Drew may come up with media wise through his agents.

However doesn't stop others from doing the same thing with a different publisher.

Stacy's story is worthy of a book. I hope Joe digs deep and finds even more information about her disappearance, her mother's disappearance, and Kathleen's murder. He has probably been privy to a lot of info he cannot release yet. It will be very interesting.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by thesleuther View Post

I asked your exact question, response was:

the whole thing including kathy

This is great news!
    Thank you Christine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    I asked your exact question, response was:

the whole thing including kathy

Very interesting.......thanks!

As long as this book has the family's sanction then I am glad. Not only will it be more balanced, but if timed correctly it should take some of the wind out of DrewP's book or whatever he has in the works.

I hope Stacy is found and and charges are filed before the book is published.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Joe Hosey, other than a writer?

Has he written other books??

Books are going to be written with or without the family's "sanction". This case screams for writers to come in and tell so many stories from so many different perspectives.

I don't care who Joe is as long as he writes a book that is factual and not slanted one way or the other. This will be a difficult task.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

SS:

I agree, but assume you don't know who Joe Hosey is either?

I am asking that question to see if he has ever written a book that was factual, or if he is a writer that uses sensationalism to sell his books??

Joe Hosey from the Sun Times just signed a book deal for the Stacy Peterson Story.. He got a huge advance for it.
    It would help to have sources for this information regarding a book deal.

I have found this from a Phil Rosenthal column in the Chicago Tribune:

"Book it: Joe Hosey of Sun-Times Media Group's Joliet Herald News has parlayed his coverage of Drew Peterson into a book deal with Penguin's New American Library imprint. It's due out in July.

Publishers Weekly has pegged the the value of Hosey's deal at six figures.

With Sun-Times Media looking for new revenue streams, it might want to do its own book on the Peterson case, even if only online. Of course, that would have Hosey competing with his own material."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast