Book deal signed

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
If you all know about this I will delete...just got another message:

Joe Hosey from the Sun Times just signed a book deal for the Stacy Peterson Story.. He got a huge advance for it.

Are you saying that he will be writing the book regarding her life story as well as the disappearance?

Are you saying that he will be writing the book regarding her life story as well as the disappearance?

I'm sorry...that's all the email said...I will try to get more info and post as I find out.

I'm sorry...that's all the email said...I will try to get more info and post as I find out.

Thank you, that's very interesting. I wonder if the family will be cooperating...it seems a little early, but maybe the publisher sees a trial down the road and wants a book to come out simultaneously thinking it would increase interest and consequently sales.

Right..the book deal secures their right to the story..whenever they want Joe to write that story.

I think that is great..he will do a good job on it and it will provide a breath of fresh air concerning anything that Drew may come up with media wise through his agents.

However doesn't stop others from doing the same thing with a different publisher.

Stacy's story is worthy of a book. I hope Joe digs deep and finds even more information about her disappearance, her mother's disappearance, and Kathleen's murder. He has probably been privy to a lot of info he cannot release yet. It will be very interesting.

This is great news!
Thank you Christine!!!!

As long as this book has the family's sanction then I am glad. Not only will it be more balanced, but if timed correctly it should take some of the wind out of DrewP's book or whatever he has in the works.

I hope Stacy is found and and charges are filed before the book is published.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Joe Hosey, other than a writer?

Has he written other books??

Books are going to be written with or without the family's "sanction". This case screams for writers to come in and tell so many stories from so many different perspectives.

I don't care who Joe is as long as he writes a book that is factual and not slanted one way or the other. This will be a difficult task.

SS:

I agree, but assume you don't know who Joe Hosey is either?

I am asking that question to see if he has ever written a book that was factual, or if he is a writer that uses sensationalism to sell his books??

Joe Hosey from the Sun Times just signed a book deal for the Stacy Peterson Story.. He got a huge advance for it.

It would help to have sources for this information regarding a book deal.

I have found this from a Phil Rosenthal column in the Chicago Tribune:

"Book it: Joe Hosey of Sun-Times Media Group's Joliet Herald News has parlayed his coverage of Drew Peterson into a book deal with Penguin's New American Library imprint. It's due out in July.

Publishers Weekly has pegged the the value of Hosey's deal at six figures.

With Sun-Times Media looking for new revenue streams, it might want to do its own book on the Peterson case, even if only online. Of course, that would have Hosey competing with his own material."

What does Joe Hosey have that we don't???

I can't imagine he has any more information that we do, heck we might even have more than the LE, ISP, etc.

I have always been leery and anti anyone that wants to sell a book, movie, etc. BEFORE all the facts are in on a case/situation, etc.

Smacks too much of "I want money"..................and never mind if what they write/say is not the whole truth, as long as it sells.

I know, I know, it's called life. Doesn't mean I have to endorse it, which I don't.

stomping........

Being a newspaper reporter Hosey has experience and practice of being unemotionally involved. And most newspaper reporters don't sensationalize. Due to printing costs and space issues, they often learn things they don't print. Being from the area he will have inside info on the background, history and local trivia that anyone else coming in to write book won't have. He most likely has a background with many of the principals involved in this case and investigation. Most True Crime books by newspaper reporters are good and balanced because that is how they have to write for the newspaper. They are also pretty factual.

Someone will write this book, and my guess is that any local reporter if he is any kind of writer would be a good choice for the book.

Being a newspaper reporter Hosey has experience and practice of being unemotionally involved. And most newspaper reporters don't sensationalize. Due to printing costs and space issues, they often learn things they don't print. Being from the area he will have inside info on the background, history and local trivia that anyone else coming in to write book won't have. He most likely has a background with many of the principals involved in this case and investigation. Most True Crime books by newspaper reporters are good and balanced because that is how they have to write for the newspaper. They are also pretty factual.

Someone will write this book, and my guess is that any local reporter if he is any kind of writer would be a good choice for the book.
I have to agree with everything you have said. Newspaper reporters are probably the least biased today. They have connections and are privy to information even the major television media cannot possibly get to because they have built a repoire with people and are trusted not to print things told to them "off the record". I have no doubt this book will contain MANY things we have no knowledge of, but are factual.

I have no problem with someone penning or publishing a book before the case is resolved. There have been many times where a journalist has been able to piece together enough to help LE solve a case and I would be delighted if this turned out to be one of those times!

Thank you Mysterview and SS for the information!

From what you have both said, Joe Hosey appears to be a writer that is unbiased.

I'm still against anyone writing a book before the end, but then again, I am not a "seasoned" sleuther and don't know how often this has been done before.

Out of curiousity, is there a link where this has happened? And even more so, a link from SS where it did happen and LE was able to solve the case and apprehend the culprit? You can pm me the information if you don't think it belongs here.

Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back