1341 users online (297 members and 1044 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO - Man Attacks Hiking Couple With Bat

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...79/detail.html

31 Jan 08

The Boulder County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an assault that occurred on a trail near the mouth of Boulder Canyon around 3:45 p.m. on Sunday.

A man and his wife were hiking along the trail south and west of the Silver Saddle Motel when they came across another man walking down the trail in the opposite direction.

As the couple walked past, the man began screaming at them and struck the other man repeatedly with a club, knocking him to the ground.

The assailant also fell during the altercation and lost control of the club. The woman retrieved it and struck him twice in the head with his own weapon.

The blows were enough for the attacker, and he fled the area and was last seen crossing at Canyon Boulevard and hiking north towards Red Rocks Trail near Settler’s Park.

The couple sought treatment for the man’s injuries at Boulder Community Hospital. He was treated and released with minor injuries.

The attacker was described as a white man with an olive complexion, approximately 24-28 years of age, approximately 6 feet tall, and weighing approximately 190 pounds.

He had an unkempt curly black beard worn in a goatee style. He was dressed in cargo pants, an olive-colored polar fleece jacket, and a knit cap with a flat top and a brim.

more at link

composite drawing

Sounds like a Gary Hilton in-training. I'm glad the woman fought back like she did! Hooray for her!

Another schitzophrenic (sp) on the loose to prey upon the innocent, but those tax cuts for the rich are being well spent on foreign investments.

Yep, quite a country we have become.

Hooray someone was able to fight back & won!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    Hooray someone was able to fight back & won!!!!!
    happens all the time, it just doesn't make the daily news like tragedy's do....

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Sounds like a Gary Hilton in-training. I'm glad the woman fought back like she did! Hooray for her!
    i thought the very same thing, when i read this....

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

Is that is son?

About 2 years ago, I walked a park trail daily. It was not only good for me physically but mentally as well...any how this creep started exposing himself to women. It was random and he especially loved to frighten women who walked alone. Some of the park rangers called a meeting and suggested that walkers us the buddy system and carry either pepper spray or a stun gun.
    The flasher pulled his little stunt on the wrong woman and she stun gunned his whosewhatzit.
    He was in a lot of pain and was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    About 2 years ago, I walked a park trail daily. It was not only good for me physically but mentally as well...any how this creep started exposing himself to women. It was random and he especially loved to frighten women who walked alone. Some of the park rangers called a meeting and suggested that walkers us the buddy system and carry either pepper spray or a stun gun.
    The flasher pulled his little stunt on the wrong woman and she stun gunned his whosewhatzit.
    He was in a lot of pain and was arrested.

LOL! I bet he won't do that again or will he? Those types never seem to learn.