GUILTY LA - Belinda Wells, 24, charged in murder of newborn, New Sarpy, Jan 2008

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm theorizing since the baby was already wrapped in bloody sheets, that it was left there to implicate the dog.

The mutilated body of a newborn baby, with the umbilical cord still attached, was found by a St. Charles Parish man who had gone into his yard to feed his dog.
The body was found Thursday just within reach of the chained animal but it was unclear whether the dog had anything to do with the baby's death or the mutilation of the body.
The lower part of the body was missing. The body was wrapped in bloody white sheets or towels and was found just outside the gate of the kennel, Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Pat Yoes said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327646,00.html

wow not what you want to read first thing in the morning! I hope the find the mother!

wow not what you want to read first thing in the morning! I hope the find the mother!
The article stated that they fear she needs medical attention. I hope she gets an infection and dies if she killed her baby.
:behindbar

There's no doubt a human did this. Another unwanted pregnancy disposed of- and trying to implicate a dog of all things. Dogs are known to take on human young.
I wonder who the mother was, if she had hidden her pregnancy or told people she miscarried. In any case, being they found it outside of the gate near the kennel shows premeditation. A dog cannot wrap a baby in sheets and towels, and if were dragged there by a wild animal, the sheets and towels would have fallen off the corpse.

Poor baby, why can't they just give these little babes up for adoption?:confused:

The mother of the baby whose mutilated body was found behind a New Sarpy house was arrested Friday in New Orleans and will be booked with first-degree murder by the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office.
Belinda Wells, 24, a resident of the home in the 700 block of E. Hoover Street where the baby was found, was arrested in the 7th Ward of New Orleans. Police are still looking for Wells' boyfriend, Timothy Dennis, 32, for questioning.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/02/sheriff_babys_mother_lived_in.html

It took them this long to find out the woman lived there?! What am I missing here?

And her boyfriend is the one who found the body.

:( So many babies hurt and killed. I will never understand it.

Poor baby, why can't they just give these little babes up for adoption?:confused:

I don't know, I just don't know. How is it possible for someone to think it is better to do this to an innocent baby, rather than to give this child to someone who would love and care for it. This has got to stop.

I don't know what to say. :(
May the little angel rest in peace.

Well, the boyfriend is not going to be charged. They still haven't located the lower half of the baby. :eek:

"A New Sarpy man who was questioned in connection with the death of a newborn baby has been released without charges, a St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman said."

"It still is unclear how the baby's legs were severed. The lower portion of the baby's body has not been recovered,...."

"Midnight, an underweight black, mixed-breed Labrador retriever, is still being held at the St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter pending an evaluation of the case, Yoes said."

This case is sad on so many levels.... just when you think you can't be any more disgusted or horrified by humanity.

http://tinyurl.com/29rzyz

That's horrible. I don't know how anyone would ever get the image of that baby out of their mind.

So the lab dug it up? I would believe this-they have great noses. I had a fenced in yard at a new house, and couldn't understand why my well fed well loved lovely doggie was digging to Australia...way under the sod and loam, he would bring up mcDonalds bags, soda cups, cigarette butts as If I was living on a landfill. The workers would just toss their trash and then covered it over with the landscaping, lol!!!

I am waiting for this to sort itself out...what a disgusting mess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back