IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

According to that article, it doesn't sound good. They brought out empty stretchers from the store. :(

Lane Bryant is a store for older, slightly larger women...isn't it? This would be the last place I would expect something like this to happen unless it is a domestic situation or an armed robbery.

It is live on Fox right now.

omg! What is going on in our world? :(
SS,
Lane Bryant caters to women who wear a size 14 and up. They have styles for both the younger and older set.

Report: 4 dead in Illinois shooting

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/report-4-dead-i.html
At least four people have been killed at an Illinois strip mall, according to the Chicago Tribune. The shooting reportedly took place just before noon at a shopping center south of Interstate 80 in Tinley Park, a suburb of Chicago.
Although the death toll is currently being reported at four, the Chicago Sun-Times reports as many as five people may have been hit in the shooting, which occurred at a Lane Bryant clothing store.

(sigh) I feel so sorry for their families.

I take it they haven't found the shooter yet?

OMG that is the Lane Bryant where my mom shops all the time! Saturday is usually her 'professional' shopping day...Thank the good lord that she is home bound cuz she has my nephew this weekend and my sis forgot to leave a car seat!

I am gonna give my sister the biggest Kiss right smack on the lips when she gets back from SC. Cuz if she had remembered to leave a seat, my mom and my nephew very well could have been in that store! It is on her usual places to visit!

That's good news, gidget. I'm so thankful she is at home.

Those poor people. :(

I had a thought to post that story here, but I kinda knew it'd be up here already. My first thought? Not a robbery, but a domestic situation, where the killer went in because an ex worked there or was shopping and took out everyone else, too.

Steve

This is my hometown. I live a few blocks from there. They recently built a strip mall right off of the main expressway I-80 which I believe is bringing some sketchy people around here. It's so close to the expressway, he probably was on it in a few minutes and out towards either Indiana or west towards Joliet.

Since this is store-specific, could it be an ex-employee or family/friend of an employee there?

ETA: Since they are looking for a man, I'd have to go with family/friend of someone that worked there. I doubt he would have been an ex-employee of Lane Bryant. :(

I don't know what this world has come to. Really I don't.

That's what I was thinking too, Taximom. I mean a man just doesn't randomly walk into Lane Bryant. I don't know what to think...I shop at that mall all the time.

NBC5 has updated the story. Sadly all five shooting victims have been confirmed dead.

Yeah, robbery gone bad doesn't make much sense here. The type of store is wrong. The scary thing is how he's still at large.

I am reading on MSNBC they are looking for a black man, up to 240 lbs.

It is a strip center; I have a female cousin and pregnant friend living in Chicago, but they are not Southwest.

This could have been a domestic problem, a robbery or another crazy person, who knows. Just awful.

Police not saying whether it is workers or shoppers; I suspect with that many casualties that some were shoppers.

I'm afraid to go shopping anymore.

>snip

"No motive has been established," Grady said. "Every store was immediately canvassed and a search by air too has given us every indication that the offender has left the scene." <snip

Random shooting at Lane Bryant, strange...I was sure robbery would be the motive. Those poor women.
:mad:

This is just sickening.

What is the world coming to, indeed.

We had a random shooting at a mall not too long ago--the guy just came in off the street and shot a woman he didn't even know, a store employee opening up the store. Shot by police later.

I can't even imagine the shock for the families.

OMG that is the Lane Bryant where my mom shops all the time! Saturday is usually her 'professional' shopping day...Thank the good lord that she is home bound cuz she has my nephew this weekend and my sis forgot to leave a car seat!

I am gonna give my sister the biggest Kiss right smack on the lips when she gets back from SC. Cuz if she had remembered to leave a seat, my mom and my nephew very well could have been in that store! It is on her usual places to visit!

She must always now shop online.

we all have to really. don't we?

we are the ones in prison, i think. :behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member