Suspect Drew Peterson #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the reason the searches of your own IPs show odd places is that what is being shown is the location of your provider. Your provider could be in the same town, many towns away, or even far, far away. The one showing up in this case is Westmont; the ISP is Ameritech. There must be a local office there.

Thanks Chico!

Robthomaseyes...............yes, I think you're right. If Ameritech has an office in the area and serves a wide geographic area, it probably only goes to the ISP office.

Couldn't they then go to Ameritech and find out who you were and your current phone number, etc?

I have often wondered if Steve, Drew's son, has transferred the money from Drew to Brodsky? If Brodsky is working pro bono then what is he living off of all this time? I don't think that he was such a bigtime lawyer that he could do this for pro bono. He doesn't work for some big firm that would be paying him a salary while this case continues. Thoughts anyone?

I have often wondered if Steve, Drew's son, has transferred the money from Drew to Brodsky? If Brodsky is working pro bono then what is he living off of all this time? I don't think that he was such a bigtime lawyer that he could do this for pro bono. He doesn't work for some big firm that would be paying him a salary while this case continues. Thoughts anyone?

I doubt that the money went to Brodsky. Drew thinks of Drew first. He is confident that money is safe for himself with Steve. Brodsky undoubtedly feels that the publicity will get him more cases and he's probably right.

But then what is he living off of..he needs money just like all of us to live and if this is pro bono it is also costing him money..and I don't see JAB as an attorney with a lot of extra money on hand to draw from. So how is JAB paying himself and all the expenses in this case? JMHO

TG, you win the award for the strangest IP location!

Actually, the reason the searches of your own IPs show odd places is that what is being shown is the location of your provider. Your provider could be in the same town, many towns away, or even far, far away. The one showing up in this case is Westmont; the ISP is Ameritech. There must be a local office there.

Mine points directly to a dilapidated home! lol I guess my point is that if they are this incorrect, they shouldn't be providing satellite maps with that detail.

SNIP I don't see JAB as an attorney with a lot of extra money on hand to draw from. JMHO

Delta, how could you possibly know this?

I don't know how he lives, but it is really immaterial. You have no idea of his financial status, nor do I. But, there is no way that Drew funneled money to his son Steve so that he could funnel it to Brodsky. This makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently Brodsky volunteered to take Drew's case so to assume anything beyond his ability to do it is just speculation on something that we have absolutely no knowledge.

I thought we learned of JAB's financial status (at one point anyway) with legal documents late last year...it's around here somewhere.

Not that it really matters to this case though.

I don't think for a minute that Brodsky is working pro bono.

The money given to Steve isn't for Attorney fees, imo. I think at the time he gave it to him, he thought they were going to arrest him soon because it did seem that way. He would then need bail money etc. (Rest assured the money was to be used for Drew and not his children! He just isn't that type of person.)

I don't think JAB is working for free. But I think he did take a greatly reduced fee for his services in exchange for his services. I think at the time he made the deal, he was seeing visions of "greatness" and "publicity." IMO he most likely thought this would make his career. IMO I don't think he realized that this case would reveal his weaknesses (knowledge of how to conduct a criminal defense) and flaws (his character) as it has. And the funny thing is that when/if DrewP gets charged, he will probably drop JAB like a hot potato.
Of course if that happens, I believe we may see a book out of old JAB. I won't read it, but I think he will write it. And most likely it will contain some info that was probably protected by attorney-client privilege.

My future predictions for Brosky are that he will be brought up to the Illinois Bar and he will either be disbarred or he will have hell to pay.

I think DP will keep him in trial because he can use him on appeal without a doubt for ineffective counsel!

Delta, how could you possibly know this?

I don't know how he lives, but it is really immaterial. You have no idea of his financial status, nor do I. But, there is no way that Drew funneled money to his son Steve so that he could funnel it to Brodsky. This makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently Brodsky volunteered to take Drew's case so to assume anything beyond his ability to do it is just speculation on something that we have absolutely no knowledge.

I think my question was legit because Brodsky is not a big time lawyer working for a big time fIrm.. Therefore even though we are supposed to believe, because he answered Drew's appeal for pro bono coverage on the Today Show, this is pro bono I do not see how it is. If Drew hadn't made that appeal on National TV and Brodsky hadn't made a big deal about this is how he hooked up with Drew..then it wouldn't be our business. But let's face it once you put yourself out there ..which they both did..on the topic of free legal counsel..then spepecualtion is about to occur.

That's what this whole case is //speculation. So to say I shouldn't speculate on how Brodsky can afford to represent Drew for nada $ is the same to me as telling someone they can't speculate on any other part of the case. Face it..Brodsky is no big time high paid lawyer that can float this operation. Which may be why they brought the other attorney Carroll into the scheme of things. But I do feel any part of this case, and any players in this case are open to our speculation. Who is paying for Drew's attorney is to me crucial..especially if it isn't Drew. If not Drew then whomever it is has a stake in this ..that is my other point. Regardless of what anyone says I do not feel Brodsky ever was or is now at a point in his career where he has enough money to fund a case like this. JMHO

I agree...Brodsky does not have the ability to take this case without pay. I would not ever hire him based on what I have seen..so we better hope he is getting something out of this.

DD, your question is a valid one but only one we can speculate about at this time I suppose. My suggestion would be that Brodsky is handling other cases that he is being paid for. I think it's possible he's doing it pro bono for now anyway. Once charges are filed then that could very well change because a lot more time and expense would be required in representing Drew.

If you think about it Brodsky most likely isn't spending 8 to 10 hours a day dedicated to Drew. He has appeared in court and filed motions only on the property. That's the only thing that comes to mind right now. He wasn't even the lawyer that appeared at the grand jury with Drew. He has made himself available for many media interviews though. Any good lawyer would never do that. We know why this one is so I seriously doubt he is being paid. Wonder how that would work if Drew wanted to sue him. He can't because he wasn't paid?

Today's Topic: Where will Stacy be seen today?

She has been seen in Kentucky, Peoria, and Thailand. So everybody get out your world maps, throw a dart and guess where she will be seen next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth