Is there a reason...

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
...JonBenet started Kindergarten in '96 instead of '95? Just asking, b/c my own daughter was born about a month later,same yr-1990,and she started K in late Aug.,'95,(although she was actually only 4 yrs old for the first few days),and she was already in 1st grade at the same time JB was just starting Kindergarten.
So with JB being already 5 yrs old in '95,couldn't she have started school then? Or is that just the way the school system runs in Co.? It seems like Patsy would have wanted her to start as soon as she could,so she could be done w. high school and would be free to be out on the pageant circuit sooner.(not that she wouldn't have wanted her to go to college).

...JonBenet started Kindergarten in '96 instead of '95? Just asking, b/c my own daughter was born about a month later,same yr-1990,and she started K in late Aug.,'95,(although she was actually only 4 yrs old for the first few days),and she was already in 1st grade at the same time JB was just starting Kindergarten.
So with JB being already 5 yrs old in '95,couldn't she have started school then? Or is that just the way the school system runs in Co.? It seems like Patsy would have wanted her to start as soon as she could,so she could be done w. high school and would be free to be out on the pageant circuit sooner.(not that she wouldn't have wanted her to go to college).

Different school systems have different cut-off dates for Kindergarten. Where I live, a child must be 5 years old by September 1st. Where DD lives, it's Oct. 1st. And some districts have Dec. 1st as a cut-off date.
Even then, some parents will hold a kid with a summer birthday (like JBR) back till the following year, though I doubt PR was the type to do that.
I could be wrong, but I though PR's Christmas newsletter that year mentioned JBR being in the First Grade.

ok thx,here's the newsletter;I guess it must have been a cutoff date issue:

JOHN AND PATSY RAMSEY 1996 CHRISTMAS NEWSLETTER
Dear Friends & Family,
It's been another busy year at the Ramsey household. Can't believe its almost over and time to start again!
Melinda (24) graduated from Medical College of Georgia and is working in Pediatric ICU at Kennestone Hospital in Atlanta. John Andrew (20) is a Sophomore at the University of Colorado.
Burke is a busy fourth grader where he really shines in math and spelling. He played flag football this fall and is currently on a basketball binge! His little league team was #1. He's lost just about all of his baby teeth, so I'm sure we'll be seeing the orthodontist in 1997!
JonBenet is enjoying her first year in 'real school.' Kindergarten in the Core Knowledge program is fast paced and five full days a week. She has already been moved ahead to first grade math. She continues to enjoy participating in talent and modeling pageants. She was named "America's Royale Tiny Miss" last summer and is Colorado's Little Miss Christmas. Her teacher says she is so outgoing that she will never have trouble delivering an oral book report!
John is always on the go travelling hither and yon. Access recently celebrated its one billion $$ mark in sales, so he's pretty happy! He and his crew were underway in the Port Huron to Mackinac Island yacht race in July, but had to pull out mid way due to lack of wind. (Can you believe that?) But, his real love is the new 'old looking' boat, Grand Season, which he spent months designing.
I spend most of my 'free time' working in the school and doing volunteer work. The Charlevoix house was on the home tour in July and will likely appear in one of the Better Homes & Gardens publications in 1997. On a recent trip to NYC, my friend and I appeared amid the throng of fans on the TODAY show. Al Roker & Bryant actually talked to us and we were on camera for a few fleeting moments!
We are all enjoying continued good health and look forward to seeing you in 1997! One final note ... thank you to all my 'friends' and my dear husband for surprising me with the biggest, most outrageous 40th birthday bash I've ever had! We'll be spending my actual birthday on the Disney Big Red Boat over the new year!
Merry Christmas and much love,
The Ramseys

JMO8778,
Most likely because she was being trained as a pageant princess, timeline her pageant titles and appearances and I think you will discover what took precedence.

Also the school JonBenet attended was private, with John's money JonBenet could have attended any private school prior to the age of 5.

Also what girl doing makeup, glamour photographs, trips to New York, eating out in fine restaurants, trying on new dresses and outfits weekly, would want to swap that for school, remember she would ask Patsy to buy her new things like gloves or hats, perhaps even underwear, but not size-12's I guess. Her dance and stage lessons cost more than hundred-dollars an hour, thats before the cost of bespoke costumes and dresses, transport and accomodation etc. So training JonBenet to be a pageant princess was serious , very serious!

My neighbor's decided to delay kindergarten for their daughter because she still had potty-training issues at age 5.
Could this have been an issue for JonBenet as well?

Moved up to First-Grade Math but yet the Ramseys stated that JonBenet couldn't read the names on the gift tags that Christmas morning.....how hard could they have been? Her own name.....Mom - Dad - Burke. :waitasec:

JMO8778,
Most likely because she was being trained as a pageant princess, timeline her pageant titles and appearances and I think you will discover what took precedence.

Also the school JonBenet attended was private, with John's money JonBenet could have attended any private school prior to the age of 5.

Also what girl doing makeup, glamour photographs, trips to New York, eating out in fine restaurants, trying on new dresses and outfits weekly, would want to swap that for school, remember she would ask Patsy to buy her new things like gloves or hats, perhaps even underwear, but not size-12's I guess. Her dance and stage lessons cost more than hundred-dollars an hour, thats before the cost of bespoke costumes and dresses, transport and accomodation etc. So training JonBenet to be a pageant princess was serious , very serious!

so true,all of it;I was just thinking it would have paid off more to have her graduate HS earlier,as my daughter is doing at age 17,rather than later,IOW-get her out of HS,get her out there on the pageant circuit at the age when it would be most important if she was going to go for the Ms America title.

My neighbor's decided to delay kindergarten for their daughter because she still had potty-training issues at age 5.
Could this have been an issue for JonBenet as well?

that's what I was wondering,if it was that or could it have been something else,I know my own son was in pull-ups till he was about 5 1/2 or so;he could go on his own,he was just a strong-willed child and it was his way of controlling us.I had him checked and he was fine-Dr said don't make a big deal of it and 'this too shall pass'-and it did.

Moved up to First-Grade Math but yet the Ramseys stated that JonBenet couldn't read the names on the gift tags that Christmas morning.....how hard could they have been? Her own name.....Mom - Dad - Burke. :waitasec:

I agree,I'm wondering if he was trying to say that JB put that big underwear on herself b/c she misread the size.

RiverRat,
I know, Patsy inflated her abilities so much. In this context a greeting card made by JonBenet for her father on which she had printed read The best gift I can give is me

So did JonBenet hand print this greeting card, and was there any subtext to her offering herself up to her father?

I agree,I'm wondering if he was trying to say that JB put that big underwear on herself b/c she misread the size.

JMO8778,

So what is the point of buying JonBenet day-of-the-week underwear?

RiverRat,
I know, Patsy inflated her abilities so much. In this context a greeting card made by JonBenet for her father on which she had printed read The best gift I can give is me

So did JonBenet hand print this greeting card, and was there any subtext to her offering herself up to her father?

:eek: Oh man - I didn't even think about that one! Great memory you have there.....but I'm sure that as with ALL notes, Ransom or not, Patsy was the printer.

:eek: Oh man - I didn't even think about that one! Great memory you have there.....but I'm sure that as with ALL notes, Ransom or not, Patsy was the printer.

RiverRat,
So could this be used to demonstrate that Patsy was complicit in encouraging JonBenet to have a closer relationship with John?

Thanks for posting that newsletter. I see now that she was in Kindergarten, but first grade math; I new I remembered seeing "first grade", so that's what confused me.

Thanks for posting that newsletter. I see now that she was in Kindergarten, but first grade math; I new I remembered seeing "first grade", so that's what confused me.

you're welcome,that's what I thought when I read it.

..or did JB make the card at school? in all fairness,I thought that's where she made it,although I could be wrong.

JMO8778,

So what is the point of buying JonBenet day-of-the-week underwear?

Well... that is something some moms of little girls just do. I did. And my daughter was much younger than JBR, around 2 years old. She really had "day of the week" panties. Not "Bloomies", though, I think they were from Sears. Just thought they were cute. They WERE cute. And when potty training a toddler, especially a little girl, pretty undies like "big girl" panties are a big deal to them, even if they can't read what they say. Those kids of things appeal to the moms more than the kids. It's like going into Baby Gap and seeing tiny boy's undies with a fly front for toddlers. You KNOW they can't use that fly. But the undies are cute. So we buy them. The child could care less whether he can use them. They LOOK like "big boy/dad's" undies.

RiverRat,
So could this be used to demonstrate that Patsy was complicit in encouraging JonBenet to have a closer relationship with John?

It can be used to make me ill at the thought. Maybe it wouldn't if only the Ransom Note were true and it really was a kidnapping gone wrong......

Excellent point! They do teach reading in kindergarten...I don't buy that she couldn't read the names on the gift tags. Why were they so pushy about JB not being able to read?? Sounds suspicious to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back