Girl, 16, moves in with 49-year-old teacher

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
What's more, he was her R.E. teacher. i'm amazed police can do nothing about this.

A schoolgirl of 16 has walked out on her family to live with her 49-year-old religious education teacher.

Jess Anderson's parents were left devastated when she moved in with Clive Richards, a father of two who has been married three times.

They knew nothing of their daughter's relationship with Richards - who has now left her school - until she sent them an email telling them she had moved out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=512123&in_page_id=1770

Although I don't condone violence perhaps Clive needs a good *advertiser censored*s kicking. Or maybe he'll have his head accidently get stuck in a trunk of a car while a stranger mistakenly slams it on him. Man, I feel for them poor people. First off I'd never have dreamed of doing that and if I did my dad would have been at old Clive's door and how. That's nuts. 16 years old. Plus his wife left three days prior. Legally Clive is still married.

:mad: There's got to be a law. If my daughter did this I shudder to think what I would be doing to stop this insanity. :(

:mad: There's got to be a law. If my daughter did this I shudder to think what I would be doing to stop this insanity. :(

In Britain what's happened here is perfectly legal. :(

And his 14 year old son is living with them.
Right now this girl thinks she has something wonderful, lets see what she has to say 5 years from now when she'll be the 4th exwife. I remember some years ago there was a young girl/teacher and how much they professed their love, can't remember where they were from but it would be interesting to find out where they are now and how it all worked out.

VB

Although I don't condone violence perhaps Clive needs a good *advertiser censored*s kicking. Or maybe he'll have his head accidently get stuck in a trunk of a car while a stranger mistakenly slams it on him. Man, I feel for them poor people. First off I'd never have dreamed of doing that and if I did my dad would have been at old Clive's door and how. That's nuts. 16 years old. Plus his wife left three days prior. Legally Clive is still married.

ahhh Filly you are being WAYYY to kind there hun!!!!! I have a 14 year old DD and I don't give a flying flip flop...if we lived over there and THIS happened (have to keep telling myself to never say never as she gets older) there is absolutely no way in hades that man would be walking right now after a good swift in the ding ding...seriously, this is not humorous...is there anything the parents can do?!??!?!?

It's too bad that it's no longer legal for the men of a family to beat the tar out of perverts and men who are no good, then run them out of town. This supposed religious pedophile needs to be in jail. This could have been going on longer than anyone knows. His wife needs to step up and do something instead of just leaving. Hope no one ends up like happened with Drew Peterson.

The saga continues:

"I understand that what I am about to tell you will be upsetting and a shock," the email began. "I was hoping to tell you in a more controlled manner after GCSEs, however, things have been taken out of my hands.
"I was aware in early October that I was falling deeply in love with Clive.
"We first acknowledged feelings for each other in October 2007; he stopped being my teacher in April 2007, thus not breaking any rules.
"Like any couple we found we enjoyed one another's company and got along very well, he did not set out to seduce me or capture me or whatever else you or anyone else may think.
"I know you will be thinking that I have been brainwashed or 'groomed' as the common phrase is these days, but I definitely have not had any one of these things done to me."
Jess, the deputy head girl at her school, wrote that she had taken advice from a solicitor, and reminded her mother - several times - that "it is important you realise legally we have done nothing wrong".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=512332&in_page_id=1879

There is much more in this second article. beggars belief.

deanws: legal age of consent is 16.

Does anyone else see the red flags I do? The older man stops being the sixteen year old's teacher in April, and by October she "realizes" she was "falling deeply in love" with him? He's got her well conned, I must say! She really believes she wasn't groomed! I don't buy the B.S. that he didn't have desires for her, otherwise why would he quit teaching way back in April yet stay in contact with her so she "comes to the realization she loves him" by October. Nuh uh! He orchestrated this, lead her to believe she came to the ideas on her own. He's subtle. And he began working on his next conquest will still married! Creep! :behindbar

Man, I feel most sorry for the poor Grandmom. I have to admit the mom was right for not "going around" to Clive's house. Now, if Clive came by to talk civil in the parents house well he just may be trespassing and they could fear for their lives and Clive accosted them. Legally, Clive could lose the top of his head that way. Alas, here's the thing. If it all ain't so bad then WHY did the girl write a dang e-mail? She called and said she'd be late and then told mom to look at the e-mail. Why? She knows why and good old pervert Clive told her to do so. See, her hair straightners and all her "stuff" her mom packed for her? Naw, I'd do what my mom told me once when I was going to go live with a 19 year old boyfriend and I was 18. "You'll leave with what ya came in here with, nothing". Man, and I so didn't go no place. Clive, he's a peach. Oh and the condom part. Them poor people must have ulcers by now.

It's a bit creepy, but it's legal. We can't hold a man in another country liable for laws in our country, as frustrating as it may seem.

The saga continues:

"I understand that what I am about to tell you will be upsetting and a shock," the email began. "I was hoping to tell you in a more controlled manner after GCSEs, however, things have been taken out of my hands.
"I was aware in early October that I was falling deeply in love with Clive.
"We first acknowledged feelings for each other in October 2007; he stopped being my teacher in April 2007, thus not breaking any rules.
"Like any couple we found we enjoyed one another's company and got along very well, he did not set out to seduce me or capture me or whatever else you or anyone else may think.
"I know you will be thinking that I have been brainwashed or 'groomed' as the common phrase is these days, but I definitely have not had any one of these things done to me."
Jess, the deputy head girl at her school, wrote that she had taken advice from a solicitor, and reminded her mother - several times - that "it is important you realise legally we have done nothing wrong".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=512332&in_page_id=1879

There is much more in this second article. beggars belief.

deanws: legal age of consent is 16.
Kids have little brains in their head at this age. Shame for shame on this man. :bang:

It's a bit creepy, but it's legal. We can't hold a man in another country liable for laws in our country, as frustrating as it may seem.

I don't care about the laws in any country, if my 16 year old daughter pulled this she'd be removed from that house physically if needed and locked in her bedroom at home until she grew a brain. This goes a little bit beyond the boyfriend mom and dad don't like, but decide to not forbid her to see him because she might rebel further.

Maybe Britain should change their laws then, but as I see it this man has done nothing wrong legally.

Maybe Britain should change their laws then, but as I see it this man has done nothing wrong legally.
Not legally, but morally? OMGosh..I don't even want to go there! :eek:

I'm not disputing that. I am just saying that if my 16 yr old daughter moved in with a 49 yr old man she'd have her rear end carried home if necessary. Just because it is not illegal does not mean a parent has to leave their child in this situation.

Not legally, but morally? OMGosh..I don't even want to go there! :eek:

We'd be inundated with news from all over the world if every story involved the moral integrity of someone. It happens every day sadly.

Not in Britain, it doesn't. not a 16 year old with a man this old. it's out of the ordinary by western standards which is why i posted the story.

i'm extremely perturbed by the relationship and how this man clearly misused his position of trust.

i'm sorry if the story bothers you. i think the fact what they are doing is legal is what makes the story and i believe everyone has read the story and understands the legality.

it makes me feel you think me completely dumb to repeat what they are doing is legal.

I guess I just don't understand the double standard here. A 16 year old dates a man 33 years older than her, but clearly she's only a child. A 16 year old murders someone, but clearly they must be tried as an adult. So which is it? Are you saying that all 16 year olds *must* be duped since they don't have the mental capacity yet to know they are being taken advantage of? Not all 16 year olds are built the same way mentally. If she's old enough to give consent I don't see the problem, legally or morally. There's no scientific objective that identifies that 16 year olds can't make sound decisions about relationships.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back