KY - Laura, 39, & Tessa Hughes, 12, murdered, Louisville, 2 Feb 2008

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=7819373

Martin Hughes appeared in court Monday morning on two murder charges. He's also charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.
Thirty-nine-year-old Laura Hughes and her 12-year-old daughter, Tessa, were found dead in their home in southwest Louisville early February 2nd.
(more info at link)

http://www.wlky.com/news/15215317/detail.html
“They were very wonderful people,” said Paul Hughes. “My little girl, she was the love of my life. My wife, she was the love of my life. And I miss them so much.”

Hughes remembers the pain of losing his son to a move to Tennessee at age 3. Martin Hughes had troubles with the law there, including a rape conviction from 2006.
(much more plus video at link)

Holy heck!!! Don't even know what to say. This one is just awful.

Hughes remembers the pain of losing his son to a move to Tennessee at age 3. Martin Hughes had troubles with the law there, including a rape conviction from 2006.

I'm sorry, but he moved a convicted RAPIST into a home with a 12yo stepdaughter and his wife?! WTH?!

I'm sorry, but he moved a convicted RAPIST into a home with a 12yo stepdaughter and his wife?! WTH?!

The same thing came to my mind, SS. I read in another article the kid was moved back and forth often. Here, there and everywhere. Poor little girl. Had her whole life ahead of her. May they rest in oeace. Real odd though is the dad's reaction. Then again, God forbid who knows how a person would react to having that happen in their family?

It is a horrific crime and I am sure the father is brokenhearted losing his wife and stepdaughter plus his son is now accused of such vile acts towards them. His comments were a bit odd, but under the circumstances...I would assume he is still in shock over the horror of it all.

I still don't understand why he would put them at risk tho. To me, even if it were my son, I wouldn't have taken his prior crime so lightly.

It is a horrific crime and I am sure the father is brokenhearted losing his wife and stepdaughter plus his son is now accused of such vile acts towards them. His comments were a bit odd, but under the circumstances...I would assume he is still in shock over the horror of it all.

I still don't understand why he would put them at risk tho. To me, even if it were my son, I wouldn't have taken his prior crime so lightly.

I think that you are right SS. This man is probably trying to come to terms with his feelings right now. That is a lot to take in. I don't understand him allowing his son to live in the same house with his wife and daughter. He couldn't have thoght that something as ugly and horrible would happen to them though. Maybe the son denied the rape and his dad wanted to believe him. It is hard to say. Just a tragic thing to happen to that poor wife and little girl. They must have never seen it coming.

I think that you are right SS. This man is probably trying to come to terms with his feelings right now. That is a lot to take in. I don't understand him allowing his son to live in the same house with his wife and daughter. He couldn't have thoght that something as ugly and horrible would happen to them though. Maybe the son denied the rape and his dad wanted to believe him. It is hard to say. Just a tragic thing to happen to that poor wife and little girl. They must have never seen it coming.

He said he never thought his son could so such a thing - so I agree with you that he didn't believe the first conviction. :-(

I'm confused, isn't the 12 year old girl the daughter of the father? She's called the half sister of the killer so I am assuming they both had the same father so she wouldn't be his stepdaughter right?

It's a horrible thing and the father probably thought he was helping his son by taking him in, people are fooled all the time into thinking someone they are related to can never do something so evil, it doesn't say how he killed them, I hope it was swift so they didn't suffer for long.

VB

I'm confused, isn't the 12 year old girl the daughter of the father? She's called the half sister of the killer so I am assuming they both had the same father so she wouldn't be his stepdaughter right?

It's a horrible thing and the father probably thought he was helping his son by taking him in, people are fooled all the time into thinking someone they are related to can never do something so evil, it doesn't say how he killed them, I hope it was swift so they didn't suffer for long.

VB

Brother from another mother, Vegas Bride. Step-sister.

Brother from another mother, Vegas Bride. Step-sister.

I disagree Filly .. She was his half sister as they had the same father. A step sister would have simply been a child the step mother had from a previous relationship No blood relation to him.

Martin Hughes

Housed: Kentucky State Reformatory
Conviction Date: 09/11/2009

Offense: Abuse of a Corpse
Sentence: 5 years

Offense: Tampering with Physical Evidence
Sentence: 5 years

Offense: 2 counts Murder
Sentence: LWOP

(“They were very wonderful people,” said Paul Hughes. “My little girl, she was the love of my life. My wife, she was the love of my life. And I miss them so much.”

“I still love him, but I don't appreciate what he did,” said Paul Hughes. “It kills me for what he did.” ) WOW!!!!!! I Don't appreciate what he did??????? That's something you would say if someone borrowed money and did not pay you back or if someone did not show up when they said they would! NOT when your son murders your wife and daughter and then has sex with your wife's dead body!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE. He deserves everything he got and more so much more! IMO:

I agree that the dad's comments are strange but he has just lost his daughter, his wife AND his son. He probably has trouble forming a coherent thought, let alone give an interview. I cannot imagine how torn apart he is. :( I'm sure he blames himself, as he probably thought he was helping his son. What he failed to understand is that you can't help MONSTERS.

I didn't find it odd that he said that, because my dad always used to say that when something pissed him off. Granted, nothing this bad, but it could just be the way he talks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back