GUILTY MD - Turner Nelson, 3, Baltimore, 3 February 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/15225707/detail.html

5 Feb 08

WBAL TV 11 News has learned that a custody battle may be the reason behind an all-out search for a missing toddler in the Patapsco River over the last three days.

Sources told 11 News reporter Kate Amara that Turner Nelson, 3, hasn't been seen since Sunday when he was visiting his father.

According to Baltimore city police, a woman called 911 shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday night from a home on Walbrook Avenue saying that her son had thrown his 3-year-old son, Turner, from the Key Bridge while strapped to his car seat.

much more at link

pic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-te.md.baby06feb06,0,7988486.story

Maryland Transportation Authority Police are preparing murder charges against a West Baltimore man who police believe threw his 3-year-old son off the Key Bridge into the Patapsco River on Sunday.
After more than two days of searching, police had not recovered the boy's body. But police said phone calls from relatives and statements from witnesses on the bridge Sunday night led them to believe that Turner Jordon Nelson had been thrown into the water.

more at link

I am so tired of hearing about these babies being thrown away. What is wrong with society???? Do people have a conscious anymore? :behindbar

I second everything Blondieskatz said.

I am sick and tired of hearing these stories of people killing and discarding babies. :furious: :furious:

There are sooooooooooooooo many options out there for people who find they either don't want their children or can't take care of them.

What the hell is wrong with people???? :furious: :furious:

I can't believe this happened again. Unreal! At what point does throwing another human being off a bridge become an option? Scary!

WTHHHHHHH is wrong with people?? I cant understand it I just cant. Im so sick of people doing this to helpless children. I hate people sometimes.

Witness reports say he threw the baby from the bridge still strapped in his car seat. What a VILE !

What is up with people throwing kids off of bridges???

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/15228947/detail.html
Mother Makes Plea To Public For Help

A father faces homicide charges as police continue searching the Patapsco River for the body of his 3-year-old son, who reportedly was thrown off the Francis Scott Key Bridge, police said Tuesday.Meanwhile, the boy's mother is pleading to the public for help.Stephen Todd Nelson, 37, was in police custody at the University of Maryland Medical Center Tuesday night, said Cpl. Jonathan Green, a spokesman for the Maryland Transportation Authority Police. Nelson was in critical condition Tuesday night, a hospital spokesman said.

More at link. Apparently he tried to kill himself by drinking cleaning solutions.

When he picked the baby up from the mom he had threatened to throw him off the bridge? Did I read that correctly? Honestly, why did he then drink the household cleaner? Throw your dang self off the bridge. Such a sin.

Reading the comments amounting to "what is going on LATELY"...I just thought I'd throw in that in ancient Athens, there used to be a designated place where parents could leave their unwanted babies. Usually they would simply starve or freeze to death there. So it's not anything particularly new. Which doesn't make it any less horrible and puzzling.

Reading the comments amounting to "what is going on LATELY"...I just thought I'd throw in that in ancient Athens, there used to be a designated place where parents could leave their unwanted babies. Usually they would simply starve or freeze to death there. So it's not anything particularly new. Which doesn't make it any less horrible and puzzling.

Taking a pick between being thrown off a bridge or starving or freezing to death them anciet Greeks had alot of nerve.

Here is another article that says later in it that the police found the carseat in the mans car http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-bridge0207,0,2120458.story

so maybe just maybe he didnt do what he stated (prays).

This is all so sick anymore...the total disreguard for life and especially the life of an innocent child.

Ive never heard of anything like that before..if there was such a place i would hope that many women would go have themselves a child then ..i know i would go get one if someone just left it.

In fact anyone who reads this that doesnt want a baby they have - just let me know and ill take it off your hands and actually love and care for it.

Angel..yes, many people did visit that place, mostly to get free slaves. Some infertile women did obtain babies from there to raise as their own children, but from what I understand, that was rare.

Regardless of how good a father this monster was before or how much he loved his little boy it sounds like he did carry through with his threat to the mother. Sounds like there were witnesses on the bridge that saw it happen. If he didn't do anything to his little boy why go home and drink cleaner? Like someone else said...why not just throw himself off of the bridge too if he was determined to murder his little boy? Coward.

My gosh, how many babies have been murdered by someone that was supposed to love them in just the last few months? Way to many. It seems like everyday another monster has ended the life of a little one.

I think what we need to do when something as horrible as this happens is...set up a camera with the media...take the monster out to the middle of town and blow him/her away or hang him/her and then show the film nationwide so that anyone who is thinking of doing this to their little ones might think twice about it. If not and they hurt a child then they will be on the news next. This nation is to easy on crime...especially crimes against children. Something has to change and the way the laws are right now they aren't working and they won't unless the big wigs change the laws. That is my opinion anyway.

Oh right....demons sure. Ain't buying that one! :liar:

Father pleads guilty to murdering son by throwing him from bridge

Man faces maximum of 50 years at sentencing

Stephen Todd Nelson pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for killing his three-year-old son, Turner, by throwing the boy off the Key Bridge on Super Bowl Sunday in 2008.

The two convictions each carry a 30-year maximum sentence, though Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Charles Peters agreed to limit the term to a cap of 50 years. Sentencing is scheduled for January 28.

"It gives me a whole lot of closure, a whole lot," the boy's mother, Natisha Johnson, said outside the courtroom. Prosecutors consulted her before making the deal, essentially giving Johnson "veto power" over any arrangement, said Julie Drake, division chief in the Felony Family Violence Division within the Baltimore state's attorney's office.

more here

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ci-bridge-death-case-20101130,0,3943502.story

Father pleads guilty to murdering son by throwing him from bridge

Man faces maximum of 50 years at sentencing

Stephen Todd Nelson pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for killing his three-year-old son, Turner, by throwing the boy off the Key Bridge on Super Bowl Sunday in 2008.

The two convictions each carry a 30-year maximum sentence, though Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Charles Peters agreed to limit the term to a cap of 50 years. Sentencing is scheduled for January 28.

"It gives me a whole lot of closure, a whole lot," the boy's mother, Natisha Johnson, said outside the courtroom. Prosecutors consulted her before making the deal, essentially giving Johnson "veto power" over any arrangement, said Julie Drake, division chief in the Felony Family Violence Division within the Baltimore state's attorney's office.

more here

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ci-bridge-death-case-20101130,0,3943502.story

:Justice:

RIP Turner, justice has been served for you, sweet little angel!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back