1589 users online (334 members and 1255 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Mascoutah, BlkFem Skeletal 327UFIL, 20-40, SK victim, off I-64, Jan'02

I don't post here much but I do look around. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or if its been talked about before. I came across this and was wondering what everyone elses take is.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/mis...ails.cfm?ID=37

Could this be her??

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/327ufil.html

The clothes is what really stuck out.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    It certainly seems possible. It might be a good idea to call the numbers at both websites.

I agree - the sketch vaguely matches Melissa's photo, and the clothes are a great clue. I'd call both numbers, as SewingDeb suggested.

I suspect that they are the same. Same state, same clothing description, and the sketch looks very much like the photo of the missing lady. I did a quick search for the Jason Matthews brand of clothing and came up with nothing. I suspect it's either because the brand is an off price label used by manufacturers when selling goods direct to retail, by-passing sales reps or it's an old brand, no longer available.

bump to move to the UID forum. This was presented as a possible match a few years ago but it somehow ended up in the missing persons forum.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

The clothes sure are a stand out ... but the UID was found in 2002, with an estimated time of death "several months" prior. She is believed to have been the victim of a killer who was active from 2000 - 2002.

Melissa Ann Page went missing 12 years before the UID was found and would have been outside the age range by three to four years if the estimated time of death is accurate. If the estimate is incorrect and she was killed soon after her disappearance, it has to be out by a decade or, to put it another way, the estimated time would be about 1/20th of the actual time.

I know that jumpsuits were more commonly worn as regular clothing around 1990 than 2000. I certainly see a facial resemblance. It's possible for a body to remain by a highway undiscovered for that length of time - there was a recent case in England where a woman missing since (I believe) 1996 was found near a highway ramp.

Geography's not great though - we're basically talking Chicago (MAP) to St Louis (UID) even though both are in the same state. That wouldn't really put me off but I think the clothing and the resemblance are likely no more than an odd coincidence.

A side by side comparison of these these two would be helpful here I think. I'll try to do it later today or tomorrow.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    A side by side comparison of these these two would be helpful here I think. I'll try to do it later today or tomorrow.

Salem

Here's the side-by-side, along with the relevant links.
    Melissa Ann Page http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/page_melissa.html
    DoeNetwork Case 327UFIL http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/327ufil.html

Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Another IL case not in NamUs.

I don't see the resemblence with the side by side. Completely different facial shapes imo.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Another IL case not in NamUs.

I don't see the resemblence with the side by side. Completely different facial shapes imo.
    I wish we had a post mortem photo -- a lot of the difference in facial shape could be due to how much of the facial swelling the artist removed.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

how are threads tagged as possible matches, etc?

was this possibility submitted to any LE agency?

Threads are flagged possible match when the thread starter is comparing a UID to a missing person. The possible match is presented for discussion prior to submitting the possible match to LE/ME. Not all possible matches are submitted, nor should they be.
    Generally if the discussion moves in the direction many agree and the stats line up well a call will be made to submit the possible match. Sometimes there may not be enough to actually call a possible match in...

there is a group of prefixes to choose from when starting a thread in the UID forum...

hth

Cubby
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    The clothes sure are a stand out ... but the UID was found in 2002, with an estimated time of death "several months" prior. She is believed to have been the victim of a killer who was active from 2000 - 2002.

Melissa Ann Page went missing 12 years before the UID was found and would have been outside the age range by three to four years if the estimated time of death is accurate. If the estimate is incorrect and she was killed soon after her disappearance, it has to be out by a decade or, to put it another way, the estimated time would be about 1/20th of the actual time.

I know that jumpsuits were more commonly worn as regular clothing around 1990 than 2000. I certainly see a facial resemblance. It's possible for a body to remain by a highway undiscovered for that length of time - there was a recent case in England where a woman missing since (I believe) 1996 was found near a highway ramp.

Geography's not great though - we're basically talking Chicago (MAP) to St Louis (UID) even though both are in the same state. That wouldn't really put me off but I think the clothing and the resemblance are likely no more than an odd coincidence.
    I agree being from central Illinois, going to a college that had most of its students from the Chicago and Quad cities and now living in St.Louis agree that is a bit of a stretch. My best friend lives of fourteen years lives in Chicago and I know they don't really identify with people from Southern Illinois which is what the town she was found in is. Culturaly there is a vast difference between Southern and Northern Illinois. Being from Central Illinois theres even a difference between Soutern Illinois. By the way I have many friends from both Southern and Northern Illinois but as someone from Illinois wanted to point out the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lieber32 View Post
    I agree being from central Illinois, going to a college that had most of its students from the Chicago and Quad cities and now living in St.Louis agree that is a bit of a stretch. My best friend lives of fourteen years lives in Chicago and I know they don't really identify with people from Southern Illinois which is what the town she was found in is. Culturaly there is a vast difference between Southern and Northern Illinois. Being from Central Illinois theres even a difference between Soutern Illinois. By the way I have many friends from both Southern and Northern Illinois but as someone from Illinois wanted to point out the difference.
    Sorry I forgot to point out that the distance is about six hours.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast