1225 users online (304 members and 921 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Heroin Ring Found In Ohio High School

Police arrested three Westlake High students in Ohio on heroin charges. The mother of one of the boys was arrested as well after they searched a home.Parents voiced their concerns after hearing rumours that some of the kids were doing heroin. Just thought I'd post this to keep us all aware that even in Ohio in a high school kids are doing these dangerous drugs. Gone are the days of a homeless, nodding addict with a needle in his hand. These kids are doing dangerous, dangerous drugs. In school none the less.http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...210.xml&coll=2

This doesn't surprise me at all. More of this is going on then we could even believe. Glad they caught those kids...maybe they will get their lives together now. Shame on the mother. We are supposed to be role models to our kids!

I am absolutely floored at how many people I know who have tried heroin. Educated, clean-cut people that you would never expect. It is such a devastating drug.

Westlake is one of our more well-to-do suburbs. I still don't understand why everyone is so surprised when this happens in any type of neighborhood though.

I'm hoping to hear the scoop from two relatives that go there soon!

My oldest graduated last year and, I know it's here in Broadview Heights too. Let us know the scoop when you get it Taximom.

A few weeks ago, I found an empty baggie that had contained cocaine or meth at a high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    I am absolutely floored at how many people I know who have tried heroin. Educated, clean-cut people that you would never expect. It is such a devastating drug.
    Yep - I agree with you - it's truly not the providence of "street" bums any more.

I figured this was a more well to do high school since poorer kids probably couldn't afford to be buying enough heroine to actually have a ring of sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I figured this was a more well to do high school since poorer kids probably couldn't afford to be buying enough heroine to actually have a ring of sellers.
    I was under the impression that heroin is really cheap.

Heroin is cheap and very pure these days. Kids don't inject it, they snort it or just eat it. It is common at our local high schools. Easier to conceal than pot.

How much do all these drugs cost and where are these kids getting money for this? Westlake is a wealthy community, but not all of the residents have big money.

Drugs dont discriminate!!! They get a hold of anyone that will let them get a hold of them!!! I have seen it with meth. We live in a private comunity where you would think it would be hard to get it in but it isnt they make it right here in this very nice comunity. It is everywhere!!!!

I am so thankful that these kids were rounded up and this hopefully prevented at least a couple of other kids from being exposed to this drug. It is my understanding that heroin is cheap and very affordable at first, with the price escalating the more someone uses or needs it. That's why crime is associated with this and other addictive substances, it's no longer a recreational deal.
    Westlake is close enough to Cleveland to have access to supply, too.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    Heroin is cheap and very pure these days. Kids don't inject it, they snort it or just eat it. It is common at our local high schools. Easier to conceal than pot.
    What is considered cheap? I also didn't know you could eat it. I don't even know what it looks like. Although now I have learned to recognize someone who is wasted on it.

What is considered cheap? I also didn't know you could eat it. I don't even know what it looks like. Although now I have learned to recognize someone who is wasted on it.
    According to this article from 2006, about 50 cents per dose.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-k...e_b_37268.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast