Barnacles Grow Huge Penises

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
While this is an interesting story, I find it just as interesting that the scientists who first contemplated the study...were contemplating it while drinking beer! :rolleyes:

Barnacles can radically change the size and shape of their penises to fight the waves and have sex.

Here is the challenge for the tiny hard bodies: Barnacles want to mate but are permanently bound to whatever rock or hull they once latched onto.

Given that, they have evolved the longest penises of any creature for their size — up to eight times their body length — to seek out and have sex with their neighbors. (Most barnacles are hermaphrodites that alternate between male and female sexes over time.)

~snip~ (Hated to use this when discussing penises, but...)

"Over beers, we thought maybe barnacles could change the size and shape of their penises as well," Neufeld told LiveScience.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329408,00.html

Hee hee, over beers they were wishing they could do the same thing!!

Well I certainly hope they gave those poor barnacles some of that beer! :sick:

Oh, wow, i had no idea barnacles even mated let alone had penises, i had taken them for granted and thought they were just there..

Oh this is hilarious! They are torturing the poor little girl barnacles with those tree trunks!

They really should just build the little barnacles a bar on the bottom of the sea so they can get the other barnacles drunk and take advantage of them. (Most are girl/boy barnacles...how convenient for them!)

Hmmm, so this is what biologist think about when they get drunk! :crazy:

I see a Nickelodean cartoon in the barnacles' future. OK, maybe not. Perhaps HBO.

You know what's next----- as soon as this gets more known, men will be grinding the poor little barnacles up and consuming them in hopes of, well, you know.

Barnacles can radically change the size and shape of their penises to fight the waves and have sex.

Yeah yeah, my husband tried using that line on me....didn't work. :crazy: (wish it had. ;))

Hmmm I wonder if that's how Barnacle Bill the Sailor got his name:eek: :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back