1018 users online (182 members and 836 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Teacher Shot, Stabbed By Husband At Ohio School

A teacher's husband came to her elementary school classroom Thursday and stabbed and shot her in front of her 5th grade students, but no children were injured, police said.
    The teacher was in critical condition at a hospital in nearby Huntington, W.Va., and the shooter escaped. For hours after the 9 a.m. shooting, police SWAT teams surrounded a home about 2 miles from Notre Dame Elementary where they believe the suspect was barricaded inside. Shots were heard fired from inside the house, and police were seen firing at the home in southern Ohio.
    Another woman was stabbed in town before the shooting at the school, and Portsmouth police Capt. Rob Ware said officers believe it was related to the teacher shooting. He would not elaborate.
    Student Emmaly Baker said she hid in a coat room of the classroom when the gunman came in.
    "We heard gunshots, and we heard her yelling. I was scared," she told WSAZ-TV. "The police officer came and got us and she was still laying there and she was hurt really bad."
    Parents, many with cell phones clutched to their ears, congregated in a church parking lot across the street from the private, Catholic school until their children were released.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329369,00.html

OMG those poor children!!

I have a son in Fifth grade and I cannot imagine how traumatized he would be.
    I hope the teacher pulls through.

I am seeing that the woman who was stabbed in town might be Christy Layne's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I am seeing that the woman who was stabbed in town might be Christy Layne's mother.
    Who is Christy Layne?

Christy Lane, the gospel singer?

Not the singer. She's the wife/victim.

Christy Layne is the teachers name.
    This link has more details.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/art...ws_teacher.txt

Awww that is just horrible!!! Those poor kids!!! I can't imagine the terror they went thru and how this will effect them. Bless their hearts!!

I feel awful for the teacher and her sister, too. I pray they both survive what this POS inflicted on them.

(According to this article, he stabbed her sister first at her home then went to the school!!)

Portmsouth police reportedly received a call at about 8 a.m. of a stabbing on 11th Street in Portsmouth, at the home of Stephanie Loop. Loop is said to be the sister of Christy Layne, a 5th grade teacher at Notre Dame Elementary School in Portsmouth.

"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Unhappy

Home Schooling is starting to sound better and better every day. I just can't imagine being the parent of one her students knowing that each of the little ones will now always fear the next seven years of their school life.

Why did the POS have to do this in front of the children? I know he shouldn't have done it at all, but come on.

There should be more security in our schools!! When domestic situations such as this one can occur...it says we are failing the children in protection. He should never have gotten into the school to do this. He had just stabbed her sister...so you would think he would be covered in blood already. Did he just walk in nonchalantly with a gun and knife then?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    There should be more security in our schools!! When domestic situations such as this one can occur...it says we are failing the children in protection. He should never have gotten into the school to do this. He had just stabbed her sister...so you would think he would be covered in blood already. Did he just walk in nonchalantly with a gun and knife then?!

I'm not sure how they can provide enough security to keep them safe. In some of our city schools they have metal detectors. The kids know how to get around them. In the schools in my area, we have a SRO officer in each school. Although I think they are there only half a day. We have 4 schools and only two officers. Unless, they have hired another one I don't know about. I just don't see them as being much protection. It's a sad commentary on our way of life, when you have to tell your children to find a place to hide or escape in every room they are in. In this case, unless they were seperated, they probably didn't think a thing about him coming to visit his wife.

Unhappy

The exact same thing happened down here last week at a DAYCARE!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Awww that is just horrible!!! Those poor kids!!! I can't imagine the terror they went thru and how this will effect them. Bless their hearts!!

I feel awful for the teacher and her sister, too. I pray they both survive what this POS inflicted on them.

(According to this article, he stabbed her sister first at her home then went to the school!!)

Portmsouth police reportedly received a call at about 8 a.m. of a stabbing on 11th Street in Portsmouth, at the home of Stephanie Loop. Loop is said to be the sister of Christy Layne, a 5th grade teacher at Notre Dame Elementary School in Portsmouth.

Thanks SS. Early articles said it was the mother.

Here's another. He died from a self inflicted.

Suspect in Portsmouth Teacher Shooting Commits Suicide
    http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=v...&storyid=34546

Good riddance to trash. Sorry........but saves taxpayers money since there will be no need for a attorney being appointed, no trial, and no prison sentence. All of which is subsidized by us, the taxpayers.

And even more than that, the parents of those poor children can honestly tell their child that "that man" can never come back and hurt them. Hopefully it will lessen the nightmares of him coming after them, but not what they had witnessed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast