Pee-Wee Herman, registered sex offender

Gig

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I just heard something on the news that is quite distressing. Paul Rubens, the actor who played Pee-Wee Herman on TV, pled guilty for child *advertiser censored* after months of legal wrangling. It sounded like there were huge charges that were brought down to what they settled for. How sad for all the children who watched his show. Whole generations grew up to that program and who knew the guy hosting it was someone who would harm kids. I liked it better when I thought all child predators wore raincoats. :(

Hi there... I always thought a sex offender had to have contact with a child sexually ~ I didn't realize it was also for having Child *advertiser censored* - unless there is more to the story that we are not hearing?

My daughter has PeeWee's Big Top and PeeWee's big adventure - which is hilarious, she was just watching it the other night and laughing at him dancing to "Tequila"

Thanx for the update on him!

I heard that these charges were based on a photograph collection he purchased from an estate or something. That there was "art" based photography. Whatever that means??? Wasn't there another actor I think maybe the guy who played the principle in Ferris Buehlers Day Off that was arrested around the same time for photographing a teenage boy nude? I think they were in the same group of friends.

AGAIN?

Wasn't he in trouble for lewd behavior once before abou 4 or 5 years ago? Something about soliciting homosexual sex in a public restroom?

Actor Paul Reubens pleads guilty in obscenity case
By Gina Keating

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - After a 2-1/2-year investigation in which prosecutors examined 30,000 images seized from his home, actor Paul Reubens pleaded guilty on Friday to a single charge of possessing obscene material.

The children's actor, who won fame as television's "Pee-wee Herman," was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to keep away from children during that period. He also has to pay a $100 fine in what his lawyers said was a major victory.

Reubens' attorney, Blair Berk, said prosecutors had dropped a more serious child *advertiser censored* charge and had agreed to allow Reubens to appeal the case to a higher court.

The plea deal also requires Reubens to register as a sex offender, but the case will be expunged from his record and his name removed from the state database if he finishes probation.

During his probation, Reubens, 51, must avoid anyone associated with the case and receive psychological counseling for a year
. --->>

http://www.reuters.com/locales/news...ntertainmentNews&locale=en_IN&storyID=4608960

Pepper said:
AGAIN?

Wasn't he in trouble for lewd behavior once before abou 4 or 5 years ago? Something about soliciting homosexual sex in a public restroom?

I thought it was for masturbating in the movie theatre. George Michael was arrested for sex in the restroom.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Los Angeles Office of the City Attorney
March 19, 2004

Actor Paul Reubens Pleads Guilty to Possessing Obscene Materials of Minors Engaged in Sexual Conduct

LOS ANGELES - In the most recent of Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo's efforts to enforce laws protecting minors, Paul Reubens, an actor best known for his "Pee Wee Herman" character, pleaded guilty to today possessing obscene materials of minors engaged in sexual conduct.

"The Reubens conviction points out that the sexual exploitation of children will not be tolerated," Delgadillo said.

Reubens, 51, was convicted of one count of violating Penal Code section 311.2(a), possession of obscene materials, child *advertiser censored*, with intent to distribute or exhibit to others.

Reubens was sentenced by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol H. Rehm Jr. to three years' probation, will be required to attend weekly psychological counseling sessions for at least one year, and is prohibited from having any unsupervised contact with minors. Reubens must also submit to searches of his person and property by peace officers at any time, with or without a warrant.

All seized child *advertiser censored* and other sexually oriented materials recovered by the police will be confiscated and destroyed.

According to the prosecutor, Deputy City Attorney Richard E. Kraft of Delgadillo's Special Enforcement Unit, an Los Angeles Police Department investigation of Reubens and actor Jeffrey Jones led to the discovery of child *advertiser censored* at Reubens' Hollywood home in November 2001. LAPD officers seized thousands of items of sexually oriented materials, including photos and magazines containing child *advertiser censored*.

A third man, Philip Hiland, 51, of Silverlake, was convicted of possession of child *advertiser censored* in May 2003, in relation to the same child *advertiser censored* investigation. Jones was convicted in a case prosecuted by the Los Angeles District Attorney's office.

###
Someone sent that to me so I don't have an URL. I was also told that the Hiland man is serving a four month sentence for the same crime that Reubens committed. Also Reubens was on Dateline the other night showing his collection, only those weren't the images the police confiscated and destroyed. The verboten images were 170 photos, some of which he took himself, of minor children with genitals exposed and in sexual acts. So yes, I think this is much more serious than his previous trouble.

They had an interview with him on television the other night. I never watched PeeWee's Playhouse because I think his voice is too obnoxious, however, I have liked him in movies that I've seen him in. I don't think he's guilty of anything. He's also in this week's People Magazine - I think its that one - could be Entertainment or the like.

Ya gotta watch out for these full grown men that dress up and dance and prance around for children --- Just seems a little perverted to me....

poco said:
Ya gotta watch out for these full grown men that dress up and dance and prance around for children --- Just seems a little perverted to me....
How about old women in big pink bunny suits?

Just a quick reply to whoever asked about was possesion of child *advertiser censored* enough to get you classified as a paediophile. Here in the UK it most certainly is. Possesion of child *advertiser censored* will see you charged under the Sex Offenders act and depending on the seriousness may result in a custodial sentence ranging from 1-15 years. The ex Who member Pete Townshend was recently placed on the register for downloading inmages for "Research"

An adult book store in my town [in the bible belt] just got shut down for repeated violations of lewd acts. The police officer said the floor was sticky so Pee Wee is not the only one that whacks his peepee in these places.

When one hears child *advertiser censored* automatically little kids are what we think of but anyone under the age of 18 is a child. It can be hard to determine age. Maybe he had a Abercrombie & Fitch catalog.

LA County declined to press charges on the same material.

Dateline did an interview with Paul Reubens and they showed some of the artwork he collected, not the stuff he was in trouble for that is being destroyed. He said it was similar in style. It showed adult males who look younger than they are in suggestive poses or pouty sexy faces...not obscene..it remined me of some gay art. Some of the art had women in them to. None of it looked like child *advertiser censored* to me. Courtney Cox and her husband spoke out early on in his defense, saying they had seen the art in question and it defiantly wasn't child *advertiser censored*. He was arrested for masturbating in an adult theartre a few yrs back.

I don't think he is a child molester of anything like that. But I think he has interesting taste in art. Is he gay? Not that that matters. But I thought that when I saw the art.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back