993 users online (192 members and 801 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - Six killed in shooting at Kirkwood council meeting, 7 Feb 2008

There are now reports of several injured after a shooting at Kirkwood's City Hall. News 4 first reported that there were multiple gunshots fired at a city council meeting around 7 p.m

http://www.kmov.com/

Live link here:

http://www.kmov.com/sharedcontent/Vi...57410&live=yes

ETA: Two officers dead and Mayor has been shot. No word on his condition.

How much do you want to bet the shooter is this guy?
    Federal court rejects council critic's First Amendment claims

By David L. Hudson Jr.
    First Amendment scholar
    02.07.08 A federal judge in Missouri has rejected the First Amendment claims of a man removed from Kirkwood City Council meetings for “repetitive, personal, virulent attacks” against council members.
    Charles Lee Thornton had sued the city of Kirkwood after he was arrested twice (and later convicted) for disorderly conduct at two council meetings in 2006.
    http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/....aspx?id=19647

Steadfast you are good and fast!

Is it me or has there been an above normal amount of kidnap, hostage and shooting situations today. The standoff in L.A., the teacher shot in front of her class in Ohio. The woman and child hostage in Florida. The kid kidnapped in Texas.

Live feed witness pretty much described the Thornton without saying the name.

Yep, it's Charles Thornton.

Reports are that Mr Thornton has been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Steadfast you are good and fast!
    It wasn't too hard. I just "GoogleNews'ed" Kirkwood City Council to see if there were any previous stories about a problem there.

My DH is from that area.

I live near there .... 20 minutes away. People are freaking out. This is the same town that Michael Devlin lived in for so long

Kirkwood has been cursed!

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    How much do you want to bet the shooter is this guy?
    Federal court rejects council critic's First Amendment claims

By David L. Hudson Jr.
    First Amendment scholar
    02.07.08 A federal judge in Missouri has rejected the First Amendment claims of a man removed from Kirkwood City Council meetings for “repetitive, personal, virulent attacks” against council members.
    Charles Lee Thornton had sued the city of Kirkwood after he was arrested twice (and later convicted) for disorderly conduct at two council meetings in 2006.
    http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/....aspx?id=19647

Weird... that's today's date! Was this story just published today?? Is that what set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Weird... that's today's date! Was this story just published today?? Is that what set him off?
    Yes, it happened today. Or, at least I had the impression it happened today.

I do this for a living in a way..........at Village Halls, Township Halls, etc.

Since I've been here, I've noticed that I am feeling far less secure in being at those places than I was say 2 years ago. This one hits me right in the gut. I printed what was on the links to share with my co-workers tomorrow.

We need to be more aware and alert that anything can happen at any time..................

SS: You were right on the draw on this one!!! Kudos.

Wow! I am from St. Louis, my parents live there, and I hadn't heard about this until now. Kirkwood (not Kirkwood City) is a suburb about 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. It's a pretty upscale, quiet place, and this is a shocking crime.

A Post-Dispatch reporter says at least five were shot dead at Kirkwood City Hall. Public officials and attorneys are reportedly among the dead.
    http://www.kmov.com/

Yes, two police officers were shot and killed

O/T, but there is a full moon or something. A sugar factory blew up in Ga. at least 30 injured critically. Estimated 200 injured.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60046

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast