878 users online (163 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Johnny Marlowe for circumcising newborn sons, Kings Creek, 2008

DALLAS, N.C. — Investigators say a man has been charged with child abuse in Caldwell County for circumcising his two infant sons with a utility knife.

Authorities said 32-year-old Johnny Eric Marlowe fathered children with his legal wife and another woman who live in their home. One gave birth to a boy at their home in the rural Kings Creek community in November 2005, and the other gave birth to a boy there four months later.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329849,00.html

I just don't know what some people are thinking.

OMG, he has 2 "wives" and a total of 11 children with them. Is he Morman, what's going on here? Is he trying to birth a cult?

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    OMG, he has 2 "wives" and a total of 11 children with them. Is he Morman, what's going on here? Is he trying to birth a cult?
    Oh dear, I think you misspelled a word "Morman" I believe you meant
    "MORON"! Where were the mother's of these little babies?

I don't think that this guy is a Mormon, moron, yes. What on earth??!! He denied them medical care??!! This must be in the backwoods somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99 View Post
    DALLAS, N.C. — Investigators say a man has been charged with child abuse in Caldwell County for circumcising his two infant sons with a utility knife.

Authorities said 32-year-old Johnny Eric Marlowe fathered children with his legal wife and another woman who live in their home. One gave birth to a boy at their home in the rural Kings Creek community in November 2005, and the other gave birth to a boy there four months later.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329849,00.html

I just don't know what some people are thinking.
    I'm confused. Did the boys develop an infection? I see it as no difference than when Moyel does it.

Circumcision is either abusive or it isn't

I know what he was thinking. He was thinking with 11 kids, he can't afford to take them to a doctor who would do the same thing with fancier equipment, perhaps exposing them to staph infections, medical malpractice and accidental hospital deaths.

Don't forget, there was a time when hospitals didn't exist and you took care of your own. If all 11 of his kids are alive and well, he probably has had some experience in this procedure and it's not as barbaric and abusive of a situation as it sounds by just a news report.

Thankfully, I have insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    I know what he was thinking. He was thinking with 11 kids, he can't afford to take them to a doctor who would do the same thing with fancier equipment, perhaps exposing them to staph infections, medical malpractice and accidental hospital deaths.

Don't forget, there was a time when hospitals didn't exist and you took care of your own. If all 11 of his kids are alive and well, he probably has had some experience in this procedure and it's not as barbaric and abusive of a situation as it sounds by just a news report.

Thankfully, I have insurance.
    I don't know about that. I think with this many kids these woman could have easily gotten medicaid. He "denied" them prenatal care...I doubt he ever even let them see if they could get financial help.
    Exsposing them to some form of medical malpractice would have just most likely won him a huge lawsuit.
    This guy doesn't have a license to practice medicine...how do we know that he knows what he's doing? Sounds to me like those poor babies would be more at risk getting staph and/or any kind of infection from a basic utility knife than they would in a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    I don't know about that. I think with this many kids these woman could have easily gotten medicaid. He "denied" them prenatal care...I doubt he ever even let them see if they could get financial help.
    Exsposing them to some form of medical malpractice would have just most likely won him a huge lawsuit.
    This guy doesn't have a license to practice medicine...how do we know that he knows what he's doing? Sounds to me like those poor babies would be more at risk getting staph and/or any kind of infection from a basic utility knife than they would in a hospital.
    But did they?

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servlet...=1173354498868

Marlowe is currently in the Gaston County Detention Center serving a 105-day sentence for assault on a female and child neglect, a result of guilty pleas he entered a week ago in Gaston County Court. Hartley said the sheriff’s office would serve the warrants on Marlowe closer to his release or immediately following his release. Hartley said that would give her more time to investigate and possibly file other charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    But did they?
    I don't think the article mentions it.
    He was charged with "multiple counts of child neglect and assualt on a female."
    This doesn't sound to me like a dad who was just trying to do the best he could for his sons because he couldn't afford medical care.

I don't think the article mentions it.
    He was charged with "multiple counts of child neglect and assault on a female."
    This doesn't sound to me like a dad who was just trying to do the best he could for his sons because he couldn't afford medical care.
    I am not saying he did this because he didn't have medical coverage. I am saying what he did is no different than what Moyles do. All he had to do was use a brand new sterilized blade. It's not rocket science.

As long as circumcision is legal than I have no problem with it. It's no different than removing a child's splinter with a needle or piercing your own child's ears or pulling out a loose tooth.

Prenatal care? Please. It's not illegal to not get prenatal care. There are mother out there delivering babies everyday addicted to illegal drugs, they're not in jail!

Maybe he's a mohel.

WHat?? Easily gotten medicaid?? IMO you do not have children if you cannot afford them.

I agree with paddy...he is a moron.
    What an idiot.

Just because someone has many wives and children does NOT mean they are Mormon. The true mormons do not believe in polygamy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast