767 users online (97 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cancer bride dies 90 minutes after wedding

A bride died from cancer just 90 minutes after her wedding and after a desperate race against time to carry out her last wish.

Elaine Stephenson, 48, a former nurse, married her partner of 11 years Chris Johnson, 50, in a bedside ceremony.
    Tragically she died just an hour and a half later with Mr Johnson and her son Ashley, 17, at her side.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

I'm so sad for her husband. she looked absolutely beautiful.

I can promise you she didn't look like that at the end. This was a past pic.If you have ever dealt with people who are dying of cancer you would know that they are not robust at the end. So terribly sad all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    I can promise you she didn't look like that at the end. This was a past pic.If you have ever dealt with people who are dying of cancer you would know that they are not robust at the end. So terribly sad all the way around.
    Yes i think you're right. i just took it from the caption under the picture and hoped: "Cancer bride dies 90 minutes after wedding".

oh, bless the hearts of the family.

Sad...but I hope she died happy.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Sad...but I hope she died happy.
    I would bet she did. By that time the Lord was with her and this last moment of earth time made everyone else happy. God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope...I firmly believe this.

I would bet she did. By that time the Lord was with her and this last moment of earth time made everyone else happy. God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope...I firmly believe this.
    I love your faith especially "God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by chiperoni View Post
    I love your faith especially "God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope."
    ditto-
    cp is a favorite of mine, just for her faith- it is so refreshing- not always heavy- if that makes sense
    ok- i didnt mean JUST for her faith- ! I meant just as an example...her faith
    Last edited by j2mirish; 02-08-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: to add

Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    ditto-
    cp is a favorite of mine, just for her faith- it is so refreshing- not always heavy- if that makes sense
    It does.

Yes. i love what concernedperson said! oxox

I love it as well. I hope this is true for me when my time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    ditto-
    Well, you know you are a favorite of mine. People may not know this but this gal is on your trail when you are troubled.She sends you cards and letters and she lets you know that she is watching your backside. She is a hero because she is all about helping and she never asks for help. She just does this from the bottom of her heart.

There are people who do so much at Websleuths to help others that isn't even about crime solving but each other and the hope of getting some evils off the streets.

Some are just angels that are sent to further the message. I love all the angels.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    I love it as well. I hope this is true for me when my time comes.
    Yes, it will be.My mom died recently and we had to make a decision about the ventilator.She mouthed " I want to go" before we discussed it fully. It was her telling us what she wanted. We were brought in after the vent was removed and she was heavily sedated. It took about 30 minutes for her to die. They always cross the borderline for cancer patients. She seemed very peaceful while we were very distraught. It is humane considering the alternative. Lord, these kinds of things are hard for us humans. Stay with us.

Oh, that's just heartbreaking!
    One thing, though, hospice is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Oh, that's just heartbreaking!
    One thing, though, hospice is just amazing.
    If I could get a job with hospice I would be so thankful.I know I could make a difference.

What a beautiful post, CP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast