MN - Demond Reed, 4, Minneapolis, 6 February 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Chicago Boy Missing In Minneapolis

Demond Keith Reed, 4, Has Been Missing Since Wednesday, May Be With Mother

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/minneapolis.boy.missing.2.649186.html

8 Feb 08

Police in Minneapolis are asking for the public's help in finding a 4-year-old Chicago boy missing since Wednesday, who may have been taken by an acquaintance.

The boy, Demond Keith Reed, was taken around 6 p.m. from 3118 Morgan Avenue North in Minneapolis. Police describe Demond as 3 feet all, black and was last seen wearing pajamas with SpongeBob Squarepants, a blue jacket and snow boots.

Police believe Demond was taken by an acquaintance, whose name is Shawna Williams. Police said Williams, of Chicago, goes by the name "Shawn" and has a cousin named Joanne who lives in Minnesota.

Williams is described as a black female with a dark complexion, about 35-38 years old, 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall with a thin to medium build. Williams has brown chin-length, straight hair with brown and blond highlighted weaves in it.

She also has "Shawn" tattooed on her arm and wears a small stud nose ring. She was last seen wearing a dark rusty-red short leather jacket, a white skull cap, white gloves, white shoes and faded blue jeans.

Earlier, police had thought the person who took Demond may be driving a Gray '92 Ford Taurus with the license plate EUC 181. Authorities now said they don't know if Williams is riding around in a vehicle.

Anyone with information is asked to call Minneapolis Police Dispatch at 612 348-2345.

pic
missingmplsboy.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-missing_boy_web_09feb09,1,3578364.story

8 Feb 08

Minneapolis authorities said Friday they believe that a 4-year-old boy who was reported missing late Wednesday may have been taken from a relative's home by an acquaintance from Chicago.

Demond Keith Reed disappeared late Wednesday afternoon from the home of relatives who lived on Minneapolis' northeast side.

Minneapolis police say Demond, who they believe to be a resident of Chicago, had come up to Minneapolis to visit his father, Tony Reed, who is originally from Chicago.

But police believe the boy may now be in the care of a Chicago woman who police described as a "friend of a friend" of the Reed family.

"We would like to talk to her to see if she's involved or not," said Minneapolis police spokesman William Palmer, who called the woman a suspect in the boy's disappearance.

Police are asking anyone with information about the case to contact either Chicago police at 911 or Minneapolis police at 612-348-2345.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ― Police have recovered the body of a 4-year-old boy who disappeared from a Minneapolis home in the company of a family acquaintance.

Demond Reed had been missing since Wednesday. Police found his body in a home on the city's north side. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office has not determined a cause of death, but police are investigating it as a homicide.
more at the link:
http://wcco.com/crime/demond.reed.body.2.650354.html

Well that sucks....
4 year olds just don't die on there own.
:mad:

The details surrounding this little fella have been very sketchy. Also the lady who supposedly took him never owned a car....so no need for a amber alert. At least thats what I heard on the NEWS this morning.

They never even released til later today that he'd been beaten. Its a sad case........

Awwwww what a precious little boy!! I can't imagine anyone being able to harm that little darling with those eyes and that smile. It just makes me ill.

This is just so sad, I really thought he would be found safe.

Poor precious little guy, I wonder what happened.

Rest in Jesus arms sweet Demond.

http://origin.twincities.com/localnews/ci_8225952

11 Feb 08

A 37-year-old woman is behind bars in connection with the apparent homicide of 4-year-old Demond Keith Reed...

and

Carla Cherisse Poole is being held in the Hennepin County Jail on probable cause of murder, Palmer said.

and

...in an interview last week with KARE-11 after the boy disappeared, Poole said she was the boy's cousin and he had been staying with her since December.

more at link

Yet, another "Susan Smith" story. Makes me sick, this poor little boy. Well I can only hope this is locked away forever. They haven't determined how Demond died yet. I feel so sorry for grandmother.

Well after watching that video of her asking for him back I think i might puke. She is quite the actress:mad:

Rest in peace little baby boy. How and why would she do something like that?

I couldn't believe it when I figured out it was HER that they arrested! Quite an actress indeed. :( Why???

This little boys mother was unable to care for him. Thus, his dad had him and his mother who the little boy called Nana Frenchie. Well, Nana Frenchie couldn't care for him so she sent him to Carla Poole according to this article. Now, they can't even identify this child without dental records? http://www.startribune.com/local/15491001.html

God bless this little guy & keep him safe from any harm ever again....His Grandma was on the News lastnight & it was heart wrenching. I sobbed so hard & he was so cute & adorable.

The lady that did it had 4 kids....so SAD!

I am shocked that she used her youngest kids to hold him down while she beat him, and the 11 year old watched. How will her kids ever forget something like that? They are scarred for life! :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back