schultz_suzanne.jpg
schultz_suzanne_ap.jpg

Missing Since: December 1978 from Black Earth, Wisconsin
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: April 2, 1961
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes

Details of Disappearance

Schultz was last seen leaving her family's residence sometime during the month of December, 1978. In July of 1979, eight months later, she contacted her family from Tampa, Florida. She was believed to have been staying with a male companion there. Schultz told her family she would be returning home, but she did not do so and the vehicle she was traveling in was later found abandoned in Chicago, Illinois. Schultz has never been heard from again.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Dane County Sheriff's Office

608-266-4948

Suzanne was last seen leaving her home in December of 1978. Her exact missing date is unknown so the date listed above is an approximation. Suzanne contacted her family in July of 1979, from Tampa, Florida, where she was believed to be staying with a male companion, and said she would be returning home. She failed to return home and the vehicle in which she was traveling was later found abandoned in Chicago, Illinois. Suzanne has not been seen or heard from since.

Age-progressed to 42 years:
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Stephen Craig Lund

Demographics
Missing Age 32 Years
Current Age 72 Years
First Name Stephen
Middle Name Craig
Last Name Lund
Nickname/Alias--

SexMale
Height 5' 7" - 5' 8" (67 - 68 Inches)
Weight 135 - 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact August 4, 1979
NamUs Case Created February 16, 2017

Stephen Lund was last known to be living in Tampa, FL. He told his family in Illinois he would be home on July 4, 1979 but never arrived. He was believed to be with Suzanne Schultz (MP 6635) who is also missing. Suzanne told her family she would be home on August 4, 1979. Stephen and Suzanne never arrived to their destinations and have not been seen since. Suzanne's U-Haul trailer was located, abandoned in Chicago in September, 1979.

The fact that there’s no pictures anywhere I can find of the man she was with down in Florida with and supposedly went missing with in the Illinois area, Stephen Craig Lund, is beyond suspicious to me. I apologize if I’m mistaken but from everything I can find, it seems his family wasn’t very forthcoming in giving up a picture of him and it seems like they almost had a reluctance to even report him missing or get his name out there for him to be found. RED FLAGS ALL OVER THE PLACE! Any family under normal circumstances would want to get his name and face out there to find their loved one, especially after over 40 years missing.

I really think that Stephen tipped off his family that he was going into hiding/assuming a different identity because he had killed Suzanne and didn’t want to go to jail. This is why they don’t appear frantic the way Susanne’s family is. He may have used the U-Haul found abandoned in Illinois as a cover to store her body on the way up and dump her somewhere random along the way from Florida to Illinois. I think he’s out there living his life with a different name, knowing exactly what happened to Suzanne. If I’m wrong and anyone can find a picture of him, even in old newspapers, please post it here because I’ve given it the good old Google try and I’ve had no luck.

Just my theory though. I live 30 mins away from Black Earth, where Suzanne lived, so this cold missing person’s case his close to home.

I’m fairly certain these articles are talking about the same Stephen Craig Lund that Suzanne went missing with. It seems he was getting in some trouble with the law years prior to going down to Florida with Suzanne, and he may have had some substance abuse issues too.

Attachments

• 61C02EF5-1CC2-4ECA-AE19-812A50461203.jpeg
    61C02EF5-1CC2-4ECA-AE19-812A50461203.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 49
  • C9118A86-1DEF-40E6-A14C-97F6FD672513.jpeg
    C9118A86-1DEF-40E6-A14C-97F6FD672513.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 59
  • E384D0ED-5509-4F8E-80B5-A270F8AD97DC.jpeg
    E384D0ED-5509-4F8E-80B5-A270F8AD97DC.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 44
Hoping my fellow Websleuthers can look at this and give me some feedback
MP 6635
Found 2 hours south of Tampa (where last call was placed per parents) 5'5 , 125 lbs, 20 cm medium reddish brown, Hazel eyes (can change postmortem) wearing fleece lined boots in Florida??? seems more like a Wisconsin climate type boot. Est age 16-25

Cant seem to find anything that says she had the "N" Tattoo on her right thumb...but eyes/hair color/height/weight/age....good find vw51212

Cant seem to find anything that says she had the "N" Tattoo on her right thumb...but eyes/hair color/height/weight/age....good find vw51212
I'm thinking she could've easily gotten the tattoo while missing. I wonder where the photo is from that is on the Namus site on the UID page in question? Judging from that, it does look somewhat like her. Good find.

Oh that is interesting. Could it be they committed some crime and they both went into hiding but she just never said anything to her family?

I think he got arrested for substance issues multiple times...Maybe she just got caught up in it all? Or maybe she had her identity stolen?

The fact that there’s no pictures anywhere I can find of the man she was with down in Florida with and supposedly went missing with in the Illinois area, Stephen Craig Lund, is beyond suspicious to me. I apologize if I’m mistaken but from everything I can find, it seems his family wasn’t very forthcoming in giving up a picture of him and it seems like they almost had a reluctance to even report him missing or get his name out there for him to be found. RED FLAGS ALL OVER THE PLACE! Any family under normal circumstances would want to get his name and face out there to find their loved one, especially after over 40 years missing.

I really think that Stephen tipped off his family that he was going into hiding/assuming a different identity because he had killed Suzanne and didn’t want to go to jail. This is why they don’t appear frantic the way Susanne’s family is. He may have used the U-Haul found abandoned in Illinois as a cover to store her body on the way up and dump her somewhere random along the way from Florida to Illinois. I think he’s out there living his life with a different name, knowing exactly what happened to Suzanne. If I’m wrong and anyone can find a picture of him, even in old newspapers, please post it here because I’ve given it the good old Google try and I’ve had no luck.

Just my theory though. I live 30 mins away from Black Earth, where Suzanne lived, so this cold missing person’s case his close to home.
It appears Stephen had some issues with his wife in 1970.stephencraiglund.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back