GUILTY MS - Courtney Smith & Christine Jackson, both 3, raped & murdered, 1990 & 1992

White Rain

Reaction score
Poor baby...I hope she gets some justice!

JACKSON, Mississippi - A one-time suspect in the 1992 rape and murder of a 3-year-old child has been charged with the crime, more than a decade after another man was convicted in the shocking case.
Justin Albert Johnson, 51, faces charges of capital murder and sexual battery on a child under the age of 14, Attorney General Jim Hood said.
Johnson was arraigned Tuesday, pleaded not guilty and was being held without bond. It was not immediately clear if he had obtained an lawyer.
Another man, Kennedy Brewer had been convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death in 1995 for the crime. He spent well over a decade in various prisons and jails, including death row.
The slaying of Christine Jackson was a "sickening case" in which the girl was taken from her home in the middle of the night, raped and brutally strangled, Hood said. more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23073321/

I think she will finally get justice. From your link:

Sperm found on the child's body was analyzed by two different laboratories and both said the DNA was "a perfect match to Johnson," Potkin said.

------
I feel for Kennedy Brewer. He was only 22 when wrongfully convicted.

I think she will finally get justice. From your link:

Sperm found on the child's body was analyzed by two different laboratories and both said the DNA was "a perfect match to Johnson," Potkin said.

------
I feel for Kennedy Brewer. He was only 22 when wrongfully convicted.

I hold DNA in high esteem these days....unfortunately I don't hold anything to go along with it in high esteem.

He has confessed to killing another child....:mad:

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?s=7846983
The man accused of killing and raping a 3 year old girl in 1990 has now confessed to raping and killing a second child the same year.
More at link......

http://www.sunherald.com/306/story/358343.html

Here's a longer article. This is so sad, how could the police not look at the similarities of these cases in this small town. Did they know they made a mistake with the first and just continued to cover by pinning it on yet another boyfriend.

15 Years of these poor men's lives have been taken and no way to get them back....and what will our great state do to compensate them? I am not a fan of lawsuits, but in these cases I think it may be worth looking into. Time is so precious.

If this man killed and raped two young children, did he stop? What has he been doing all these years since then? Is that something you just stop doing? This is scary stuff.

If this man killed and raped two young children, did he stop? What has he been doing all these years since then? Is that something you just stop doing? This is scary stuff.

I have a really really bad feeling about this....:eek: :mad: :furious:

From February 2012:

http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=15589

The girls lived only three miles apart. They were only three years old. Both were snatched from their homes in the middle of the night, raped and strangled. Courtney Smith's body was found in a Noxubee County pond. Christine Jackson's body was found in a Noxubee County creek. Two men were sent to the Mississippi State Penitentiary, and the tiny community of Brooksville -- population 1,182 -- tried to heal.

There was only one problem: Levon Brooks, serving a life sentence for Smith's September 1990 murder, and Kennedy Brewer, sitting on death row for Jackson's May 1992 murder, were both innocent.

Thursday, Justin Albert Johnson, 55, pleaded guilty to raping and murdering the toddlers and was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Johnson confessed to the crimes in 2008, just a few months before DNA evidence cleared Brooks and Brewer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back