TX - Jesus Hinojosa & others for stealing cocaine from Jersey Village crime lab, 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5526780.html
Yowsa.

Hinojosa is the last of four men implicated in the scheme to sell more than 26 kilograms of cocaine stolen from the Jersey Village lab.

Last week, Everett Brumfield, 42, was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty to engaging in organized criminal activity.

In December, Tommy Norris, 34, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in exchange for a 25-year sentence for his part in replacing the narcotics with lookalike bricks.

Roberto Reynoso, 36, a buyer, agreed to a punishment of 45 years in prison. (more at link)

Maybe, just maybe, I'm soft on crime, but am I the only one that thinks 45 years (and even 25 yrs) is a long time for stealing cocaine even with the intent to sell? There are rapists, murderers and child molesters that get far less than that but deserve more!!

These guys just threw away their lives. Idiots.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5526780.html
Yowsa.

Hinojosa is the last of four men implicated in the scheme to sell more than 26 kilograms of cocaine stolen from the Jersey Village lab.

Last week, Everett Brumfield, 42, was sentenced to 25 years after pleading guilty to engaging in organized criminal activity.

In December, Tommy Norris, 34, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in exchange for a 25-year sentence for his part in replacing the narcotics with lookalike bricks.

Roberto Reynoso, 36, a buyer, agreed to a punishment of 45 years in prison. (more at link)

Maybe, just maybe, I'm soft on crime, but am I the only one that thinks 45 years (and even 25 yrs) is a long time for stealing cocaine even with the intent to sell? There are rapists, murderers and child molesters that get far less than that but deserve more!!

These guys just threw away their lives. Idiots.
I agree. Look how long Mary Winkler stayed in prison.
:bang:

Wow, the guy that replaced the bricks and put the fake ones got a steep sentence. Looks like the buyer got the harshest though. No, I understand what you mean Taxi Mom and often shake my head at sentences while all the sex offenders are in and out real quick from jail/prison. I'll tell ya it has to be awful tempting to the police and the crime lab guys. When you're a cop making a not all that hot wage, and getting shot at and seeing the worst out on the streets and you bust a street level dealer who got a few grand on him from one night of business I mean it has to make ya seethe. Alas, they are the law though and of anyone have to be upstanding and obey it the most. Silly crime lab dudes I guess they thought the same thing.

Hmmmm kinda reminds me of the Kristin Rossum case where she stole not only meth (for herself) but Fentanyl to kill her hubby Greg...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back