Deceased/Not Found AR - Christina Richart, 14, Ozark, 1 June 1999 *W. Richart guilty*

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
This is so bizarre!!! My MIL and I know these people. And this is the first we heard about this!!! We are trying to figure out how they lived with themselves!!

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0208/494858.html

A federal indictment that accuses a Kingsland woman of killing her 14-year-old niece eight years ago and alleges the woman's husband buried the girl's body in woods outside Ozark charges the couple with lying to authorities. U.S. Attorney Jane Duke says federal prosecutors are working with Prosecutor David Gibbons of Russellville, and are hopeful that state authorities can bring murder charges against Wanda Faye Richart and Charles Walter Bubba Richart.

The federal indictment charges the Richarts with making false statements to FBI agents investigating the disappearance of 14-year-old Christina Richart. The teenager's body has not been found.

~~~SNIP~~~

Tezi, this is awful! You actually know these people? Why would they do this? :( She had to put up quite a struggle being 14 yrs old. How did they explain her disappearance all these years?

((Tezi)) This is so horrible.

You know these people...omg...
That's scary. Glade they got them for killing her...
Another, what a shame case....

Tezi, this is awful! You actually know these people? Why would they do this? :( She had to put up quite a struggle being 14 yrs old. How did they explain her disappearance all these years?

((Tezi)) This is so horrible.

Well, apparently they didn't explain it! We have no idea why they would do this. We knew them about 9 years ago, this happened 8 years ago, and they moved. We didn't know this girl even was missing!!!!

((Taxi)) thank you for the hug. I am just in shock.

I can definetly understand you're being in shock. Did you also know Christina? Did these people have custody of Christina? Where were her parents? I feel so bad asking these questions. You don't have to answer them if it's too upsetting. I'm glad they moved away from you.

I can definetly understand you're being in shock. Did you also know Christina? Did these people have custody of Christina? Where were her parents? I feel so bad asking these questions. You don't have to answer them if it's too upsetting. I'm glad they moved away from you.

No, we didn't know Christina. We don't know why they had her. I am not sure who her parents are. We are trying to find out. As soon as I know more, I will post.

Don't feel bad for asking questions. Trust me, they are questions I have been asking myself all day since hearing about this!

Did they have kids of their own that might have witnessed this?

If they haven't found a body...how did they come up with this story? I read the article, yet it doesn't make sense. Are they just guessing? How can they arrest people on just speculation without any evidence?

If they haven't found a body...how did they come up with this story? I read the article, yet it doesn't make sense. Are they just guessing? How can they arrest people on just speculation without any evidence?

Well, apparently someone let the cat out of the bag. I don't know exactly what is going on.

Well this is scary and I don't blame you one bit for being upset Tez. It will be interesting to find out more about this, a 14 year old must have put up quit a struggle!:mad:

No, we didn't know Christina. We don't know why they had her. I am not sure who her parents are. We are trying to find out. As soon as I know more, I will post.

Don't feel bad for asking questions. Trust me, they are questions I have been asking myself all day since hearing about this!

Thanks tez, for a minute there I felt like a vulcher LOL, swooping in
on you. I guess I've become a ws! Waiting to hear more.

According to inditment, Christina and her two brothers went to live with
their aunt & uncle in 1997 after the children's father, who was Charles brother, died and the children's mother wouldn't take care of them. Two years later, the Richarts moved to Ozark after one of the boys was removed from the home. Between July 27 and Sept. 14, 1999, Wanda & Christina got into an argument at the house and Wanda forced the girl into the bathroom, Charles Richart and others in the home, who weren't identified, heard the girl screaming for help as as her aunt ran water in the bathtub. Minutes later Wanda opened the door to bathroom and Christina's lifeless wet body was on the floor. Charles took Christinas body to a wooded area outside of town and buried her.
Can you believe there were other people in the house who heard this child screaming for help and they did nothing! I hope they'll be charges for them also.

According to inditment, Christina and her two brothers went to live with
their aunt & uncle in 1997 after the children's father, who was Charles brother, died and the children's mother wouldn't take care of them. Two years later, the Richarts moved to Ozark after one of the boys was removed from the home. Between July 27 and Sept. 14, 1999, Wanda & Christina got into an argument at the house and Wanda forced the girl into the bathroom, Charles Richart and others in the home, who weren't identified, heard the girl screaming for help as as her aunt ran water in the bathtub. Minutes later Wanda opened the door to bathroom and Christina's lifeless wet body was on the floor. Charles took Christinas body to a wooded area outside of town and buried her.
Can you believe there were other people in the house who heard this child screaming for help and they did nothing! I hope they'll be charges for them also.
I don't know for sure, but if you are a kid..and someone is drowning your sister or cousin, what REALLY are you going to do? Besides of course sleep with one eye open and hoping you are not the next to die. Poor kids!

:eek:

I don't know for sure, but if you are a kid..and someone is drowning your sister or cousin, what REALLY are you going to do? Besides of course sleep with one eye open and hoping you are not the next to die. Poor kids!

:eek:
Hi, link didn't specify if the "others" in the house at the time Christina was murdered were children or not. But, I'm gonna go with gut feelings here.. I do believe her brother might have been there, the other brother was removed from the home and it didn't state why either. Aunt was by marriage to the uncle who buried her, and why in the he!! didn't her uncle help her? :sick:

Hi, link didn't specify if the "others" in the house at the time Christina was murdered were children or not. But, I'm gonna go with gut feelings here.. I do believe her brother might have been there, the other brother was removed from the home and it didn't state why either. Aunt was by marriage to the uncle who buried her, and why in the he!! didn't her uncle help her? :sick:
Who knows...and wonder what the heck the kid said to her to make the Aunt go crazy enough to kill her. Another thought...how BIG do you have to be to drown a 14 year old? That would be kind of hard don't you think? Scary, sick story.:(

Who knows...and wonder what the heck the kid said to her to make the Aunt go crazy enough to kill her. Another thought...how BIG do you have to be to drown a 14 year old? That would be kind of hard don't you think? Scary, sick story.:(

I'm not sure how big you have to be to drowned a 14 year old. My
granddaughter is the same height as me 5'1" and she weighs 100 lbs.
and I weigh more! :D IMO, it must have been quite a struggle. OMG,
the visual of this murder, (especially having had a small glass of wine) is too scary. :eek:

I'm not sure how big you have to be to drowned a 14 year old. My
granddaughter is the same height as me 5'1" and she weighs 100 lbs.
and I weigh more! :D IMO, it must have been quite a struggle. OMG,
the visual of this murder, (especially having had a small glass of wine) is too scary. :eek:
I agree....very scary.:eek:

Well, I still don't know anything else, even after reading the other article. If Christina is the girl I remember, before the murder, I assumed that she was their daughter, not their niece. And I do remember when the brother was removed from the home, and he was removed because he had a lot of problems, and he was placed in a home for developmentally disabled children in Dallas County. This was before the murder. I just wonder if Christina's other brother finally decided to tell someone the truth and that is why they authorities finally started investigating in 2005, only six small years later (sarcasm intented).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back