Roy Scheider dead.

gosh- can believe he is 75- but then I cant believe "jaws" is that old either :eek:

Me either J2..I was a mere teenager when Jaws first hit our screens and that was many many moons ago:)

Oh, that's too bad! I loved him in Jaws and All That Jazz...

He was a great actor.
LinasK,
I loved him in Jaws and he was great as Bob Fosse in All That Jazz.

I too am a great fan of jaws and Roy Scheider. It seems like all the stars that I remember are passing, I keep forgetting that I am aging too:eek:

RIP Roy, and thankyou for being the great actor you are.

He was a great actor.
LinasK,
I loved him in Jaws and he was great as Bob Fosse in All That Jazz.
...that movie has managed to keep me out of the ocean for the last 30 years

Me too dingo!
I never again swam in the ocean after seeing Jaws, the very week it premiered.. lol
The movie first ran in 1975. It won 3 Oscars, another 9 wins and 13 other nominations for other industry awards.

Thanks for showing us the movie poster. :clap:

I had to take the poster off as it was huge..i see if I can find another one.
My job when we go to the beach is to stay in the carpark and keep an eye out for fins in the water:D .

JawsFilmCover.jpg

dingo
I had to take the poster off as it was huge..i see if I can find another one.
My job when we go to the beach is to stay in the carpark and keep an eye out for fins in the water:D .

:D Sounds like a good beach job to me. lol

"you're gonna need a bigger boat".....hell, i forgot he was in Klute too..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Scheider

Scheider's first film role was in the 1963 horror film Curse of the Living Corpse. (He was billed as "Roy R. Sheider"). In 1971, he appeared in two highly popular movies, Klute and The French Connection, the latter garnering him an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Four years later he portrayed Chief Martin Brody in the Hollywood blockbuster Jaws which also starred Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfus. Scheider's famous movie line, "You're gonna need a bigger boat", was voted 35th on American Film Institute's list of best quotes for movies. In 1976, he starred as Doc, a secret agent in Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman and Laurence Olivier.

(making Jaws' movie sounds before shark attacks) RIP ROY!

I bet he heard it daily after doing the movie. I just thought it would be appropriate one last time. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back