Space songs and Aliens.

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
Aliens could misinterpret earth's classic songs as declarations of war if they are recklessly broadcast into space, some scientists say.
Last week NASA broadcast a Beatles song, Across the Universe, towards the North Star, in the hope it would be noticed by extra-terrestrial beings.
But scientists have urged NASA to be more cautious, saying aliens could misinterpret the song, and even take it as a battle cry.

Professor Barrie Jones of Open University said: "the chances are slight, but the consequences would be huge — the end of life on Earth:eek: :eek: .

I thought scientists were supposed to be intelligent.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=377452

Beam a bit of Celein Dion up at them...that,ll bring them running:p

O.k. maybe they should play songs that would bolster the alien's ego.........."Rocketman"......"Martian Boogie"..gosh we have enough war happenings right now, don't need any space wars..anyway.."Shooting Star" by Bad Company would be good too..

No...lets put up a fight and throw everything we have at them....we can start with Russell Crowe and his band closely followed by The Spice Girls:)

No...lets put up a fight and throw everything we have at them....we can start with Russell Crowe and his band closely followed by The Spice Girls:)

LOL! Rather feisty tonight huh :insert southern accent here: mate? After watching the Grammy's I'd like to nominate Kanye West as well, because he is definetly out there with his ego

Lets throw all the rappers at them..that,ll pi$$ them off:)

Aliens could misinterpret earth's classic songs as declarations of war if they are recklessly broadcast into space, some scientists say.
Last week NASA broadcast a Beatles song, Across the Universe, towards the North Star, in the hope it would be noticed by extra-terrestrial beings.
But scientists have urged NASA to be more cautious, saying aliens could misinterpret the song, and even take it as a battle cry.

Professor Barrie Jones of Open University said: "the chances are slight, but the consequences would be huge — the end of life on Earth:eek: :eek: .

:laugh:(((((((I thought scientists were supposed to be intelligent.)))))))

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=377452

Let me see:
No word on the[SIZE=-1] satellite[/SIZE] that's suppose to hit earth. Bet they lost it.
And now saying aliens could misinterpret the song, and even take it as a battle cry.

Give them another round of drinks.....

I know mate..its madness....are your tax $ funding this...in my next life I want to be a scientist..they have all the fun:woohoo: :woohoo:

I know mate..its madness....are your tax $ funding this...in my next life I want to be a scientist..they have all the fun:woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi dingo....
Yep might be they are.....:bang:

Not sure, Dingo -- Could be ours, could be yours....
from the article .... "Scientist Ainin De Horta, from the SETI Australia Centre, said the there could be dangers in broadcasting songs into deep space. .... I think the chances are pretty unlikely that it'll lead to an alien invasion, but I do think there is a point that this should be discussed by the whole world, because who knows what'll happen," Mr De Horta said.

What we should have done is send out the stuff that boggles our minds. Maybe it'd take an alien to figure them out, and we could all come together in a lack of understanding. . . :

"Louie Louie" The Kingsmen

"In-a-Gadda-davida" Iron Butterfly

"Da-doo-doo-doo-Da-da-da-da" The Police

and especially, anything by Yoko Ono

I think they should play them some Enigma and Enya.. i don't see how they'd misinterpret that, yet you never know i guess..

Not sure, Dingo -- Could be ours, could be yours....
from the article .... "Scientist Ainin De Horta, from the SETI Australia Centre, said the there could be dangers in broadcasting songs into deep space. .... I think the chances are pretty unlikely that it'll lead to an alien invasion, but I do think there is a point that this should be discussed by the whole world, because who knows what'll happen," Mr De Horta said.
Yep mostlylurking..our scientists appear to be just as silly:p

Michael Jackson and his moonwalk would be likely candidates for this experiment:)

:laugh:Michael Jackson and his moonwalk would be likely candidates for this:laugh: experiment:)

OMG.......
And what pray tell, what experiment?
Think he had a lot of them......already:eek:

I don't suppose "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" is one of the songs we're broadcasting?
:rolleyes:

I don't suppose "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" is one of the songs we're broadcasting?
:rolleyes:

Oh lord I hope not!!!!!!! ::singing in her head:: "fiiirreeeee awaaaayyyyyyy"...:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back