717 users online (82 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

This case has been dominating my hometown news for the last week. It's a terribly sad and puzzling case. So far police are keeping pretty quiet, no suspects or arrests yet....hopefully they're getting their ducks in a row, and we'll hear something soon.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...6-4c9723322a28

More article links at link

I would really hate to be a female real estate agent. I've heard of this happening before, and I believe I've even seen "rules" to follow if you are a female RE agent so this doesn't happen to you.

I hope they solve this one soon.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I remember a case we had recently...maybe in Texas? Very scary.

Wow. This happens to a realtor every few years. Always so sad.
    I found another article with her photo. She was stunningly beautiful.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/National

The "rule" is, never meet a client in a vacant home without that client first meeting you at your office.

From the article, and this is really weird.

"Ms. Buziak apparently went to the newly constructed $964,000 home in the upscale neighbourhood on Saturday hoping to make a sale, after she agreed to help a female client find a million-dollar home before nightfall. The woman's identity has not been revealed, but sources at the real estate agency, Re/Max Camosun, said that Ms. Buziak found the woman's demands odd and the situation made her nervous."

I had an RE license for about 8 years before I became a parent. The chances of a legitimate buyer calling and needing to find a million-dollar home before nightfall is unheard of. This would have had my hinkey meter flying. I wish she would have listened to her instincts.... She was obviously targeted but why, she wasn't the listing agent. And a female "buyer" too, which is odd. I don't recall any news stories of a realtor being murdered by a female.

This could be one of those situations where the guy abuses/uses his girlfriend or wife to find other victims.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I remember a case we had recently...maybe in Texas? Very scary.

McKinney, I think. There's a thread here somewhere about it. I can't remember the details

I had never heard about this murder.

I just read Latole's link above and am surprised at what a small window of time the killer/s had. Lindsay met with the "prospective" buyer at the home at 5:30 and her boyfriend arrived at the home by 6:15 and found her dead.

Hmmm.

It's happened in Southern Oregon and was a hate crime:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxanne...ichelle_Abdill

A property manager/realtor was targeted because she was a lesbian. Robert Acremant was able to lure both Roxanne Ellis, the agent, and her partner, Michelle Abdill to an apartment complex on the pretense of viewing an apt. He then shot them both execution style. His mother, bless her, turned him in. He was sentenced to death by injection, which was upheld in 2005. Roxanne and Michelle's legacy has lived on, though, as our LGBT center in Ashland is named after them. They are not forgotten.

The couple were active in the Methodist church down the street from our house and the police presence while LE investigated was horrid. Everyone was very unsettled and frightened during the 10 days it took to find the killer. My prayers go out to this victim's family and the community.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-07-2015 at 02:55 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

I think the Buziak case may be related to the Mike Emert case. Emert was a real estate agent that was brutally stabbed in 2001 while showing a house in a Seattle suburb. Both cases seem to be the work of professional hit. Please see my post I created on Emert here:

Mike Emert - Unsolved Murder of Real Estate Agent - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-07-2015 at 02:56 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Also, like the post above said about the time frame of the Buziak crime, being a short window ... it was the same thing with the Emert case too.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-04-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Finally a bit of news released on this case, looks definitely like a "professional" job but it doesn't sound like they're much closer to solving it than they were 2 years ago...

New theory: Killers hit Buziak by mistake

Lindsay Buziak, the 24-year-old real estate agent stabbed to death as she showed a Gordon Head home two years ago, may have been mistakenly targeted in a contract killing, police say.

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/th...#ixzz0sJvlh8K2

Who Killed Lindsay Buziak?

I thought I would post a thread about this here:

it's been almost 2 1/2 years since Lindsay was killed.

Dateline NBC is going to air a one hour special about this case.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...00630?hub=Brit

hope the link works

Hi Ilovemua, the link wouldn't open all the way for me. But it could be my connection, it's flakey here.

The link comes up blank for me.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast