637 users online (76 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

VT - Nicholas Garza, 19, Middlebury College student, 5 Feb 2008 - #1

I do not have alot of info right now.
    I will also update when I find more info from my local news.

When I came home tonight, I caught the brief part that was on the news.

Nicholas is a Middlebury College student here in Vermont who is said to be from New Mexico. He went missing on tuesday. There has been nothing said of Nicholas being missing until tonight. Law Enforcement is at the college interviewing students and staff.

His photo was shown on the news. I went to the news site and found nothing about Nicholas on their website.

As I said, I will update as soon as I have more info.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Ok, here is a link that was finally put up on the site. I called the news station and was told that they added the story a few minutes ago on their website. There is a command post set up on the campus as stated on the first post of this thread.

Here is the link with a photo;
    Click here for WCAX news link and photo of Nicholas

Due to copyright, nothing can be copied and pasted from the site.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Thanks for the updates dark_shadows, please keep us updated on this if you can .

Thanks ST, I will.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

More details

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a.../NEWS/80211027

11 Feb 08

Nicholas Garza, 19, a first-year student living in Allen Hall, was first reported missing by his mother, Natalie Garza of Albuquerque, N.M., according to police. She called the Middlebury Police Department Sunday evening to say that she had not heard from her son since Tuesday.[tjo: 2/5: ] He was last seen in a residence hall on campus that night, according to a statement issued by the college. Middlebury’s winter break took place from Jan. 31 to Feb. 10. Classes resumed Monday.

In a statement Monday afternoon, Middlebury police said no leads had been developed into where Garza has been since that night.

and

...Garza had not used his cell phone since Feb. 5, and that his coat had been found in his dorm room. Hunter said Garza’s family was en route to Vermont from New Mexico.

more at link

pic

(So apparently he stayed on campus for at least the first part of winter break and then went missing. His mom phoned the college after she didn't hear from him for a few days. I'm guessing not many students stayed on campus for the break, so that's likely why his absence wasn't noticed. Hoppy)

Quote Originally Posted by STO4 View Post
    Thanks for the updates dark_shadows, please keep us updated on this if you can .
    Dearest St,
    As I said, I will give you updates.
    My local news just said that Nick's mother repoerted him missing last night. No one at the college reported him missing before that. Search dogs are going to be on the campus. Police are interviewing the ones that said he was at a party with. He left the party and no one has seen him since.

Not much else was said other than the fact that his family are on their way here from New Mexico.

ST, ask Mary to email you Nicholas's facebook link ok, she found it today.

Ok I came back to edit this post to add an updated link;

Click here for link

There is more on the story ST04.

Much Love and Respect,
    dark_shadows
    Last edited by dark_shadows; 02-12-2008 at 01:50 AM.

I pray they find this young man safe.

I hope and pray that Nicholas is found safe. Does anyone know if he had friends that also stayed during winter break? Does anyone know what state of mind this young man had? How was he doing in school? Did he have any outside activities like ice skating at the local lake or anything?

Lion

Red face Search for Missing Student

Search for Missing Student

Middlebury, Vermont - February 11, 2008
    Middlebury College students returned to campus Monday for the first day of the spring semester to news that one of their classmates was missing.

"There's quite a lot of concern among students," said Tim Spears, dean of the college. "They're worried about where Nicholas might be. They'd like to see him again."

Nicholas Garza

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=7856207
    Last edited by vermontn03; 02-12-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: to big

Red face Frantic Search for Missing Student

Frantic Search for Missing Student

Middlebury, Vermont - February 12, 2008
    A frantic search is under way at Middlebury College as crews try to find clues regarding the suspicious disappearance of a student-- before a major snowstorm hits.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=7859850

Last nights & this afternoons video
    http://www.wcax.com/global/video/pop...0&rnd=78228430

My very dearest Vermontn03,

Thank-you so much for your posts. You did a great job.

I am very happy to see you here. I am also very happy to see you on the other threads on this site.

Dearest ST,

An update for you;

Well I just got home from work a short time ago and watched our local news on WPTZ at 5pm. On it they stated that Nicholas was at a social function in a dorm room on tuesday Feb 5th. His friend could not find him the next day on thursday and contacted the campus officials. Apparently the officials thought that Nick had gone somewhere for the rest of the vacation break. His friend did not think that was true and neither did his parents. His parents reported Nick missing this past sunday.
    Also on the news tonight, they stated that at 6pm tonight they are going to air a broadcast from their sister station in New Mexico.

Here is the link to that station in New Mexico;

WKOB4 Vermont sister station. Click here for ther story link for Nicholas

There is also video of the story on the link.

Much Respect,
    dark_shadows

My dearest ds:

Has it been reported at what time was the last time that anyone saw Nick, at this "social gathering"????

I'm thinking pure "party" on time at the campus with friends. My son also said the samet thing happens on his campus when there is a "break".

If I am behind on the news here...........so sorry!!!

Hugs...........(next time I will hit the "post reply" instead of the "post quick reply", so I can send hugs and kisses!

Oh no, not another one. I hope he is found safe and soon. Has the bad storm hit yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    My dearest ds:

Has it been reported at what time was the last time that anyone saw Nick, at this "social gathering"????

I'm thinking pure "party" on time at the campus with friends. My son also said the samet thing happens on his campus when there is a "break".

If I am behind on the news here...........so sorry!!!

Hugs...........(next time I will hit the "post reply" instead of the "post quick reply", so I can send hugs and kisses!

My very sweet Littledeer,

Hugs, kisses and much Love to you my friend!
    There was a party in a dorm room on campus that night. When Nick's friend did not hear from him the next day, he notified campus officials. They stated that they believed that he had just left campus for thr vacation break. Nick's mother stated that she was always in contact with her son and that he had no plans of going anywhere.The same that his friend stated, his friend knew that he was not going anywhere and that is why he notified officials the day after the party. The people at the party have been interviewed.

Please tell your son that it is very much appreciated that is giving his thoughts on this case.

Our local news is on again in a few minutes and I will let you know what they say.

So much Love and Respect for you,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Oh no, not another one. I hope he is found safe and soon. Has the bad storm hit yet?
    My very dearest Taximom,

It is going to hit here around 8pm tonight. Then we are getting another after that.

It is always a pleasure to see you and thank-you so much for your post.

So much Love and Respect for you,
    dark_shadows

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast