1154 users online (246 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Aretha at Grammys: Not Feeling the R-E-S-P-E-C-T

When Beyoncé and Tina Turner hit the Grammy stage for their high-octane duet on Sunday, most observers were left in awe. But the woman known as the "Queen of Soul" was left in a state of dismay over Beyoncé's introducing Turner as "the Queen."

Clearly offended, Aretha Franklin says in a statement, "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy. In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and the voting academy for my 20th Grammy and love to Beyoncé anyway."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177766,00.html

This seems a bit petty, to me.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

One is the Queen of Rock 'n Roll. The other is the Queen of Soul. There is room for more than one queen. We love both of them in this household. My husband especially loves Aretha. She has our r-e-s-p-e-c-t!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    When Beyoncé and Tina Turner hit the Grammy stage for their high-octane duet on Sunday, most observers were left in awe. But the woman known as the "Queen of Soul" was left in a state of dismay over Beyoncé's introducing Turner as "the Queen."

Clearly offended, Aretha Franklin says in a statement, "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy. In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and the voting academy for my 20th Grammy and love to Beyoncé anyway."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177766,00.html

Aretha Franklin is THE QUEEN, sorry ladys........

Yeah, DRAMA Queen apparently. To be so upset over something so frivilous is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Yeah, DRAMA Queen apparently. To be so upset over something so frivilous is sad.
    For sure. I think Beyonce was just trying to show respect to the elder singer.

Wink

How old are you Paladin and are you a he or she? tks...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post
    How old are you Paladin and are you a he or she? tks...
    Not that it matters, but I'm 28, and I'm a MAN, baby!

Aretha needs to get over herself. She's done this at least once before at an awards show. She needs to retire or be quiet. I've loved her music for years, but her attitude su*ks.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Aretha needs to get over herself. She's done this at least once before at an awards show. She needs to retire or be quiet. I've loved her music for years, but her attitude su*ks.
    Maybe next year she can hang out with Kanye. They can both be the divas they are together.

Oh girl, you are so right.
    They'll make quite the pair.

Petty for sure. It's not like these "title's" are official anyway. Aretha should just be glad that she has any relevance at all.

I'm just wondering which Queen gets the King of Pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I'm just wondering which Queen gets the King of Pop?
    There would be a beheading, I think...

And then to issue a statement over it? Build a bridge and get over it, honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    And then to issue a statement over it? Build a bridge and get over it, honey!
    Heehee! My daughter says: cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it!