Aretha at Grammys: Not Feeling the R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Dark Knight

Reaction score
When Beyoncé and Tina Turner hit the Grammy stage for their high-octane duet on Sunday, most observers were left in awe. But the woman known as the "Queen of Soul" was left in a state of dismay over Beyoncé's introducing Turner as "the Queen."

Clearly offended, Aretha Franklin says in a statement, "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy. In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and the voting academy for my 20th Grammy and love to Beyoncé anyway."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177766,00.html

This seems a bit petty, to me.

One is the Queen of Rock 'n Roll. The other is the Queen of Soul. There is room for more than one queen. :) We love both of them in this household. My husband especially loves Aretha. She has our r-e-s-p-e-c-t!!

When Beyoncé and Tina Turner hit the Grammy stage for their high-octane duet on Sunday, most observers were left in awe. But the woman known as the "Queen of Soul" was left in a state of dismay over Beyoncé's introducing Turner as "the Queen."

Clearly offended, Aretha Franklin says in a statement, "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy. In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and the voting academy for my 20th Grammy and love to Beyoncé anyway."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177766,00.html

:blowkiss:Aretha Franklin is THE QUEEN, sorry ladys........

Yeah, DRAMA Queen apparently. To be so upset over something so frivilous is sad.

Aretha needs to get over herself. She's done this at least once before at an awards show. She needs to retire or be quiet. I've loved her music for years, but her attitude su*ks.

Aretha needs to get over herself. She's done this at least once before at an awards show. She needs to retire or be quiet. I've loved her music for years, but her attitude su*ks.

Maybe next year she can hang out with Kanye. They can both be the divas they are together. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh girl, you are so right. :clap:
They'll make quite the pair.:crazy:

Petty for sure. It's not like these "title's" are official anyway.:rolleyes: Aretha should just be glad that she has any relevance at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back