TX TX - Houston, Peach St, BlkFem 20-35, 475UFTX, 4-Inch Afro, space b/w top front incisors, Aug'81

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Unidentified Person's Details

Date Picture Updated: 1/24/2006
u04-08-003.jpg

Case Number: U0408003
Agency: Harris County Medical Examiner
Date Found: 8/7/1981
Estimated
Date of Death: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Weight: 125 lbs. - 135 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA
Clothing: Unknown
Miscellaneous:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0408003
---
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 1/6/2003
M9811002.jpg

Name: Jennifer Joyce Barton AKA: J.J. Barton
Case Number: M9811002
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Austin (Travis County)
Last Seen on: 5/31/1976
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 5/31/1955
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Barton has a light and freckled complexion and she has a scar on the calf of her right leg. She was last seen wearing a burgandy body suit, blue jeans and sandals.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M1/6/200312:36:03PM'

I agree, I think you could be onto something with this match R. Knowley.

It does look like it could be a match, definately report it.

To the investigating officer of Jane Doe "Princess Blue" write of the Missing J. Barton Description where it can be found.
To the Investigating officer of "missing Person" write of the "Princess Blue"Jane Doe" descriptions where it can be found.
Any responces?

This is my first time posting on this site so please forgive me if i'm doing anything wrong. I have lurked on this site for a while and really appreciate what you do to help solve these cases.

Anyway to the matter at hand. I would like some input on this possible match:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_naomi.html

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0408003

To me there does seem to be a striking resemblance. Ms Wilson goes missing in April the body is found four months later. Age is within tolerance, height and weight slightly off but still pretty close. What do some of the more senior members here think about this? Thanks.

Welcome to Websleuths, ruefulquixote.

Good find!! - This is a pretty good possible for your first try. The facial resemblance is spot-on, and I see nothing that would raise any doubts.

Here is the Doe page on the UID.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/475uftx.html

I can't find the case in NamUs, nor can I find any indication that the UID's DNA profile is in CODIS.

I wish there was a little more on the circumstances of death to look at, but they don't say much about it.

Here is the side-by-side.

wilson_naomi.jpg
475UFTX.jpg

I think you should definitely call it in. The Texas Dept of Public Safety is one of the better-organized operations for handling tips from the public, so I am sure that you will find them very receptive. They have a team of analysts who are each assigned a caseload of UID cases, and I am sure that you will find it very simple to deal with them. (Unlike some places where they practically yawn at you over the phone.)

If you need any help with the process, or don't feel comfortable calling it in, I or one of the other members would be glad to help you with it.

While I had the analyst on the phone about the MickeyTatt woman, I asked her who the analyst was for this case. She told me that the analyst's name is Melanie Schramm.

I didn't submit the case because I thought it would be preferable to allow ruefulquixote at least the opportunity to submit his/her own find if he/she wishes.

Thank you very much CarlK90245. Go ahead and submit it, you seem to be a little more experienced at this than I.

I have lived in Cedar Rapids (where the women is missing from) for fours years and I was born in 1981 (the year she went missing) so this missing persons case kind of stuck in my mind after I saw it. Then a month or two ago I saw the UID from Houston and knew I had to at least get someones opinion on it.

Thank you for your assistance and please keep us updated with whatever comes of it.

Wow! Great job! Looks like the same person to me!
I sure hope you are going to stick around and work on more of these ruefulquixote!

I just called it in. Melanie will keep me posted on any developments.

Just received this update from Melanie. (she forwarded to me the communication to her from Iowa Missing Persons Information Center):

Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 9:01 AM
To: Schramm, Melanie
Subject: RE: Naomi Wilson

Good morning, Melanie.
I do not have any dental records in the MPIC file. I will check with the supervisor in charge of the investigative file room to see if there is perhaps a file for Ms. Wilson there. Will let you know if I find out anything further.
Sincerely,
Linda Mason
Missing Person Information Clearinghouse / ICAC
Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation​

I called Melanie Schramm to see if she had any updates on this case. She said that Iowa never responded to her last inquiry, so she suggested that I personally call Linda Mason of the Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse.

I did so, and spoke with Linda. She says that they were unable to locate any dental records on Naomi Wilson. I asked her if there were any attempts to locate family members for any other reference samples, and she said no. They would have to contact the local LE agency to see if they can contact family members to get a reference sample, but they have not done that yet.

I don’t know if that necessarily means that she intends to do that anytime soon, but I didn’t press. But nevertheless, they haven’t moved anywhere on this case in the last month.

Kinda annoying, as this looks like such a strong possible. I will keep calling every now and then though to keep this case in the front of their consciousness.

Just received another update from Melanie Schramm from Texas DPS.

Your call did some good b/c she just emailed the officer for dna ref samples and cc’d me. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back