539 users online (56 members and 483 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376

    Jane Fonda's Big Mouth Gets Her in Trouble Again

    Jane Fonda, who at 70 should know better, drops the C word on national television this morning on the Today show with Meredith Viera.

    NBC apologizes.

    They are getting really good at it.

    http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/14/jane-f...snt-into-cu-t/

    http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/0...day_show_w.php

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...qbAqQD8UQ8QMG0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Cracked me up. You almost never hear 70-year olds saying the "C" word!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Jane Fonda, who at 70 should know better, drops the C word on national television this morning on the Today show with Meredith Viera.

    NBC apologizes.

    They are getting really good at it.

    http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/14/jane-f...snt-into-cu-t/

    http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/0...day_show_w.php

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...qbAqQD8UQ8QMG0
    Holy crap! I hope the FCC fines her BIG time. There are children watching in the morning!


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,248

    Wink

    Never been a fan of hers.
    And not going to touch this with a ten foot pole....
    Just shows again, she has NO class......

  5. #5
    i think they're making too much out of it, imo....big deal

    The slip prompted Meredith Vieira to issue an apology, stating, "We were talking about 'The Vagina Monologues' and Jane Fonda inadvertently said a word from the play that you don't say on television
    http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/0...day_show_w.php

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the holla
    Posts
    2,065
    LOL! I agree with Jeana!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post
    Never been a fan of hers.
    And not going to touch this with a ten foot pole....
    Just shows again, she has NO class......
    Your second sentence is just begging for another play on words re: this topic! I'm so bad.

    I think the older you get, the less your brain filters out what shouldn't be said. I've seen this with a lot of senior citizens I've been with. Maybe that's what happened with Jane. No excuses for it, just saying.

    Maybe it's time for NBC to work with a 7-second time delay or something. Didn't another female movie star say the F word just last month during an NBC interview?

    O/T But I hope I look like her when I'm 70. Sheesh.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Oh, see, now I just saw that it was about the V monologues... Still there are young kids toddling around during those early hours! lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post
    Never been a fan of hers.
    And not going to touch this with a ten foot pole....
    Just shows again, she has NO class......
    I so agree.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Children have no business watching news programs like that anyway, IMO. I think it was an innocent slip - c**t was the name of the monologue she was asked to do. Meridith's face in the clip cracks me up!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Cracked me up. You almost never hear 70-year olds saying the "C" word!!!
    LOL! Me too

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Just watched the video. What an idiot! It just goes to show that actors usually only sound intelligent when someone else writes their words!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    I really cannot see what is the big deal. She was invited onto the Today show to talk about her new role in "The Vagina Monologues". Her monologue is titled "C***." In her enthusiasm talking about her role in this award-winning and very popular play in which all kinds of slang words for woman's anatomy are blunty and openly used, she mentions the word around which her monologue revolves. She didn't call somebody a C***. Yes, it is too bad that it slipped out but it was an innocent mistake and hardly worth the outcry.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Cracked me up. You almost never hear 70-year olds saying the "C" word!!!
    I don't know, I heard my mom saying a lot of things I never thought she would say. But, after I read the article it was stated that was the name of the monologue so she may not have been politically correct but she was accurate.

    We just need to cut Jane some slack. Kids shouldn't be viewing news programs anyway. Much too disheartening for them to start their day.

    I think in some instances that older people have a G.A.S. that is broken and just want to shake up the rest.Not saying this is the case but Jane isn't known for being reticent. LOL!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    I don't know, I heard my mom saying a lot of things I never thought she would say. But, after I read the article it was stated that was the name of the monologue so she may not have been politically correct but she was accurate.

    We just need to cut Jane some slack. Kids shouldn't be viewing news programs anyway. Much too disheartening for them to start their day.

    I think in some instances that older people have a G.A.S. that is broken and just want to shake up the rest.Not saying this is the case but Jane isn't known for being reticent. LOL!
    I hope I live long enough so that I can say anything I want and people just have to put up with me because I'm a senior citizen.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 422
    Last Post: 11-19-2017, 05:09 PM
  2. Peter Fonda discovers a dead body
    By Nancy2441 in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM