1000 users online (213 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Exclamation Metal found in Valentine's Day lollipops

What appeared to be metal fragments were found Thursday in Valentine's Day lollipops at an elementary school, and the product has been pulled from the shelves of thousands of stores across the country.

At least 20 apparently tainted lollipops, from a bag of Pokemon Valentine Cards and Pops, were found at Kathleen Elementary School in Lakeland, Polk County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Carrie Rodgers said.

On Wednesday, Lisa Potter in nearby Mulberry told authorities she found a lollipop with a blade-like piece of metal in it in a bag of the same product.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office issued a safety advisory and the Dollar Store chain removed the product, sold in bags of 10, from its more than 8,000 stores nationwide.

Potter said her bag was purchased at a Dollar General store last week.
    Dollar General, headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tenn., also pulled another Sherwood Brands product, Dog Artlist Collection Valentine Cards and Pops, from shelves. A store chain spokeswoman, Tawn Earnest, said no other pieces of metal have been found in the manufacturer's products.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/ap_on_re_us/candy_blade&printer=1;_ylt=AsWqv_NPbABaYx7oGIiOFYZ H2ocA

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Hmmm...I wonder where this candy was made...let's see...

(from a different article)

"Judd said the two tainted lollipops were purchased from different Dollar General stores near Lakeland. He said the lollipops did not appear to be tampered with and it appeared the metal was baked into the candy in China, where it was produced."

It was made in China, whaddya know!