KY KY - Pat Hubbard, 53, Louisville, Feb 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://www.wlky.com/news/15302263/detail.html

14 Feb 08

Metro Police are searching for a 53-year-old Louisville woman who has been missing since Saturday.

Pat Hubbard's family is worried she might be in danger.

She was last seen some time Saturday near her home off of Dixie Highway.

Metro Police homicide detectives said they have spoken to Hubbard's husband as part of their investigation. They confirm she had a domestic violence order out against him that required no unlawful contact.

However, they are not naming him as a suspect because they don't yet have proof a crime happened.

Pat Hubbard is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds.

She was last seen wearing jeans and a pink sweater.

If you have any information, you can call police on their anonymous tip line at 574-LMPD.

more at link

pic
15303086_240X180.jpg

(Note: Bolding is mine. Hoppy)

Missing Woman's Husband Found Dead

POSTED: 3:35 pm EDT May 27, 2008
UPDATED: 4:01 pm EDT May 27, 2008

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville Metro police are investigating the suspicious death of a man whose wife has been missing for several months.

Investigators discovered the body of 44-year-old Bradley Hubbard Jr. in the 4400 block of Lees Lane Tuesday morning.

The coroner said the cause of Hubbard's death is still pending.

Homicide detectives wouldn't comment on Hubbard's death.

Hubbard's wife, Pat, disappeared from their Dixie Highway home in February. Police believe she is dead, but haven't found her body.

http://www.wlky.com/news/16405197/detail.html

I went back to look at this case because I was born and raised in Louisville KY. If you look at a map, Pat Hubbard lived (in one of the articles) on Dunkirk Ln.

Dunkirk Ln is in what is called the Valley Station area, in fact it's closer to Kosmosdale than Valley Station.

I do not think he would have gone in that direction to dispose of her but it's very well possible, in that, it's not a very populated area.

I would think if he killed her at their home, he would have left his neighborhood via Watson Lane and traveled towards Lower River Rd. There is some open area there he could have put her. Or he could have dumped her in the river. But there would have been a better chance for her to turn up.

Now if we look at her husband's death, he was found in the 4400 Block of Lees lane. I wonder what he was doing there? Was he found in a home or was he laying out in one of the fields past that block of Lees lane as it heads down towards the river?

I did a street view of Lees Lane, and being familiar with Louisville (even though I haven't lived there in over 16 years) this area is not one that you go into if you dont' belong there. You would be noticed almost immediately. It's not just somewhere you would drive to in a meandering fashion. She would not be located there, I don't believe because it's quite a drive from Valley Station to Lees Lane.

As for where they lived, we lived out there when I was a young kid, in fact just a few blocks over. That too is a closed kind of neighborhood, but you could move in and out without drawing too much attention to yourself. Lower income working class families.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17354925/family-seeks-help-in-cold-case-disappearance-of-mother

Updated: Apr 06, 2012 6:17 PM

He told us, the whole situation is just sad, "We have no closure and we don't have the ability to say, this is what happened."

Again, the family is certain someone in the area knows what happened to their mom.

They ask anyone with information to call the anonymous police tip line 574-LMPD to provide them some peace and Patricia Hubbard a proper goodbye.

(He= her son speaking to media)

203c.png
Cold Case Missing Person
203c.png

Louisville, Kentucky
Patricia Hubbard
Missing Since: 02/09/2008
Sex: Female
Race: White
Date of Birth: 05/13/1954 (67)
Height and Weight: 5'6 - 5'7, 120 - 130 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description:
A pink sweater and blue jeans.
Medical Conditions
Hubbard is classified as disabled. She limps due to an old knee injury, uses a cane and can't walk very far. Her cane was left behind.
Distinguishing Characteristics:
Caucasian female. Blonde hair. Patricia's nickname is Pat. She has a scar on her left knee. She injured her shoulder as a child and this may be apparent in an x-ray.
Details of Disappearance:
Patricia was last seen at her home in the 7300 block of Dunkirk Lane, off Dixie Highway in Louisville, Kentucky on February 9, 2008. Her husband says he left their residence for a short time and when he returned, Patricia was gone. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing the following day.
Patricia and her husband, Bradley Hubbard Jr., had a history of domestic violence in their marriage, and Bradley was charged with terroristic threatening after he allegedly said he would kill her. She had filed for emergency protection orders against him in 2000, 2004 and 2006, and another woman sought a similar order against him in 2007
Bradley was the last person to see his wife, but he has not been named as a suspect in Patricia's case. By the time she went missing they had reconciled and she didn't have any outstanding protective orders against him. No weapon and no indications of a struggle were found inside the Hubbards' home.
Bradley's body was found in a field in the 4400 block of Lees Lane in May 2008, three months after Patricia disappeared. He was 44 years old when he died. His death was ruled a suicide by overdose.
It is uncharacteristic of Patricia to leave without warning or to miss work. Her son describes her as a compassionate and religious woman who frequently volunteered in the local community. Her disappearance remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.
2139.png
Investigating Agency: Louisville Metropolitan Police Department 502-574-5673
SOURCE:
https://charleyproject.org/case/patricia-hubbard

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads