485 users online (59 members and 426 guests)  

Websleuths News

Papillion Nebraska

NE - Michael O'Connor, 41, Omaha, 12 Feb 2007

It has been a year ago since an Omaha man disappeared. Omaha police are asking for the public's help finding a 40-year-old man last seen 1 year ago.

Michael O'Connor left for his job, near 13th and Farnam Streets, but never arrived, and no one has been able to locate him.
    O'Connor suffers from migraine headaches.
    Anyone who believes that they have seen him or knows where O'Connor may be should call police at 444-5818.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 12, 2007 from Omaha, Nebraska
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth:
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 250 lbs
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Race: White
    Clothing: Gray hooded jacket, bright blue Columbia
    jacket and a tan polo shirt

Michael O'Connor ordered lunch at an Old Market restaurant on the day he disappeared Scott Gavin, owner of Little King Restaurant at 12th and Howard Streets, said two of his employees remember serving the 40-year-old man on Feb. 12, just hours after he failed to report to work.

His family officially reported him missing the next day.

O'Connor drove his wife, Connie, to work about 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 12 and about 90 minutes later parked his car in a garage near 13th and Farnam Streets.

A videotape shows him leaving the parking garage. But he never arrived at his job in vocational rehabilitation with the Nebraska Department of Education.

His wife of seven years hasn't seen or heard from him since.

"I'm kind of taking it day by day," said Connie, who hasn't returned to work since her husband's disappearance. "I just want to make sure that he's safe. If he decided to leave, I still want to know that he's safe."

Gavin described O'Connor as a regular customer.

"All of us know him," Gavin said. "He came in, got his Royal Treat, his drink and off he goes. We're not quite figuring this one out because he's very consistent. You could set your watch to the guy."

Gavin said O'Connor always ordered his lunch to go. His employees didn't notice anything out of the ordinary the last time they served him.

"He's a good guy and good customer," Gavin said. "He was very polite, easy-going, very regular. He visited a lot of restaurants in the Old Market on a regular basis."

O'Connor is described as being 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds. He wears glasses and has a mustache and chin beard.

The Omaha Police Department said today that authorities haven't received any new leads in the case.

NE - Omaha, Skeletal Remains Found, Feb'08 - Michael O’Connor

A passerby found the remains in a space underneath Veterans Memorial bridge. An autopsy was performed, yet it could not be determined the cause of death, or the sex.

Last edited by Cubby; 02-01-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: to add

From this link:

This "Tests on the gender of the remains were inconclusive." is weird to me... it makes me think the bones were old enough that DNA could not be extracted from them. I hope they're able to establish an identity.

He was found deceased

Papillion Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
    I heard about them finding a body underneath the bridge but had no idea it was Michael. That's very sad I feel very bad for his family. I would think that he met with foul play some how. Of course none of this makes sense unless he had his suicide planned for the day he left. I always thought it was so strange that he just disappeared. At least now they know where he is so they can hopefully find closure.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    But the mystery remains as to what happened to him.

The call came in to police just after 2 p.m. Sunday. Someone found the bones near Gibson Road and Missouri Avenue, police said. They were found in a space under Veterans Memorial Bridge in south Omaha, which is filled with construction equipment and caution tape during bridge work.

"A passer-by actually found the skull and called and let us know about it," said Lt. Darci Tierney of the Omaha Police Department. "When officers got there, they found a skull as well as some skeletal remains. We don't know how long the remains have been there."

He was identified:
    Omaha Police disclosed Monday the human remains found near the Veterans Memorial Bridge February 17th have been identified as an Omaha man missing for a year.

Michael O’Connor was 40 years old when last seen on video surveillance walking from a garage at 13th and Farnam on February 12, 2007.

He had dropped his wife off at work and then headed to his own job at Vocational Rehabilitation where he'd been employed for three years. He routinely parked at that garage at 13th and Farnam.

O'Connor never showed up to work that day, but several hours later he bought a sandwich at an Old Market restaurant, something else he routinely did

up north

Bones Found Under Bridge Identified

POSTED: 5:42 pm CST February 25, 2008
    UPDATED: 11:14 am CST February 26, 2008

OMAHA, Neb. -- A man reported missing a year ago was identified on Monday as remains found under an Omaha bridge last week.

Wow...it took them 3 years to find a body under the bridge? Something seems odd about that..
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

Papillion Nebraska
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Wow...it took them 3 years to find a body under the bridge? Something seems odd about that..
    No it took them a year to find him. I thought he committed suicide by jumping into the Missouri river but I reread the article and found out I was mistaken. It still makes me wonder what happened to him. It doesn't make sense that's for sure and to make matters worse the autopsy was inconclusive. He did try killing himself years before that. I'd like to know how he chose the spot he did to committed suicide IF that's what happened.