NY - Murat St Hilaire, 55, found murdered, Brooklyn, 13 Feb 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
How horrible.

An 11-year-old Brooklyn girl made a gruesome discovery Thursday at her father's home. Murat Saint Hilaire, 55, was found lying lifeless on his bedroom floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, he had a corkscrew lodged in his head, WABC New York reports.
The girl, whose name was not released, went with her mother to check on Hilaire because they were worried about him. They had not heard from the father of six for days and he had missed work, WABC New York reports.
The girl's mother, Carline Renelique, says her daughter will never be the same.
"She said, 'Mommy, daddy's dead,'" Renelique told WABC New York. "'Mommy, daddy got stabbed.'"
Hilaire's family is searching for answers.
The suspect is still at large and the family is urging anyone with information to call the police, WABC New York reports.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330771,00.html

How horrible.

An 11-year-old Brooklyn girl made a gruesome discovery Thursday at her father's home. Murat Saint Hilaire, 55, was found lying lifeless on his bedroom floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, he had a corkscrew lodged in his head, WABC New York reports.
The girl, whose name was not released, went with her mother to check on Hilaire because they were worried about him. They had not heard from the father of six for days and he had missed work, WABC New York reports.
"She said, 'Mommy, daddy's dead,'" Renelique told WABC New York. "'Mommy, daddy got stabbed.'"
The suspect is still at large and the family is urging anyone with information to call the police, WABC New York reports.

A corkscrew as in a wine bottle corkscrew? How on EARTH??? :confused: :confused:

Maria

I'm trying to imagine a corkscrew in a skull. It seems like the coroner would be able to tell if it was actually screwed in or if he fell on it, right? Heck, my corkscrews barely get through the cork-how would they get through someone's skull?

WEIRD.

Skulls are pretty strong; i doubt a fall would have done it, for it to be impacted in the skull there would have to be a lot of force behind it.

I'm trying to imagine a corkscrew in a skull. It seems like the coroner would be able to tell if it was actually screwed in or if he fell on it, right? Heck, my corkscrews barely get through the cork-how would they get through someone's skull?

WEIRD.

Yes, that's my point. DH paid over $175 for a state of the art electronic wine bottle opener machine thing, because corkscrews, even the priciest ones, were always hard to push through the cork stoppers of good wines, and usually did leave some cork residue in the wine. Some ( really good) vineyards have gone to a non- cork stopper because of the cork fragmentation. I don't drink and he isn't home or I would ask him what the substance the wineries are using in many cases now. It feels like a slightly spongy acrylic polymer.
Anyway-HOW could a corkscrew kill a person? :eek:

Maybe the man was killed via a different method and the corkscrew was stuck in his head as a " FU" statement.
Or maybe when they are saying " corkscrew", they mean some other kind of corkscrew implement. I know there is a corkscrew drill bit...

Maria

Did they find her together? The mom and daughter? I understand they both went to check on him, but not sure if they both came upon his body at the same time.

The first linked article does say he was murdered. From the context of it, it sounds as if the daughter happened upon him first (probably bounded in the house, the mother behind her).
My prayers for that little girl and her family, it's going to be hard on her, and to erase the image out of her head.. Lord..

The daughter finds her dead father?
The mother doesn't go in with the child or ahead of the child? If not, something about this story smells funny.

That poor child..

"His daughter, Tangeel, regrets an argument they had.
"I'm sorry because I didn't get to say I'm sorry or let's put this aside," she said. "You can't hold grudges too long. You don't know when that person is going to die."
Link:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=5957029

I really hope and pray that the poor girl can get therapy, as serious issues can arise from this in the long run. Two of my brothers (grown age) had a fight and one had died and they had never reconciled; the one living is a raging alcholic/messed up. I really hope this child can get some good help for this, i feel for her, i really do..

How horrible.

Hi I am the daughter of Murat Sthilaire that found him dead. Till this day I am still traumatized and emotionally distressed. I struggled to find peace everyday but prayer has been keeping me sane. Thank you for sharing my story

Oh God, that poor child, she's going to be traumatized..
Hi I am the daughter of Murat Sthilaire that found him dead. Till this day I am still traumatized and emotionally distressed. I struggled to find peace everyday but prayer has been keeping me sane. Thank you for sharing my story

How horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back