laptop accessories

gardenmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I posted this in the jury room, but I will try here too for you techies.

I got a new laptop for Christmas and I just got a $150 gift card from Dell to buy some accessories. I want to buy a cooling fan/mat and a laptop pillow. I want to know if the two are compatible. Can I put the laptop on the mat and then put them on top the pillow? I don't see why not, but my DH keeps telling me "it defeats the purpose." He thinks all I need is the pillow, but I have been using a regular pillow at home and my lap still gets warm. In the summer I think I would be very uncomfortable. I have already bought a mouse and lap top bag. I am thinking of buying a neoprine case to put it in, but I'm not sure I'd use it since I already have the bag. I was thinking that if I travel it might be easier to use the neoprine case because I could stow it in the seat back of the car or plane (not that I travel by plane very often). Is there anything you have for your laptops that you cannot live without? I want to spend my money wisely.

Another thing I want is a good card maker/graphics programs. I want to be able to make cards and add pictures to newsletters and the like. Any suggestions?

I posted this in the jury room, but I will try here too for you techies.

I got a new laptop for Christmas and I just got a $150 gift card from Dell to buy some accessories. I want to buy a cooling fan/mat and a laptop pillow. I want to know if the two are compatible. Can I put the laptop on the mat and then put them on top the pillow? I don't see why not, but my DH keeps telling me "it defeats the purpose." He thinks all I need is the pillow, but I have been using a regular pillow at home and my lap still gets warm. In the summer I think I would be very uncomfortable. I have already bought a mouse and lap top bag. I am thinking of buying a neoprine case to put it in, but I'm not sure I'd use it since I already have the bag. I was thinking that if I travel it might be easier to use the neoprine case because I could stow it in the seat back of the car or plane (not that I travel by plane very often). Is there anything you have for your laptops that you cannot live without? I want to spend my money wisely.

Another thing I want is a good card maker/graphics programs. I want to be able to make cards and add pictures to newsletters and the like. Any suggestions?

I just bought a laptop this past summer and the paperwork recommended not putting it on a pillow or setting it on a couch because the pillow/couch blocks the airflow the laptop needs for cooling itself. I have been thinking of getting a "mat" too, but haven't really investigated them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back