CANADA Canada - William Pilkenton, 8, Tofino BC, Feb 2008 - From Bellingham WA

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.katu.com/news/local/15677612.html

16 Feb 08

TOFINO, British Columbia - A huge search for a young Bellingham boy amid the rocky shores and forests of Canada's Vancouver Island was called off as darkness fell Saturday. The search will resume Sunday morning.

The boy, William Pilkenton, 8, was last seen Friday at about 10 a.m. playing on a rocky beach near Tofino, on Vancouver Island's western coast. His father turned his attention away for a few minutes and when he turned back, the boy was gone.

and

Some people reported seeing the boy in town after he disappeared, but searchers hadn't ruled out the possibility he might have been swept into the water.

Authorities said it also was possible he could be lost in the nearby forest or was the victim of foul play.

"He was about 40 feet from the water's edge. We're really hoping he wandered off into the woods," said Sgt. Dave Lucas of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

"No signs, no witnesses, no footprints, no concrete evidence of him being in town," said Garth Cameron of Westcoast Inland Search and Rescue.

and

The boy was wearing a red jacket, multicolored fleece, blue jeans and black rubber boots.

Search volunteers were told William suffers from attention deficit disorder and that he did take his regular medication this morning.

much more at link

pic
080216_william_pilkenton.jpg

Oh, what a cute kid. I pray he's found safe and sound and just wandered off and got lost.

Tofino is beautiful but I find it a strange time of year to travel there, it's very cold and rainy. They would have had to cross the US/Can border, take a ferry and then drive for hours.... seems a bit much considering the time of year.

Also the beaches are massive, why would his dad leave him alone when he was close to a dangerous area....

I hope I'm wrong and he's found safe but I have a bad feeling there is more to the story

Tofino is an amazing community and a big tourist draw come spring and major in the summer, I'm sure everything possible is being done to find him.

Jubie

Search for missing Wash. boy to resume Sunday

TOFINO, British Columbia - A huge search for a young Bellingham boy amid the rocky shores and forests of Canada's Vancouver Island was called off as darkness fell Saturday. The search will resume Sunday morning.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/15677612.html

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gxvt4vUoFXo7umbkkWoMtk5_rrLQ

28 Feb 08

Two weeks after a seven-year-old boy vanished from the shores of Tofino, B.C., on the west coast of Vancouver Island, searchers still hope to recover his body.

RCMP Sgt. Dave Lucas said a police helicopter and boat will scan the shores in the coming days for William Pilkenton of Bellingham, Wash.

Lucas said members hope to provide some closure to Pilkenton's parents and younger brother, who returned home earlier this week.

"I think they're starting to accept what we believe has happened," Lucas said.

Pilkenton went missing from the rocks above Duffin Cove on Feb. 15 - his younger brother's birthday.

Three days later, search and rescue officials said they believed Pilkenton was in the water.

The boy's disappearance prompted one of the largest searches in Tofino's history.

http://www.westcoaster.ca/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=3980

31 March 08

The Tofino RCMP is asking the public to remain alert for signs of a missing seven-year-old boy from Bellingham, Wash.

William Pilkenton was last seen walking on a rocky shore above Duffin Cove about 10 a.m. Feb. 15. His father, David, was away from his son for a short time, and when he returned William was gone.

more at link

I suppose there is still a chance he is with someone. I wonder if the police are still looking at that option.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back