Anything New?

proudmomma

R.I.P. Sweet Caylee Marie, You Deserved So Much Be
Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

I'm fairly new here, but, not new to the Routier Case. I was wondering if theres been anything new in her case? This is one case that has perplexed me and Ive been reading it all over again, :crazy:.

Also does anyone want to share their theories on what transpired that night ? I'd love to hear them!

I've always thought Darlie pulled a "Susan Smith". I think she and Darrin had a huge argument and she stewed over it awhile. Then she decided to kill herself and take the children with her. But when it came time, she chickened out at the last second. Ala, "Susan Smith" style.

I've always thought Darlie pulled a "Susan Smith". I think she and Darrin had a huge argument and she stewed over it awhile. Then she decided to kill herself and take the children with her. But when it came time, she chickened out at the last second. Ala, "Susan Smith" style.
Why would someone who wanted to kill themselves slice their throat? That is what gets me about the suicide theory with her. I think she wanted it to look like an intruder if anything, however the evidence proves different.

I was just thinking that maybe that was her original idea, but after she attacked the children, she chickened out and panicked. Then the first thing she thought of was "intruder did it". She does have a history of being quite the drama queen. But it may be just as simple as she wanted attention and wanted to hang on to her lifestyle and that was the plan.

Darlie never thought that her story would not be accepted "at face" value. In her mind, her children were killed and she "was injured" by the intruder, therefore, all the sympathy would be "for her" as the victim of this "vicious" crime that only she survived.

So of course the "intruder" story makes sense in her mind. But when the Police did not accept her "story" at face value and she was contradicted by the evidence, she changes her story and then "cannot remember" the details of the night.

More like she did not want to "paint" herself into a corner to be contradicted yet again and again that sher story was not true.

She is where she belongs, awaiting her date with death.

Can anyone tell me where I can view a floor plan of the Routier home?

Why would someone who wanted to kill themselves slice their throat? That is what gets me about the suicide theory with her. I think she wanted it to look like an intruder if anything, however the evidence proves different.

I think she did it to cover up any of the children's blood on her night shirt and to make it appear she was a victim as well.

That's a good point. And it fits in with her history of "dramatics".

I tend to agree, part of me is swayed (the mommy in me! I have 2 little boys 4 and 6 I just cant imagine harming them.. EVER!) to believe she didn't do this but the evidence (blood,fibers, the knives from the home et cetera) and her much talked about actions and the fact she did NOTHING to help her "babies". I couldn't just stand there and watch the children I gave birth to just pass on :( They would have had to peel my off of them! And of course the silly string tape.. wont go there, I think that speaks for itself :laugh: BUT I also believe Darin helped either murder one of the boys or helped in the "cover up" Just something about him I don't know I've watched several of the interviews he did and he never sat well with me. I bet one of them will break sooner or later. Do you all believe this to be true as well? Do you think Mama Darlie & Sarilda (and the rest of the clan really) KNOW she (& Darin) is really guilty? I could go on :laugh: This forum isn't too busy, huh? Any other forums you know that discuss this case? I'm quite fascinated with this case and the disappearance of Joe Pichler.

Also -- I was interested in reading up again on Darlie does anyone know where I can find MTJD For less than $50 or $80?? :doh:

:)

I tend to agree, part of me is swayed (the mommy in me! I have 2 little boys 4 and 6 I just cant imagine harming them.. EVER!) to believe she didn't do this but the evidence (blood,fibers, the knives from the home et cetera) and her much talked about actions and the fact she did NOTHING to help her "babies". I couldn't just stand there and watch the children I gave birth to just pass on :( They would have had to peel my off of them! And of course the silly string tape.. wont go there, I think that speaks for itself :laugh: BUT I also believe Darin helped either murder one of the boys or helped in the "cover up" Just something about him I don't know I've watched several of the interviews he did and he never sat well with me. I bet one of them will break sooner or later. Do you all believe this to be true as well? Do you think Mama Darlie & Sarilda (and the rest of the clan really) KNOW she (& Darin) is really guilty? I could go on :laugh: This forum isn't too busy, huh? Any other forums you know that discuss this case? I'm quite fascinated with this case and the disappearance of Joe Pichler.

Also -- I was interested in reading up again on Darlie does anyone know where I can find MTJD For less than $50 or $80?? :doh:

:)

I do not believe Darin harmed either of the boys. I believe he became involved after the fact. I believe he was the one who "helped" Darlie with all those mysterious bruises. I honestly feel that Darin and his parents know the truth. I believe Darlie will NEVER EVER OWN UP TO IT!!! So therefore she has continued to profess her innocence to her mother which her mother believes and hey who is to say I would not be the same way if it was my daughter. I can't hold anything against her for that. But I believe deep down her mother must know. I do feel like her sister Dana believes she did it. What ever happened to her? I saw her younger sister that we didn't hear much about on that Death Row for Women but not Dana or Darin.

This is pretty much the only case that I have been able to read everything possible so discuss away...

Did the prosecution ever say why they only charged her with the one murder?

Did the prosecution ever say why they only charged her with the one murder?

Damon being under the age of 6 years (I think that is the age) qualified her for the DP. They also "saved" the other for "just in case" they couldn't get a guilty verdict against her. Then they would of charged her with Devon's.

There are several people who know this stuff so much better than me. I am sure they will correct me if I am wrong but I do believe this was the reason why.

WhityWendy is right. That is why she was only charged with murdering Damon. They wanted to be able to try her again in case of an acquittal in the first trial.

<<where I can find MTJD For less than $50 or $80??>>

What?? Are you kidding me? Are people paying that much for that book? Wow.

<<she changes her story and then "cannot remember" the details of the night.>>

This is one of those things that bugs me the most about Darlie. How can you "not remember" something that horrific? I think that's a lawyer's trick. I would like to know why she came out of the room crying right after taking the polygraph. She obviously didn't pass or it would have leaked. There are so many confusing things about this case, I could go on and on. The sock in the alley.... I think she threw something into the storm sewer and the sock missed. But I just don't know. Also, on the Women on Death Row show, Mama Darlie was talking about two different knives being used and I heard her mention something about blood spots or something but I didn't catch it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back