GUILTY NY - Peter Munck, 12, murdered, Town of Union, 15 Feb 2008

After reading link, it sounds like an unfortunate accident. John Menard a friend of the older brother Shawn Muncks, stated he was in another room in the house & could hear the boys Peter and Shawn horsing around, they were not fighting. Menard said the brothers had a good relationship. How terribly sad for everyone.

This is such a tragic case, the poor grandmother, i hope she is able to recover from the heart surgery; now she lost both her grandsons (whose parents are in prison); i can only hope the older sister of the boys who is in college in Buffalo can put a hold on her life to help out with the grandmother.
It certainly looks like Shawn will be completing his goal of meeting up with his father (whose already in prison).

"
On his MySpace page, Shawn Munck wrote in 2005, under the heading "who I'd like to meet: The members of HIM (a Finnish metal band) and meet up with my dad once again."
His father, Erik Munck, has been in state prison since 1999, serving a 10- to 12-year sentence for attempted burglary, criminal possession of a weapon and attempted assault."
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/NEWS01/802170354/1006

It says both the boys' parents are in prison; didn't say what the mother was in for.
My heart goes out to the grandmother, it said the younger boy, Peter, was "her life".

Um, what? You do know, there are some who believe they are such things, right? I don't believe they exist, but some do. However, I see *no* indication on that short profile that says he believes he is one. Where do you get that idea?

Says so himself, KatK under his "About Me". He has other Myspace profiles leaning towards he belongs to some secret sect. Honestly, I am sure this has nothing to do with this poor kid being killed. Some wanna be wrestling move I'm thinking. Read in that profile his "About Me", Kat.

What "about me" section? Can you post a large image screenshot? I don't see much at *all* on that page? ETA: What other profiles, also?

What "about me" section? Can you post a large image screenshot? I don't see much at *all* on that page? ETA: What other profiles, also?

What do I look like a computer analyst? LOL I'm messing with ya, Kat. Yes, hold on. I don't know how to post a large image screenhsot though. I'll send ya link that goes to all his profiles, but right there on the left of the page linked under his "About Me" which is on the left of the page is where he makes the claim. I wouldn't make it up, Kat. I wouldn't even use the words "Psychic Vampire". O.K. chica, I'll be back with a link.

"I'm a psychokinetic, which means I move things with my mind. I'm also a PSYCHIC VAMPIRE, which also means I drain psychic energy from others around me". Kat, I believe people can drain other people's energy without even knowing it. This is why I usually sit on a bus or go in large crowds and cover my solar plexus. Seriously, especially elderly people can drain ya. Not purposely of course. I don't know anything about vampires or psychokinetics. I don't even think any of this guy's interest had anything to do with his little brother being killed. Who knows though?

"I'm a psychokinetic, which means I move things with my mind. I'm also a PSYCHIC VAMPIRE, which also means I drain psychic energy from others around me". Kat, I believe people can drain other people's energy without even knowing it. This is why I usually sit on a bus or go in large crowds and cover my solar plexus. Seriously, especially elderly people can drain ya. Not purposely of course. I don't know anything about vampires or psychokinetics. I don't even think any of this guy's interest had anything to do with his little brother being killed. Who knows though?

That's the definition of "psychic vampire" i thought he was implying also; and the only definition i know of it.

OMG! The dude is a geeky gamer! Psionics is a term used in a *LOT* of pen and paper RPGs. One of which is White Wolf's World of Darkness, of which Vampire the Masquerade is a part. One of the Vampire Clans in that game is....Nosferatu. (And a PITA to play on VtM: Bloodlines they are too! You cannot be seen by non-vampires!)

ETA: Now, he might have slipped his moorings also. But, again, games didn't do that to him, he wasn't stable to begin with. Vampires are "cool" right now, remember? I don't think he actually believes that he's the kind of psychic vampire that the book I linked earlier is speaking of. Otherwise, he'd have mentioned it. Oh, and that society, is probably The Temple of the Vampire, and he wouldn't be a member. (A member *would* get the name correct, there are a lot of poser orginizations out there!) I know someone who is (or was last I knew) a member, and they aren't like that. (<- As is clearly spelled out in their laws in that link there.) They don't drink blood. They are focused on gaining personal power, and living this life to its fullest by having full control of your life, they seek self discipline in order to gain this. I'll add, this friend is *HEAVILY* involved in charity work, and probably would be someone you all would greatly admire.

There is also the less credible Order of the Vampyre, but even they don't drink blood I hasten to add. He's a poser! (ETA4: And I see the Order of the Vampyre mentions the Temple of Set. That is Satanist, so he might be wannabe Satanist/Vampire. A true follower of that religion though, WOULDN'T murder, because their goal is to live life to its fullest (they look out for "number one", themselves) and this cannot be done from a jail cell. Frankly though, that Order's page....sounds more than a little round the bend to me. I'd bet a chocolate bar that they've read all of the VtM game manuels and can recite whole passages without blinking. No, I cannot.)

ETA2: And, though my friend wouldn't go into detail much about the Temple's beliefs, he did say it isn't against science, and not like the movies either. Though the Dark Side Vampire page would have you believe otherwise, I don't think they are explaining it fully, to purposely keep superstition alive. They seem to use it as a tool, probably partly to help weed out the posers trying to join.

ETA3: Here (scroll down) is what I believe they mean by the "9 laws of Magic".

He is a murderer and both his parents are in prison!
He should be locked up for life.
Are you saying he's a gamer and his vampire name has to do with the games? Wonder if he's one of the people who play for hours on end?

There's to much about this story for me to think it was all innocent. The 12 year old boy died of internal injuries, he would have had to be in a lot of pain IMO, yet his brother leaves the house totally unaware there was a problem and leaves him alone to die in his bed? 3 days later he's found?
That poor boy :(

VB

Kat, you lost me on that one..
I really feel for his grandmother; they don't want to tell her she was having heart surgery =(

How much pressure would you have to put on someone in order to cause internal injuries? Seems like you would put a foot on someone's middle and put all of your weight on them. A person has to know that they could do some damage. Maybe they were just playing around until he put his total weight on the young boy. If the young boy then just got up and went to bed because he felt sick the friend wouldn't have heard anything aside from them horsing around in the beginning.

I wonder if the older brother was supposed to be watching the younger brother while gramma was having surgery? That would be my guess. Gramma probably thought they would be alright. The neighbor said that the older brother was anti social because of the hood and his never looking at the neighbors or speaking to them. I wonder what other people have to say about his behavior. There are a lot of kids his age around here that wear sweatshirts with the hoods up all of the time but I don't know if that means anything. I also wonder why the older brother left for three days and didn't even check on the younger brother? Did he know he was dead or did he think that he was old enough to stay alone even though gramma must have asked him to look after the younger one? That is a long time to leave a 12 yr old alone.

My heart goes out to the gramma. Look at all that poor woman has been through. I wonder why she changed her last name? The article says that her legal name is the same last name as the boys last name. I hope that she survives her surgery. I'm sure that young boy was her life. What a terrible thing to happen.

<snip>
Are you saying he's a gamer and his vampire name has to do with the games? Wonder if he's one of the people who play for hours on end?

Are you saying playing computer games for hours on end is worse than those who post to crime forums obsessing over the details of crimes for hours and days on end? ;) :twocents: (And I count myself as a crime forum member, but I also sometimes game, sometimes to try to "let go" of the cases that are haunting me, a little escapist, sure, but so would picking up a good book be.)

I was trying to figure out his mentality. Yes, he is a murderer, and yes he should be punished. I was trying to point out that he should not be counted in the number of that religion (heading of any bad press that might go their way, and pointing out that he cannot have been a member of the Temple of the Vampire because they would have sussed out the fact that he's unstable, he wouldn't have known how to hide it or that it showed) because he was a poser. I am also saying that he's mentally unstable, and having the cat unravel his knitting with him thinking his brother did it would have brought the same results. (Whatever hobby he was involved in, he's unstable, whatever religion he was interested in, he's unstable. He could have gone to Catholic Mass every week, and collected stamps and still done this.) Get it?

Are you saying playing computer games for hours on end is worse than those who post to crime forums obsessing over the details of crimes for hours and days on end? ;) :twocents: (And I count myself as a crime forum member, but I also sometimes game, sometimes to try to &quot;let go&quot; of the cases that are haunting me, a little escapist, sure, but so would picking up a good book be.)

I was trying to figure out his mentality. Yes, he is a murderer, and yes he should be punished. I was trying to point out that he should not be counted in the number of that religion (heading of any bad press that might go their way, and pointing out that he cannot have been a member of the Temple of the Vampire because they would have sussed out the fact that he's unstable, he wouldn't have known how to hide it or that it showed) because he was a poser. I am also saying that he's mentally unstable, and having the cat unravel his knitting with him thinking his brother did it would have brought the same results. (Whatever hobby he was involved in, he's unstable, whatever religion he was interested in, he's unstable. He could have gone to Catholic Mass every week, and collected stamps and still done this.) Get it?

I don't know Kat. Seems to be an awful ot of gamers who are vampires commit crimes. I'm just messing with you. I agree. Reading over the information again he had to know something was big time wrong. He left the child alone for three days? He spent all that time at his friends? You'd think with his grandmom in the hospital he'd want to hang out at home, right? Plus didn't the friend question where his little brother was? Maybe the friend knew as well? He messed up big time.

I think if we took the overall amount of gamers out there; there would always be some bad apples, and more of them would be normal folk. It's the individual, not the group. Like Kat said, we all are always posting on here; we all have our little things that keep us busy we like to do. I know some people who are gamers, 2 are a married couple with children and they hold regular jobs and are productive members of society. Their children are well taken care of and far from neglected.
It doesn't matter what this guy was into, it doesn't change the fact he killed his younger brother. We also have to take into account both of his parents are in prison and he had that goal of meeting up with his dad again.
I, too, think it's odd about the friend not knowing exactly what went on, if he were there at the time; different room or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back