866 users online (121 members and 745 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - This Horrid Priest Defrocked

Just thought of this from last week's news after Taximom posted about the "Priest" who has HIV. The Vatican defrocked a Philly priest with a very long and sordid history of sexually assaulting altar boys. The Reverand was good enough to ply the kids with alcohol at least. So, 30 years after the first complaint was lodged against Sicoli they finally cast him out. Guess what? The dude of course don't have to register as a sex offender, and he lives in a condo at a seashore town called Sea Isle City at the Jersey shore. Oh, and it's across from a playground.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...defrocked.html

From your link:
    "This guy was one of the worst abusers and they just continually covered his tracks," Abramowitch said yesterday. "If this guy weren't a priest, he'd be in jail for years. Now they finally defrock him and it really means nothing. This guy is walking around."
    The civil suits brought by Sicoli's victims were dismissed after a judge concluded that the statute of limitations had run out, Abramowitch said."

Boy, if I lived near him you can bet others would know of his existence.

They need to jail them, priest or not, they can't cure them. Usually they move them around to a different church when allegations emerge. A pedophile is a pedophile, i don't care what their career is, they need to be dealt with all the same. Lock them up at the least.

I agree, MeoW333. I don't understand how that is even allowed.

Someone's daughter here made a documentary film about this problem, and I wanted to get it from Netflix. Does anyone remember the thread about that? I'm sorry I can't remember the WSer's name right now.

Totally O/T and sad that I think this way, but they really need to come up with a better word than defrocked. "priests" and "defrocked" have a whole new meaning in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    They need to jail them, priest or not, they can't cure them. Usually they move them around to a different church when allegations emerge. A pedophile is a pedophile, i don't care what their career is, they need to be dealt with all the same. Lock them up at the least.
    He's not a priest anymore, MeoW. Except I think it's like once a priest always a priest. Like Catholics. We can go and practice another religion. Too bad you are still always a Catholic. Sort of like the Mafia ya can't ever get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    From your link:
    "This guy was one of the worst abusers and they just continually covered his tracks," Abramowitch said yesterday. "If this guy weren't a priest, he'd be in jail for years. Now they finally defrock him and it really means nothing. This guy is walking around."
    The civil suits brought by Sicoli's victims were dismissed after a judge concluded that the statute of limitations had run out, Abramowitch said."

Boy, if I lived near him you can bet others would know of his existence.
    Spot on Taximom, but he's a priest. Well was one. The Church helped create this monster so they should be responsible letting people know this creep is out there. IMO, anyway. Half the free world I bet knows where he lives, but vacationers with small children taking them to that playground wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Someone's daughter here made a documentary film about this problem, and I wanted to get it from Netflix. Does anyone remember the thread about that? I'm sorry I can't remember the WSer's name right now.
    Yep, It's Deliver Us from Evil. You can watch it via instant viewing on Netflix. It was a good docu.

Amy Berg, the director, is the daughter in law of Love_Mama.

This is one of the reasons Hubby and I are no longer attending Catholic Mass. I cannot bear to think about the cover up that has allowed children to be raped. I cannot worship, in good faith, at a church who has helped hide these monsters and allowed them to rape and rape again.
    Never again will I set foot into a Catholic church and never again will I give money for the *missions*. I wrote on one church envelope asking if this "African mission included the rape of children and helping the priest get away with it?"
    I got no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama View Post
    Yep, It's Deliver Us from Evil. You can watch it via instant viewing on Netflix. It was a good docu.

Amy Berg, the director, is the daughter in law of Love_Mama.
    Thank you so much, BhamMama!! I'll be watching that next.

pixies, this problem isn't only in the Catholic church. I'm a Lutheran and my own pastor tried stuff with me. I never said a thing until he was clearly outed when I was in my 30's. I knew nobody would believe me against him, so I held it in.

I found out when I was older that he had been transferred here from another church because of his problems. I refuse to let him get in the way of my faith though. The devil's not gonna get me that easy! lol

It is a shame how the churches handle this problem. I do feel the hypocrisy and it makes me sad thinking of all the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    This is one of the reasons Hubby and I are no longer attending Catholic Mass. I cannot bear to think about the cover up that has allowed children to be raped. I cannot worship, in good faith, at a church who has helped hide these monsters and allowed them to rape and rape again.
    Never again will I set foot into a Catholic church and never again will I give money for the *missions*. I wrote on one church envelope asking if this "African mission included the rape of children and helping the priest get away with it?"
    I got no reply.
    Echoing Taximom, pixies. Pedophiles are in every race, creed, color and religion and serving as youth Pastors and the like and when it comes to church everybody gets hidden. It does pull at my heart as I am a Catholic, but again it is not every priest and not every person in the church that hid it.

The Catholic church has a long history of covering this stuff up. A small % of Priests have no business being in that line of work. HBO did a documentary on sexual abuse in the Catholic church and they interviewed psychiatrists who counsel clergy. 5% of priests have admitted to sex with someone under 18. Those are just the ones that admitted to it.

Some of the stuff these priests got away with is just nauseating. Who was the priest that actually owned and operated a gay hotel in CA? He was also recently prosecuted for molestation. He is elderly now. Sick pervert.

Sick, sick SICK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Echoing Taximom, pixies. Pedophiles are in every race, creed, color and religion and serving as youth Pastors and the like and when it comes to church everybody gets hidden. It does pull at my heart as I am a Catholic, but again it is not every priest and not every person in the church that hid it.

Yes, I know BUT very few pedophiles have the VATICAN and the billions of dollars behind them so they can KEEP raping and molesting children. The priests were just moved from church to church and then PROTECTED by the church when they were outed.

The CHURCH is at fault here. 100 percent. They allowed thousands of children to be victims by covering up and protecting the monsters that acted as priests.
    I am angry! VERY ANGRY at this church and the people in power.
    Are all priest pedophiles? NO. DO I trust my (ex) priest? Umm, not really because he stated that those who hurt the children need help and prayers. HELL NO! They need killing and dumped in pit. Not prayers and happy thoughts.

Please read up on this. Please.
    The more I read about the cases the sicker and the angrier I got. I started freaking out when I wrote that little $100 chuch each Sunday, wondering if it will be used to defend these freaks. I just could not be apart of that anymore.
    I don't expect anyone to agree with me and some will probably flame me. I don't care about that but I do want everyone to know it was a HORRIBLE and PAINFUL decision to make.

I Hear Ya

Yes, I know BUT very few pedophiles have the VATICAN and the billions of dollars behind them so they can KEEP raping and molesting children. The priests were just moved from church to church and then PROTECTED by the church when they were outed.

The CHURCH is at fault here. 100 percent. They allowed thousands of children to be victims by covering up and protecting the monsters that acted as priests.
    I am angry! VERY ANGRY at this church and the people in power.
    Are all priest pedophiles? NO. DO I trust my (ex) priest? Umm, not really because he stated that those who hurt the children need help and prayers. HELL NO! They need killing and dumped in pit. Not prayers and happy thoughts.

Please read up on this. Please.
    The more I read about the cases the sicker and the angrier I got. I started freaking out when I wrote that little $100 chuch each Sunday, wondering if it will be used to defend these freaks. I just could not be apart of that anymore.
    I don't expect anyone to agree with me and some will probably flame me. I don't care about that but I do want everyone to know it was a HORRIBLE and PAINFUL decision to make.
    Pixies I read and read and I am a little familiar with SNAP. I absolutely understand your point. I'm of the mind that the Church actually helped create some of them monsters. Somebody keeps defending you and then allowing you to have access to other children, indeed it makes me sick, but I was just wanting to voice my opinion that it isn't the entire Church. Yo, I never in my life gave $100.00 in the envelope. I hear ya though, but I still go to Mass. My siblings were taught by some awesome priests. I'm enraged as well though at those who swept things under the rug and the freaks themselves. That's why I started this thread.

(snipped lovingly)I don't expect anyone to agree with me and some will probably flame me. I don't care about that but I do want everyone to know it was a HORRIBLE and PAINFUL decision to make.
    I hope you didn't take my previous comment as flaming. I did take quite a long break from my own church without realizing why till I was older. I realize the Catholic Church has big issues with pedophilia and it's horrifying how they've hidden the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast