GUILTY TX - Iqbal Ahmed, 64, stabbed to death, Pasadena, 14 Aug 1994

White Rain

Reaction score
HOUSTON — A newly ordained youth minister decided he could no longer keep his secret, confessing to authorities he was 16 years old when he fatally stabbed a convenience store clerk in 1994.
For his forthrightness, Calvin Wayne Inman found himself jailed Saturday, charged with capital murder.
The lead pastor of the 800-member Elim Church said he persuaded Inman to surrender to police after learning about the case several weeks ago.
"It was a situation that was on his conscience," said Ron Nissen, pastor of the Pentecostal church, told the Houston Chronicle in Saturday editions. "He knows it's the right thing to do. His desire is to help other kids not make the same mistakes he did."
Nissen called Inman, now 29, a fine man who got involved with drugs at a young age.
The newspaper reported Inman went to police earlier this month, voluntarily giving a statement admitting that he stabbed the store's 64-year-old clerk, Iqbal Ahmed, on Aug. 14, 1994. Ahmed died at the store. Inman and possibly another teen fled, and the case remained unsolved.
Inman of suburban Pasadena was arrested Wednesday and charged with capital murder as an adult. The Harris County Jail, where Inman is held without bond, said he did not have attorney listed.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330922,00.html

"It was probably Ahmed's desire to help young people that led to him asking the teenagers to show identification proving they were old enough to buy cigarettes, Rahmani said."
Sounds more like he didn't want to get a fine for selling cigs to underage kids. It's mandatory they ask for id anyway.
It sounds like Inman found God.

HOUSTON — A newly ordained youth minister decided he could no longer keep his secret, confessing to authorities he was 16 years old when he fatally stabbed a convenience store clerk in 1994.
For his forthrightness, Calvin Wayne Inman found himself jailed Saturday, charged with capital murder.
The lead pastor of the 800-member Elim Church said he persuaded Inman to surrender to police after learning about the case several weeks ago.
"It was a situation that was on his conscience," said Ron Nissen, pastor of the Pentecostal church, told the Houston Chronicle in Saturday editions. "He knows it's the right thing to do. His desire is to help other kids not make the same mistakes he did."
Nissen called Inman, now 29, a fine man who got involved with drugs at a young age.
The newspaper reported Inman went to police earlier this month, voluntarily giving a statement admitting that he stabbed the store's 64-year-old clerk, Iqbal Ahmed, on Aug. 14, 1994. Ahmed died at the store. Inman and possibly another teen fled, and the case remained unsolved.
Inman of suburban Pasadena was arrested Wednesday and charged with capital murder as an adult. The Harris County Jail, where Inman is held without bond, said he did not have attorney listed.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330922,00.html

Maybe two or three weeks ago, I was listening to a radio show where people call in and ask pastor's questions. This very question came up - and they encouraged him to contact law enforcement. I think they discussed more off air, but how interesting....

It was the right thing to turn himself in, no matter how hard it was - and the consequences that may happen.

I wonder if he's going to squeal on the other teen. Now he can do his ministry behind bars

I wonder if he's going to squeal on the other teen. Now he can do his ministry behind bars

Snitches get stitches. The big mantra now. I bet he don't tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back