Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
I was searching around different sites and found these. Could this be Lisa Borden?
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/16/20014:57:32PM'

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U8904002

I know it says red hair and Lisa's was brown...but Lisa was out on her own for awhile. She could have dyed it. I just thought they looked a lot alike with the shape of her face and nose.

I think its a good match. Plus, even if she didn't do anything to her hair, sun-bleached brown hair can look red or reddish.

wow looks like a good match!!! I know alot of times looking at missing persons pictures, the hair sometimes dont look like the color that they're saying it is.. Sometimes I'll see people marked as blondes and they're hair is alot darker than blonde .. or sometimes they're marked brown and they have a little red tint (I guess auburn?) So good luck!!! I hope this is a match!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/14dftx.html here's a link on doenetwork.. looks like there was new info added (since the last time I looked at least)

http://doenetwork.org/cases/33uftx.html here's more info on the unidentified girl... i'm not so sure about this missing girl now though... but ya never know! ya'll go see what ya think

There is a lot of information that may/may not fit Lisa Jane Borden. Then again, who knows. I believe it might pay to do a little more research.

Is there a list of criteria one could check before sending in a possible match, such as height, hair color, time frame, scars, etc? I believe this would be very helpful. Perhaps after a certain number of criteria had been met, there could be a review board. It might save a lot of time and aggravation.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Kalenbabysims! This did give me more information. Knowing that Lisa had fractured her hand and the other woman did not have any known fractures seems to return this back to the vault. Sad tho. I was hoping we had something.

The rest matched rather closely, however...including her being known to hitchike, her being in OKC, Henryetta, etc. This would be along the route back towards her home in Texas. She most likely would go Interstate 40 to OKC then down Interstate 35 or near there depending on which way she chose to go home. The second photo tells me Lisa did dye her hair sometimes.

The UID appeared to be in a very rough condition. Since Lisa was only missing for less than a month at the time they found her...so I doubt she would have been so unkempt and in such dire straits.

I would still report it. As the hand as so many bones in it, a fracture to it might not be apparent at an autopsy as say a leg bone. =p

A lot of information on these cases is slightly off...like the ages, condition, etc. Personally, I think anytime someone finds a relatively good match as you have, it should be sent in. (Relatively good as in a better chance of a match than say matching someone who went missing last week to an UID that was found in 1912. =p)

Some of the matches I've seen listed on the doenetwork were made because people (or LE) still sent them in despite discrepancies.

Depending on the weather, time of year, amount of exposure, etc., the state of remains could be perfectly plausible.

You know..nine times out of ten I would agree with you...but with this one...I think it isn't a match. The family would know if her nails were gnarly and she was unkempt when she was last seen by them. Yes, she could have developed a VD since they saw her...but I don't think to the extent where she was.

To add to my confusion...there was a sketch from another girl which looked so much like her that I had to do a doubletake. I am still not sure if the problem is they look so much alike...or if the artist is the same person and didn't realize he/she was drawing them so alike. It was very odd.

The other day I came across a website from LA County involving the found photos of a now suspected serial killer and when #17 came up I could of sworn it was Lisa Borden who is of course still missing but it might at least be worth looking at

When I saw the pics I thought it might be a good match. Some of the things are off, like height and eye color, but we've all seen where those differences don't matter in the end!

I guess the thing that is bothering me most is that the body found had chronic salpingitis and hotel napkins, which to me indicate she might have been working as a prostitute. The other woman had been married, although I guess she could have run off and done that for those months between when the one went missing and the other body was found...

This is a hard one for me, but I always say it's better to submit it than not to.

Nice work, either way. Thank you for trying, kandoo. :blowkiss:

Did you ever submit that as a match? It looks good to me. I think you should submit it if you haven't already.

I really think the first possible should be submitted. Green eyes v. hazel eyes is very common and I think the morgue picture looks so much like the other UID.

I think the second possible should be submitted also.

Will you let us know if you have submitted them and what result you received, if any?

TIA,

Salem

I'm so hoping one of Kandoo76's possible matches will be the right one. This young woman deserves to be known by her name and not her socks. Great sleuthing Kandoo76. :blowkiss:

kandoo-
i have always thought that sharon drover looks very similar to orange socks too, but have never been able to find any info on her. Her niece recently posted in a canadian forum concerning her disappearance being linked to the jane doe in caledonia new york. I sent her a message asking if she was familiar with the orange socks case here in Texas. Maybe we can get some additional info concerning Sharon!!

Looking at the morgue photo and looking at Wendy Sue Byron, I'd say it was a match. Kando76, have you sent this in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back