1257 users online (259 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

Fidel Castro resigns

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...tro/index.html

"Fidel Castro announced his resignation as president of Cuba and commander-in-chief of Cuba's military on Tuesday, according to a letter published in the state-run newspaper, Granma."

I wonder what it looks like on the streets of Miami right now?

I saw this earlier and was rather shocked. I say good riddance! Although Raul isn't doing much better, maybe the world will be more willing to interact with him, if he remains in power. I am disappointed that Castro was never overthrown, however. He can say he outlasted everyone and everything. I still say good riddance.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

FINALLY !!!!!!

While I don't subscribe to Communism, actually several times Castro has taken on the US Government and has come out on top. I think his brother will now be in control and may be a bit harsher to deal with than Castro. You may want to keep your smile in place until we see the results. Castro out does not equate to Communism out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    While I don't subscribe to Communism, actually several times Castro has taken on the US Government and has come out on top. I think his brother will now be in control and may be a bit harsher to deal with than Castro. You may want to keep your smile in place until we see the results. Castro out does not equate to Communism out.
    Amen,Raul will be much harder for the US to deal with IMO. I hope Raul is smart enough not to accept some serious cash to join with some of those who would just love to have a military presence very near the US border.

I'm always worried about the guy who will follow a person we as a country do not like. At least with Castro we knew what we were dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...tro/index.html

"Fidel Castro announced his resignation as president of Cuba and commander-in-chief of Cuba's military on Tuesday, according to a letter published in the state-run newspaper, Granma."

I wonder what it looks like on the streets of Miami right now?
    Hmm. He announced it "according to a letter." I wonder if he is finally REALLY dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I saw this earlier and was rather shocked. I say good riddance! Although Raul isn't doing much better, maybe the world will be more willing to interact with him, if he remains in power. I am disappointed that Castro was never overthrown, however. He can say he outlasted everyone and everything. I still say good riddance.
    That's what I say. Good riddance to BAD rubbish!

I've also heard his brother is waaaaaaay worse than him.

What's really interesting is the CNN headline, "Bush: Cuba should see the start of democratic transition." Is Bush living in LaLa Land?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...tro/index.html

Read the rest of the article:
    "Castro transferred powers to his brother Raúl after receiving treatment for intestinal problems in 2006. Raúl Castro is considered more pragmatic than his older brother but hasn't shown any inclination to invite the United States to launch a full-scale democratic push and overhaul of the country's institutions.

At least one activist in Miami, Florida, said Castro's resignation does not mean Cuba is any closer to democracy.

"It doesn't mean any change to the system. It doesn't mean there will be freedom for the Cubans. One big dictator is replacing the other," said Janisset Rivero, executive director of Cuban Democratic Directorate, which works with dissidents in Cuba."

Let's hope his brother is a better leader than Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    What's really interesting is the CNN headline, "Bush: Cuba should see the start of democratic transition." Is Bush living in LaLa Land?
    hahaha, I am sooo not gonna answer that! LOL.

Awhile back NPR had a show about this. They said that when Castro dies the US will loosen some of its laws regarding Cuba. I hope that is correct and we can all play nice together. I would love to visit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I'm always worried about the guy who will follow a person we as a country do not like. At least with Castro we knew what we were dealing with.
    I agree Paladin. I heard Fidels'brother is pretty ruthless.