961 users online (191 members and 770 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667

    KY - Brad Ross, 49, Prospect, 28 Jan 2006

    http://www.wlky.com/news/15341845/detail.html

    19 Feb 08

    Two years after 49-year-old Brad Ross disappeared, his friends say hope is fading they'll ever see him again.

    Investigators laid out a timeline for the afternoon of Rossí disappearance.

    Between 2 and 4:20 p.m., they said he spent time with his girlfriend at her home near Audubon Park. Ross left, saying he was going to drop off some equipment, head to New Albany to visit an employee, then go home to Prospect to feed his dogs before coming back to pick her up for dinner.

    Investigators said Ross called his brother in Oklahoma about 4:20, then placed another call to a business associate about 4:45.

    At 5:28 p.m., and again at 5:30, cell phone records show two one-minute calls to a payphone at 34th and Market streets.

    Two days later, police recovered Ross' truck on 35th Street, not far from the gas station called by his cell phone.

    "We're hoping that at some point somebody's going to come forward with something that'll take us to the next step in this case," Mercer said.

    and

    Ross' family is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts. If you have any information about Ross, you can call the police tip line at 574-LMPD, or Crime Stoppers at 582-CLUE.

    much more at link

    no pic at link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142
    The Charley Project
    Brad Ross
    Missing since January 28, 2006 from Prospect, KY
    Endangered Missing
    5'11 200 pounds
    49 years old
    Caucasian male. Brown hair
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ross_brad.html
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Louisville Metro Police Dept.
    502-574-5673

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    63

    Certainly this would have been cross checked

    Unidentified White Male

    * The victim was discovered on July 15, 2006 in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky
    * Estimated Date of Death: 1-8 weeks prior

    Vital Statistics

    * Estimated age: 30-60 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 68"; 199 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark colored, 2-2.5" long hair.
    * Dentals: Available. Healed fracture (or osteotomy) of jaw with wire fixation. Residual root tip #14.
    * Clothing: T-shirt with large picture of tarantula (see photo). Gray shorts. White athletic shoes, size 11 (see photo).
    * Fingerprints: Not available
    * DNA: DNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD

    Case History
    The victim was located floating in Beargrass Creek near the Ohio River in Louisville, KY.
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1101umky.html[/URL]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667
    I don't know if it's been checked or not, but I just sent an email about it to the Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office. So we'll see....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    I don't know if it's been checked or not, but I just sent an email about it to the Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office. So we'll see....
    The ME's office emailed me today that they are following up on this lead.

    Hoppy

  6. #6
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by sillygilly View Post
    Unidentified White Male

    * The victim was discovered on July 15, 2006 in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky
    * Estimated Date of Death: 1-8 weeks prior

    Vital Statistics

    * Estimated age: 30-60 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 68"; 199 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark colored, 2-2.5" long hair.
    * Dentals: Available. Healed fracture (or osteotomy) of jaw with wire fixation. Residual root tip #14.
    * Clothing: T-shirt with large picture of tarantula (see photo). Gray shorts. White athletic shoes, size 11 (see photo).
    * Fingerprints: Not available
    * DNA: DNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD

    Case History
    The victim was located floating in Beargrass Creek near the Ohio River in Louisville, KY.
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1101umky.html[/URL]

    thanks for bringing this to everyones attention!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    did the Kentucky ME's office ever confirm who that body was and if it was Brad Ross?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    did the Kentucky ME's office ever confirm who that body was and if it was Brad Ross?
    Not to me, they didn't. I wonder if the ME has a website....

    Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,199

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,735
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    did the Kentucky ME's office ever confirm who that body was and if it was Brad Ross?
    He has never been identified. Brad is a listed ruleout for this man found in July '06, with 19 more ruled out. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/350
    Brad went missing 9 years ago today.
    Last edited by KateB; 01-28-2015 at 09:46 AM.




Similar Threads

  1. IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006
    By JustUsJones in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 10:27 AM
  2. GUILTY IN - Jerry Ross, 40, killed in series of highway shootings, Jackson Co., 23 July 2006
    By Shadow205 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:19 AM
  3. IL Jesse Warren Ross (19) - Chicago IL, 2006
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Tags for this Thread