866 users online (116 members and 750 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Sex Offender Poses As Teen, Takes 14 Yr Old To School Dance

He doesn't look anything like a teen! Hooray for these faculty members for stopping the child molesting perv at the gym doors.

ATHENS, Ala. — A convicted sex offender remained jailed Tuesday after the 25-year-old man, posing as a teenager, was caught taking a 14-year-old girl to a dance at her middle school, Athens authorities said.
    Athens Middle School faculty members stopped Gregory Ray Brooks at the gym door because he appeared to be much older than his date at the Friday dance, Athens Superintendent Orman Bridges Jr. said.
    "He didn't look like the 17-year-old he said he was," Bridges said. "The faculty did an excellent job of monitoring who was coming in and catching this guy. They kept him from other students and maybe helped this young lady out of a bad situation."
    Police Capt. Marty Bruce said Brooks was convicted in Limestone County in May 2004 for first-degree sodomy on an 8-year-old victim.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331290,00.html

Oh man that poor girl. What a sicko, wth made him think he could pass for 17???

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    Oh man that poor girl. What a sicko, wth made him think he could pass for 17???
    Where were the parents? 17 and 14 year old???

Good for the school !!!!! Now, where were her parents. I can not imagine letting my daughter go to a dance with a boy I did not know. It just wouldn't happen. I think this girl was saved for something that could have effected her for a lifetime.

Ewwww! I hadn't read the article and seen his picture before my last post. He does not look 17 at all!

He actually looks like several young guys in my neighborhood. I think it is the hair.
    How bold is this perv?! How messed up is this girls homelife that she thought it was OK to go out with a 25 year old freak.

$5,000 bond isn't enough. I hope they lock him up until he gets old. He won't be cured, he's got a past sex offender history with an 8 year old.

"Police Capt. Marty Bruce said Brooks was convicted in Limestone County in May 2004 for first-degree sodomy on an 8-year-old victim."
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331290,00.html

The mother doesn't seem to be monitoring her daughter at all.

This is barely 2008. Why wasn't this freak still in jail!!

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    This is barely 2008. Why wasn't this freak still in jail!!
    Yeah it looks like he served 4 yrs! What is that? NOTHING for a child molester....I am SO sick of these pervs being giving light sentences....

Why is a 14 year old dating?
    Where were her parents? Didn't they meet her date?
    The guy looks 30. bleckkkkkkkkk

Sor

What a freak. Here's his SOR Mugshot. Last varification date was almost one year to the day he decided to go to a dance. Public intoxication? Gregory Ray Brooks must have been nervous. Freak.http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=122825311

ewwwwww...he is yucky.
    Filly,
    Thanks for all the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    ewwwwww...he is yucky.
    Filly,
    Thanks for all the updates.
    Right, Philamena? He's a frightening pervert. Oh anytime if I can get an update I will post. Thank you though for the thanks. LOL

This kind of thing just gets under my craw but I like reading about and discussing these cases. Only thing is, following this type of case has made me over protective of my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    This kind of thing just gets under my craw but I like reading about and discussing these cases. Only thing is, following this type of case has made me over protective of my kids.
    Hey, better than allowing your kids when they are or were 14 to date a 20 something sex offender, Philamena. You're a good mom. Just educating yourself is all. I'm wondering if this mom even knew the kid was going with him? Maybe the mom dropped her at the dance and he was waiting to meet the kid? Dances, in middle school I chaperoned them. Better than worrying myself sick.